About the property
- Cottage1722 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 5 nights
Ocean/Mtn views, fire place, firepit, large deck/yard, close to beach, dog OK
* Gearhart Getaway is a welcoming beach cottage that your family, pets, and children will enjoy.
* Located on the south end of Gearhart in a quiet
cul-de-sac with walking trails to the beach.
* Just steps from "Little Beach”, where the Necanicum River meets the Pacific Ocean and a breathtaking view of majestic Tillamook Head mountains.
Benefits of this Home:
*Family and dog-friendly with a fenced yard (Maximum of 2 dogs)
* Sleeps 8.
*Cable and Flat Screen TVs.
*Indoor Fireplace/ Outdoor Fire-pit.
*Outdoor fire pit
Description of Home:
* Open Living Concept single level floor plan.
* 4 Bedrooms/ 2 Bathrooms. Sleeps 8 maximum.
* Numerous southwest facing windows for natural lighting, awesome views, and watching your children play.
* Kitchen: has great storage for your groceries, ample counter space, and is equipped with many amenities: blender, food processor, pots and pans, utensils, dishwasher, serving platters and bowls, baking equipment and more.
* Fully working antique stove/oven in kitchen.
* South facing rooms have a view of Tillamook Head and the Necanium River.
* Bedroom 1: Master Bedroom with king bed, flat screen TV and Cable. Sleeps 2.
* Bedroom 2: 2 twin beds. Sleeps 2.
* Bedroom 3: 2 twin beds that can be converted into a king bed. Sleeps 2.
* Bedroom 4: Queen bed. Sleeps 2.
* Semi-Private Sitting Area: furnished with a queen sofa sleeper. Sleeps 2.
*Bathroom 1: Full bath with shower/tub combination.
* Bathroom 2: Full bath with shower.
Description of Exterior:
* Games and Activities: Indoor/ Outdoor bean bag toss, croquet, horse shoes, and ping-pong.
* Large Deck with 6 lounge chairs, BBQ grill, umbrellas, and table with 4 chairs.
* Professionally landscaped fenced yard gives your children and pets a safe area to roam and play.
* Gas Fed Outdoor Fire pit with a small supply of firewood located on the east side of property.
* 2 Cruiser Bikes for discovering the treasures of the heart of Gearhart.
* 2 reserved stalls for parking and long driveway that can accommodate an additional 2 vehicles (driveway must be clear on Thursday for garbage collector.)
*Sites and Attractions:
- Blocks from Gearhart Crossing Market, Deli & Pub, Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe, Sweet Shop Ice Cream, Wine Bar and Cafe.
- Located within walking distance to world class golf courses and McMenamin's
- Conveniently located between the exciting town of Seaside and historical town of Astoria.
-The town of Seaside offers entertainment for everyone to enjoy including, many restaurants, bars and pubs, boutiques, an arcade with bumper cars and a carousel, and a town aquarium. Have the best pizza at Angelina's, enjoy a nice family meal at Dundee's, and visit the Seaside Pool for year-round indoor activities.
-Astoria offers many historical museums, shopping, and restaurants to visit. Visit the Maritime Museum, Lewis and Clark Museum, and walk the Astoria Column. Experience fresh fish and chips at the renowned Bowpicker, enjoy a nice river front dinner at Baked Alaska or the Bridgewater Bistro, and taste local beer and liquor at Ft. George Brewery and Buoy's.
-Short driving distance to the quaint and artsy town of Cannon Beach which boasts an abundance of eclectic art galleries and boutiques. After shopping and exploring, visit the famous Haystack Rock and Ecola Creek Park. Enjoy a unique culinary experience at EVOO, have the freshest dinner at the Irish Table where everything is prepared fresh and in-house, or visit Castaways for an exotic Cajun meal.
We look forward to sharing our home with you!
* 4th Night Free Special - February & March 2018
* Prices based on availability
* Some restrictions apply
Arnold & Malia Jacobsen
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
About Arnold & Malia Jacobsen
Hello & Aloha from Arnie & Malia Jacobsen. Arnie was born and raised in little Nehalem, Oregon just 20 minutes south of Cannon Beach. Malia was raised in Honaunau, Hawaii in a little town south of Kona. We love raising our daughter Pualani on the lovely Oregon Coast. Our business area includes Gearhart, Seaside, Cannon Beach & Arch Cape. We enjoy walking the beaches year around, swimming in the creeks during the summer warmer months, or surfing. Some of our favorite hiking spots is Oswald West and Ecola State Park from Crest beach to Indian beach. Other than the Necanicum River where else can you Kayak, fish and get dungeons crab. Everywhere we go we see someone we are connected to. From going to the post office, grocery shopping, having a meal or just shopping. Which is why we started our business Kukui House Services here. Kukui meaning “light” in Hawaiian. Kukui “Light” House Services. We help owners with their rental or private home. There are so many wonderful aspects for living here and would love to share our experiences with you.
Arnold & Malia Jacobsen purchased this Cottage in 2015
Why Arnold & Malia Jacobsen chose Gearhart
Gearhart Hideaway is a special dwelling. We love this home because of the privacy and great views. This house is a wonderful place for family gatherings and just steps away from walking trails, the beach, and headlands.
What makes this Cottage unique
Gearhart Getaway is a very easy flowing floor plan, family and pet friendly. You may want to make this your family retreat yearly.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great house, great location, very clean.
Perfect layout for two families. Spacious living area. The older range was a treat to use. Did I mention it was really clean?
A charming beach rental away from the crowds
We love Canon Beach but for our fourth visit to the area we found this great little house a bit further north in Gearhart. It was our best trip yet. The house was bigger than we needed for the four of us but we booked because it had a lovely fenced yard for our young dog which is hardto find in the area and was also good for our gymnast daughter Plus there was a great deck area with a sunken hot tub. It was a very short walk to the amazing beach that you can also drive on but as it's quieter than the beaches at seaside and canon beach we could let our dog run free. The house was equipped with everything we needed to occupy teens in changeable weather and they loved the table tennis, using the bikes, Netflix and the hot tub. I really enjoyed preparing meals in the house and every night we had the fire going and used the fire pit outside for Smores. A full size washer and dryer helped after we got dirty or wet exploring the beach or after a hike at Ecola State park. The bedrooms were warm And cozy and the beds comfortable too with plenty of towels avail to us including dog towels which is a useful extra! We would love to come back and would definitely febt this house again as we could easily drive to canon beach but it felt so much nicer to be in Gearhart for our morning and evening walks. Thanks so much for sharing your home with us and for the always prompt replies to my questions Malia. We had a blast.
Thank you for taking the time and effort for leaving a review. Look forward to having you all again.
March Madness 2018
Great home for our March group and the weather allowed us a couple rounds of golf . Trails to the beach are really close and the South end of Gearhart is very quiet. Nice clean place.
Thanks, NFL Club
Love the house
My husband, son and two other men went down for Super Bowl. They had a great time. They golfed at Gearhart and put the ping pong and foosball table to good use. Everyone had their own bedroom.
I joined my husband On that Monday and was so pleased with the house. It was clean and very comfortable. The house is bright and airy and very well stocked. The beds were so comfy. We ended up adding on an extra day.
The owners were so easy to work with and got back to us quickly. We will be renting this house again next year.
My only recommendations is to mount the tv over the fireplace, and replace the couch as the cushions slip off. They were still comfortable..
Incredible property! Perfect for a two family getaway.
Incredible property! Perfect for a two family getaway. And so very close to some beautiful coastal walks!
Thank you for your kind review on our property! The proximity to the Ocean and Estuary do provide some amazing walks.
Hope your family and fiends return soon!
Clean, bright and spacious home with lots of fun toys!
We loved the pig pong table and easy walk to the beach. The highlight was the huge herd of elk that slowly made it's way around and through the property! We were able to watch them for hours!
Thank you Kristen for your review. It's so exciting when the elk herd visits! Looking forward to your return.
Gearhart Getaway feels like a true getaway. Pacific Way bakery for our morning latte and the pastries are amazing, Pacific Way Restaurant, McMenamins Restaurant and Pub, Tennis Court and Basketball Court. Most of all, just steps to walking trails and Little Beach where Necanicum River meets the Pacific Ocean, over looking Seaside town. Many frequent here for fishing, crabbing, clamming and getting shrimp. We enjoy raking for Dungeness crab at low tide or throwing out a crab pot on the incoming tides.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
www.KukuiVacationRentals.com Dog fee in the amount of $10per dog, per stay, not to exceed 2 dogs with a minimum of $30 per dog. Any additional fees owed will be added after Kukui House Services receives your signed pet addendum. We require 2 forms of Damage Protection. $59 non refundable fee which protects us up to $1500 and then $100 refundable deposit that encourages a refund for a well kept home. Thank you for your understanding