Sundancer is a luxurious safari tent with central air and heat, full bath (with over-sized shower), luxurious bedroom/linens, and so much more! It's on a 300+ acre working cattle ranch, with a quarter mile of river frontage! We are pleased to introduce Sundancer, THE MOST AMAZING AND ROMANTIC FAMILY GETAWAY in Texas! (Be sure to see our short video-- scroll to 3rd pic to the right).
(Also see the wedding photos from the bluff overlooking the river!)
Just in-- Soon-to-be-released ROBERT REDFORD film "Old Man and a Gun" partially shot at the ranch! Come see why all the excitement!
The Fort Worth Star Telegram called it "The Best of Both Worlds" ie of nature and comfort.
The Travel Channel (online) called it "Irresistible!"
Come see why! (And note our lower weeknight rates!)
Sundancer sits on a magnificent deck overlooking Comanche Creek (complete with its own waterfall). It is deep inside the Double F River Ranch, which is home to longhorn and Angus cattle.
"A cool safari getaway" - 360 West Magazine
WE ARE NOW OFFERING A SHUTTLE UP TO THE BRIDGE WITH KAYAKS, FOR AN EASY ONE HOUR FLOAT BACK TO THE RANCH! (Small charge applies)
- Relax and read a book on the deck while you listen to the waterfall
- Weatherford is 10 minutes away, and Granbury 20 minutes.
- Build a fire in the fire pit
- Grill your favorite steak
- Enjoy the Japanese soaking tub (one of the only wood-fired hot tubs in America!)
- Hike the easy one mile trail to the river
- Play one of the many games we provide or work a puzzle, or zone out while coloring one of the adult coloring books (but please stay in the lines!)
- We have the ONLY fairy forest in Parker County; build a fairy house out of sticks and branches, which keeps the fairies coming back!
- THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LIKE OUR STRETCH OF THE BRAZOS RIVER. There simply are no other places on the river where there are SEVERAL SETS OF RAPIDS!
- Kayaks are provided, or float in one of the tubes (see video of our tubing at vrbo.com/706433). Or (my fave) enjoy a beverage while sitting IN the rapids in one of the light plastic chairs, as the river gurgles and splashes around your feet. Great sunsets from the river!
- Hunt for animal tracks on one of the white sand islands, or build a sand castle.
- Fish just below the rapids
- Relax on the bluff overlooking the river, and enjoy watching the wildlife
- Hang out in the 3000 square foot second floor room in the barn
- Rent the farmhouse too (vrbo.com/706433), which sleeps up to 12, and create a larger friend/family experience
- Go hunting for arrowheads and petrified wood.
Sundancer is for re-discovering love and adventure! It is a couples' paradise, and is also perfect for a personal retreat.
A story: My photographer suddenly stopped shooting, turned, and whispered, "Do you have baboons here?!" I chuckled--"Those are owls, and they are my favorite sounds of the night," I replied. Because of Sundancer's fabric walls, at night you will hear owls, turkeys and coyotes serenade you at night. In the morning you'll awaken to a thousand birds singing to you. You’ll see deer, wild turkeys, birds of all kinds, and other wild things.
The Comanche were quite active up and down this part of the Brazos when the earliest settlers arrived around 1850, until the Commanches' eventual conquest by the Texas Rangers and their Colt pistols around 1870; we have found lots of flint and some arrowheads on high places here. Going further back in history, the Double F River Ranch has an abundance of petrified wood; they say that if you have fossilized sea shells you were under water, but if you have petrified wood you had land creatures. Hunting for petrified wood is a fun adventure here. (But leave them for the next person to discover!)
Weatherford is only 10 minutes away and Granbury is only 20 minutes away; both have great restaurants. And this close to Fort Worth, you could actually commute and have a ranch to come home to at night-- note the lower pricing mid-week!