Cute, Close to Beach, Golf & More!(3 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Bed And Breakfast
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Bed And Breakfast, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath (Sleeps 4)
Our neighborhood is in the country and close to Coles Bay beach. It is quiet, secluded with many areas to go for a stroll, power walk or run. The golf course is across the street from us so we are surrounded mostly by trees, lawns and rural vistas.
We have wild birds, bunnies and deer that visit the property completing the country feeling.
-A 380 square foot main bedroom suite with ensuite bathroom.
- And an additional 140 square foot bedroom for one or two extra people. Cost is an extra $20.00 CAD per person per night. Will have to share bathroom in main suite.
-The suite has a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hot water kettle
- Daily towel service
- A 210 square foot living room area downstairs with TV suitable for stretching out and relaxing or chatting with friends and travel mates. This is yours to use privately.
- A large selection of in-house books on a range of topics. My mother had been a voracious reader.
- LED candles available for sale for a romantic evening.
- TV available in main suite and extra bedroom.
- Continental breakfast
- Wifi available
- Ardmore Golf course across street - can book tee time.
- 10 minute walk to Coles Bay beach.
- Butchart Garden and Butterfly World 15 minute drive.
- Victoria 30 minute drive.
- Whale watching and fishing charters in Victoria.
- Numerous restaurants within 5 minute to 30 minute drive. We provide a list.
- Victoria airport 5 minute drive.
- Swartz Bay Ferry terminal 10 minute drive.
- Other ferry systems close by: Coho Black Ball to Port Angeles, Washington State, Clipper to Seattle, Washington, Sidney to Anacortes, Washington and several up island ferries to other designations.
- Car rentals available at the airport and other destinations on the island.
-Brochures for local attractions available
- WE ARE OPEN TO CONSIDERING SPECIAL REQUESTS.
NOTE: no pets and non-smoking dwelling
- Guests will have access to their bedroom(s), ensuite bathroom, lower living room, upper living room ( when requested), and outdoors on the property.
-We provide parking.
- We will be available when you check in and check out. We are also available by cell phone.
- We are generally around during the day. Most evenings we are home. For questions about anything or the local area please try to let us know at breakfast so we can get you the information.
-We keep brochures available of different sights to see and restaurants during your visit.
-If there is somewhere special you need info on, please email us your request.
- We provide a continental breakfast that can be prepared as early as 6:00 am and ends at 10:00 am. You need to let us know upon arrival what time you would like your breakfast. Consideration for different times can be given upon request.
- There will be a card to fill out the night before to choose from our options for breakfast. Gluten and milk free can be accommodated.
- General items for breakfast:
juice - let us know what you like in advance
milk options (cow's, soy and almond)
sugar and sugar substitutes
some kind of baked goody (wheat or gluten free)
We are very fortunate to be living in one of the most beautiful areas in the whole world.
Our home is a countryside location with a quiet, treed and flowered neighborhood across from the Ardmore golf course. We have always loved living here for almost 40 years and look forward to sharing our home for your perfect vacation experience.
Beaches, local islands, lovely temperate weather, fishing, whale watching, 'Old Victorian' style city, lots of shopping, world class restaurants, wineries and breweries, bike and walking trails all over the island, skin diving and one of my favorites - spas for whatever relaxes and soothes you. All within 30 to 40 minutes of our location.
- Pickup and drop-off available upon request at Victoria International Airport (YYJ) and local Ferry Terminals. $10.00 to $20.00 each way depending on distance from our property.
- There are local buses that go into Victoria - 15 minute walk to the bus stop
Guests will have access to one or both bedrooms and ensuite bathroom , the lower living room, upper living room ( when requested), and outdoors on the property. We can allow access to our laundry facilities when needed.
Interaction with Guests:
We are available at check-in, breakfast and by cell-phone. We live here so most of the time we are around on the property for special requests or questions about the area.
Member since: 2015
- 800 sq. ft.
- Bed And Breakfast
- Bed & Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Course Front:
Near The Ocean:
We are a beautiful rural 10 minute walk from Coles Bay Beach. There is also a parking lot by the beach if you choose to walk. Well maintained rock path through trees to beach and tends to be quiet. ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $19 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
Rates are subject to change until booking is confirmed. Any additional charges such as staying extra days will be due upon arrival or when guests decides to add extra days while staying. This is conditional upon availability. We accept cash or credit cards.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
We are 15 minutes from the world famous Butchart Gardens.
Year Purchased: 1978
About the owner: My mother, Jan and step father Maurie Turner built our house in 1978. It was their dream house and they loved living in this beautiful area for almost forty years. We have had many enjoyable family events including birthdays, Christmases, Easters, Thanksgivings and my sister's beautiful wedding. She loved to garden and entertain and always thought the house would be a good spot for a small bed and breakfast. Mum passed away in 2014 and my husband and I decided to pursue her vision and open the house to guests in her memory. We are really enjoying our visitors and providing a comfortable relaxing place to stay while they are visiting our gorgeous island. Karey and Howie deGraaf: Howie and I have kind of a fun background story. We were childhood sweethearts in high school growing up in Duncan here on Vancouver Island. In university we went our separate ways and I ended up moving to California. While there I got married, raised a family of three and went into business with my first husband for twenty-six years. Howie also married and had five kids of his own. When my kids were grown I chose to start a new life and move back to Canada. I reconnected with Howie ten years ago who was also on his own and we have been together now for over ten years, married and enjoying our grown children and grandchildren! While I lived in California in a little coastal town called Fort Bragg we had a house with a small grandmother cottage that was perfect for a vacation rental. We renovated it, started to rent it by the night and found it was a lot of fun! We had people come to us from everywhere including England and they always had interesting stories. One of my favorite experiences was a weekend when my cousin and her husband were visiting for one night. They were planning to go camping for a week and thought they would test out their tent in our back yard for the night. At the same time I had an interesting surfer "dude" who wanted to rent our cottage for the week
Why the Owner Chose North Saanich, BC, Canada:
Our property and home is beautiful, picturesque, serene and peaceful. Lots of birds, bunnies, deer and other woodland creatures. My parents found the land the house is built on in 1976. It was part of an original apple orchard. They felt it was perfect for their retirement years. My mother was also an avid gardener having most of the 1/2 acre of land in amazing gardens over the years. The neighbors have often told us about the wonderful variety ranging from flowers, fruit, vegetables, and trees.
The Unique Benefits at this Bed And Breakfast:
We love my parent's home and lifestyle. Everywhere we look is a perfect country setting. We constantly thank our luck to be living in this beautiful home and carrying out my parents dream to continue living here and sharing our little bit of heaven. Many of our inn guests have told us they found their stay with us to be a wonderful tranquil getaway. They always express surprise at the size of our home which lends a feeling of privacy and relaxation - kind of a spreading out in our living areas. We look forward to sharing it with you!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Monday, January 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.