*Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay*
Make nature your neighbor at 'The Sugar House,' this cozy 1-bed, 1-bath vacation rental that sits on 5 acres of historical land used for sustainable farming. Hosting 3 guests plus 1 child, this hidden treasure of Baton Rouge offers all the comforts of home. Enjoy this tranquil Mississippi River retreat just minutes from LSU’s Tiger Stadium, L'Auberge Casino and Mall of Louisiana.
Bedroom: King Bed | Additional Sleeping: Queen Air Mattress
Wind your way through the 5 acres of property and passed the Main House which was originally built in 1815 as part of the Longwood Sugar Cane Plantation. Now home to Fullness Organic Farms, this home beautifully combines history and practicality.
Surrounded by towering trees and lush foliage, approach the entrance to the Guest Home through the private courtyard along with a pristine pond. You're sure to spend quality time on the spacious patio - perfect for relaxing with the whole group.
Stepping inside, you'll be greeted by a well-appointed interior which blends vintage and modern decor, sleek hardwood flooring, and comfortable furnishings throughout.
When hunger strikes, prepare a meal using fresh vegetables from the organic farm in the well-equipped kitchenette.
Come nighttime, watch your favorite show on the flat-screen cable TV from the comfort of the lustrous king-sized bed. An additional queen-sized air mattress is available for nights of peaceful sleep.
This property truly offers the quintessential retreat to experience all the wonders of Baton Rouge. With the endless excitement surrounding LSU sports, you'll enjoy easy access to LSU Tiger Stadium and Alex Box Stadium at Skip Bertman Field.
Looking to learn more about the history of the property? Arrange a tour of Fullness Organic Farm and enjoy access to the delicious local produce.
Experience the outdoors by hopping on a bicycle and riding the Mississippi River trail or make the 9-mile trip to Alligator Bayou for kayaking and canoeing.
Downtown Baton Rouge sits just 9 miles from the property and offers an array of attractions, including USS Kidd Museum, Louisiana's Old State Capitol, Hollywood Casino, and Capitol Park Museum. Enjoy an evening out at local eatery favorites, like Poor Boy Lloyd's, Schlittz & Giggles and Tsunami Sushi.
Should you need a change of scenery, New Orleans is just a 1.5-hour drive from your door. Discover all the wonders of the 'Big Easy' by strolling the streets of the historic French Quarter, Frenchmen Street and Jackson Square.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchenette, fully equipped kitchen in the main house (available upon request), a flat-screen cable TV, furnished patio, large yard, continental breakfast, free organic vegetables, air conditioning, heating, plenty of parking available and more
- Excellent Baton Rouge location - Located on an organic farm steps from the Mississippi River! Easy access to downtown attractions, Louisiana State University, abundant restaurants, and New Orleans
- Airport: Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport - 9430 Jackie Cochran Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70811, (~16 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $25 per stay fee (Maximum 2 allowed)
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Please note the homeowner holds a bible study group event every Wednesday evening for 3 hours; the event is completely separate and your unit will not be affected during this time
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note this home sleeps 3 adults comfortably in beds but maximum occupancy is flexible up to 3 adults and 1 child
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in