About this rental
The perfect retreat to experience the beauty and wonder of a Maine Winter
Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 5(Sleeps: 12)
Bunk bed (2)
Toilet · Combination tub/shower · tub · Jetted tub
Toilet · Combination tub/shower · shower
Toilet · tub · shower
Toilet · shower
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 60 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Pets allowed - PLEASE clean up after your pets - inside & outPLEASE clean up after your pets - inside & out
Events allowed - Events are subject to an event fee please inquireEvents are subject to an event fee please inquire
No smoking - smoking inside = $500.00 additional cleaning feesmoking inside = $500.00 additional cleaning fee
Max guests: 12
Minimum age of primary renter: 21
- Additional insurance coverage MUST be taken out for all events. Multi-week rentals MUST be cleaned each week of your stay (at an additional charge)
- For multi-week rentals, a non-refundable damage waiver of 99$ will be charged for each additional week (partial or full) of your stay.
- if using "INSTANT BOOKING" make sure your departure day is a SATURDAY. We can only accept Saturday to Saturday rentals from June 1 - September 28th.
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets)
Cleaned with disinfectant
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Hosted by Dave JohnsonAsk a question
About Dave Johnson
I'm a photographer and filmmaker who loves renovating historic homes. I'm from Bailey Island originally, but now spend my time between New York City and Maine. I love creating spaces that help people experience the magic of this incredibly special place. THE GILLS GROUP cottages are not just rental properties to me, they are homes I created to spend time with people I love.
Dave Johnson purchased this Cottage in 2015
Why Dave Johnson chose Bailey Island
The View. The View. The View.
What makes this Cottage unique
THE GILLS GROUP property manager, Dave Johnson is an island local who is also a lobsterman. He can arrange to deliver fresh lobsters to your doorstep during your stay. Jaquish Lane can also be rented along with one of my other GILLS GROUP cottages - The Gills (VRBO # 318909) which is directly next door and sleeps 6 or The Red House (VRBO # 1063510) which is across the street with a private pebble beach and 100 foot wharf. The Red House sleeps 4.