A Vacation Like No Other - You Will Not Want to Leave!(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Rustic Horse Farm Offering Spectacular Views and Unsurpassed Tranquility!
For a family vacation, a romantic get away, or even a solo adventure, this property offers you peace and tranquility for when you want to relax and unwind as well as lots of exciting destinations for when you want to explore the Parish and meet our people.
Arriving at Darlingford Farm for the first time will be a memorable experience. As you meander past our distinctive white fence, down our slightly long driveway, and past our grazing horses, you will see for the first time your 'home away from home'. Our farmhouse is wooden and very spacious with elegantly casual decor that captures the splendor of old Jamaican architecture. The beauty found in this home is unique and every room offers something different.
* The living room is large and very comfortable with soft tones and lots of light. Great for an evening drink before dinner and catching up about your day or enjoying a movie before bed.
* The dining room which seats eight has a more traditional 'greathouse' feel with antique furniture and ambiance. This is a charming space to enjoy a delicious dinner prepared by Hopeton.
* The front verandah is an airy space with shuttered windows that feels like it was built specifically to greet the morning and the beauty of the mountains. This is only made better by also having a freshly brewed cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee in hand.
* The large back verandah with its unforgettable view, sound of the crashing waves, and constant breeze is perfect for a relaxed lunch and casual lounging during the day.
* And at dusk the terrace below the almond tree is where spectacular sunsets can be seen while enjoying a glass of wine and wondering if you have ever seen something quite this magical before!
The bedrooms at Darlingford Farm are all quite large with high ceilings and fans. Two of the bedrooms have king-sized beds, one bedroom has a queen-sized bed, and the final bedroom has two single-beds. The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom while the other three bedrooms share a large hall bathroom with double sinks.
Darlingford Farm welcomes you!
Member since: 2015
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Included
- Private Chef
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Mountain View:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 14 - Dec 15, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 16 - Apr 13, 2018
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
15% Gratuity for staff is not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: I grew up at Darlingford Farm and I cannot put into words how wonderful a place I think this is. The memories that I hold dear to my heart, as a child and as an adult, all revolve around this beautiful home and as yet un-spoilt Parish. Over the years I have watched and been somewhat amused by the number of people, both tourists and locals alike, who have driven into our home to ask if they can stop and take just one photograph. Inevitably, after they have taken dozens of photographs, they ask if they can walk around for just a little bit. Hours later they can be found sitting relaxed on the back verandah, drinking fresh coconut water and wishing they did not have to pull them selves away and continue to where they were going... It is this memory that has inspired me to open up my childhood home to guests who may want to visit Portland and create their own memories. I truly believe that Portland is a place of healing for the soul and Darlingford Farm is a place of beauty for the heart.
Why the Owner Chose Portland Parish, Jamaica:
Because there is no other place like it!
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
The parish of Portland is known for its untouched beauty and natural attractions. Darlingford Farm will provide you with a great base to explore the area and experience true Jamaican culture. My families top ten list would have to include: 1. Frenchman's Cove Beach 2. Reach Falls 3. Boston Bay - surfing the waves! 4. Long Bay 5. Bath Fountain and Hot Springs 6. Rafting on the Rio Grande 7. San San Beach and Blue Lagoon and Monkey Island 8. Morant Point Lighthouse 9. Errol Flynn Marina and Navy Island 10. Boston Jerk center - They have a yearly jerk festival! And there are so many more things to do too...
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Sunday, April 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.