We are a family of 5 - with two boys and a girl. Although we live in the Bay Area most of the year, we have been calling Blue Lake Springs our second home since 2005, when our boys were toddlers and before our daughter was born. We love this area for it's beauty and for all of the opportunities for fun and relaxation.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Enjoyed our stay!
I should start by saying that Holly was super helpful throughout the booking process and thereafter with recommending activities etc.
We utilized the game room and accomplished a 500 piece puzzle :) Our kids really enjoyed the art shed (so did I as they kept busy in there ;)
We had a great time at the rec center and in the surrounding area. We visited Lake Utica a couple times, as well as Alpine Lake and Natural Bridges.
We are looking forward to a future stay!
My Family and I had an amazing week at the 5 bears cabin!
This property was great! Very clean, comfortable beds, and lots of adventures to keep our kids busy within in short distance! If you love the outdoors and water related activities this is the place!
Enjoyed every minute of Five Bears Cabin!
We had an amazing time! We stayed four nights and could have stayed another few days and not run out of things to do. The cabin was very clean and even nicer than the pictures! It was also bigger in person. It was super close to tons of fun stuff for our family (we love outdoor adventures). Short drive to Big Trees State Park where we spent two of our four days... highly recommend a picnic and river swimming at Beaver Creek, they have a free Junior Ranger program on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and hiking on any of their many amazing trails. It was under 10 minutes to the park.
We also loved the Sierra Nevada Logging Museum and White Pines Lake (both free and under 10 minutes away in Arnold). Yummy food at Snowshoe Brewery down the road.
The cabin was well stocked with anything we needed and even though it was in the 90s each day we were there (July) it cooled off perfectly in the evenings with the fans provided. Beds were pretty comfy and the double bunk beds were perfect for our kids. It felt very private and peaceful while still being conveniently located near supermarkets, restaurants, etc. We didn’t hear a soul until the last night we were there!
We would 100% stay here again, summer or winter!
The perfect little getaway nestled in the forest at the end of the road.
Such a fun place to stay. Nice little cabin fully equipped with everything you need for a relaxing retreat. The owners are super helpful, kind, and there if you need anything. The cabin feels quite spacious, especially with the large deck, art studio, and lounge filled with tons of fun games. Great place to go explore the area or just hunker down to watch the snow fall. We can’t wait to return in the future.
Great cabin, great location!
Perfect cabin for a Family Getaway, close to everything but also secluded. Would definitely stay here again!
Our family had a wonderful stay at the Five Bears Cabin!!
I was looking for a cabin in Arnold where my family can explore nature right around the cabin, and I came across Five Bears Cabin. We had an amazing stay at the cabin. Some highlights of our stays are:
1) The cabin has everything we need to feel like home (kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms... every room was equipped with what a small family needs).
2) The 2 bonus rooms are perfect for my family: We like to paint, so we love the art room. My kids like to stay at the game room to play all sorts of board games.
3) The cabin is at a secluded area, we love the privacy. And we can watch the kids run around the woods and just explore right at the deck.
4) Holly is EXTREMELY prompt and helpful in responding to all my questions. It was my first time using VRBO, so I was a bit lost in how everything works, but Holly helped me every step of the way and made the entire process seem so easy!! Thank you Holly !
5) The location is perfect too, few minutes drive to downtown, I was able to get all my groceries there.
My family wish we had more time to stay, but my husband had to go back to work. We will definitely return next time when we need a place to stay at Arnold.
PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA!
Blue Lake Springs Snowflake Lodge
- Restaurant open Friday and Saturday night (BYOB!)
- Summer: pool; lake; tennis; basketball; bocce; shuffleboard; ping pong
Big Trees State Park
Bear Valley Ski Resort (downhill & cross-country)
- Charming gold-rush town with shops, restaurants, wineries
- Ironstone Vineyard with gorgeous grounds and events
- Outdoor fun for kids with play structure, creek and grassy area
- Gold-rush town
- Historic recreation with saloon, horse-drawn carriage, panning-for-gold