Well Presented Semi-Det House Ideal for Relaxing Break - Scenery, Golf, Beach(59 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 6
There is an open plan Living/Dining Area and a separate Kitchen downstairs, with two double and one single (with sturdy bunks) bedrooms upstairs. The living/dining area, hall and upstairs bedrooms all have wooden floors. The stairs and landing are carpeted. Outside there is a garage where you can hang your wet suits, store your surfboards, bicycles, etc. There is quite a large front side garden and enclosed side and rear gardens to keep the little ones safe. On the rear patio there is garden furniture (table and chairs). Fuel for the fire is also available in the coal-house. Wi-fi is available.
There are so many things to see and do in the area and beyond. Here are a few suggestions;
- Stroll down to the Promenade and peruse the shops
- Walk from the house, over the hill to the coastal path, the Strand, Barmouth or the Promenade and beyond.
- Play bowls, tennis, putting, golf or surf on Portstewart Strand Within a few miles there are Golf courses in Portstewart (3), Portrush (2), Bushmills and a 9 hole course between the two Ports.
- to the east visit Dunluce Castle, Bushmills Distillery, Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-rede rope Bridge, Ballycastle and Rathlin Island. (Bring your National Trust Card)
- to the west visit Mussenden Temple and Downhill Demesne for a walk.(One of the most photographed scenes in Ireland)
- Travel by train from Coleraine to Derry/Londonderry, one of Michael Palin’s Great Railway Journeys. Walk on the historic Derry walls.
- A ferry will take you from Magilligan to Greencastle in Donegal where you can go for a wonderful days drive round the Inishowen Peninsula. (Check with local Tourist Information Office that ferry is running)
- You must check out the Antrim Coast Road, described as 'one of the top 5 driving trips in the world'.
- A day trip to our capitol, Belfast, is only about 1 hour 15 minutes away.
- In Portstewart there are many restaurants,or try Portrush for a change.
- The nearest Tourist Information Office is in Coleraine; the Library situated below the Townhall on the Promenade has a little information, the Library also has internet access, which is free to members or a small charge if not.
Please Note: We respond promptly to all enquiries, usually within a few hours. If you do not receive a reply from us within 24 hrs we recommend you check your junk/spam mail box or telephone us. Thank you.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2012
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 7 - Apr 14, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 15 - Apr 21, 2017
7 night min stay
Apr 22 - May 6, 2017
3 night min stay
May 7 - May 13, 2017
7 night min stay
May 14 - Jul 4, 2017
3 night min stay
IRISH OPEN @ Portstewart
Jul 5 - Jul 9, 2017
4 night min stay
Jul 10 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 2 - Sep 29, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $301.09
- No additional mandatory fees
A weekend night refers to a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
A 30% deposit is required to confirm the booking. The remaining balance must be paid 8 weeks before rental commences.
There is a £200 damage deposit payable with the remaining balance. This will be returned within 14 days of departure.
Cancellation Policy: Dep. and balance will be re-paid in full if the property can be re-booked.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Portstewart is a quite, sedate resort, with a picturesque harbour and promenade and to the west is the sweeping two-mile stretch of Portstewart Strand. Great golf courses including Portstewart and Royal Portrush which was the venue for Irish Open 2012. Travel east and within 20 minutes you can visit Dunluce Castle, Bushmills Distillery, Giant's Causeway. Travel a little further see Carrig-a-rede ropebridge and Ballycastle and a little boat trip to Rathlin Island and do a spot of Bird Watching. Portstewart has wonderful coastal walks to Blue Flag beaches, swim, surf or lie in the dunes and soak up the sun. If you want to play, there is Tennis, Bowls, Putting, Sea Fishing trips from the local harbour, surfing on Portstewart Strand or for a change try Portrush and of course Championship Golf courses in Portstewart and Portrush. Go west to Derry / Londonderry (was UK City of Culture 2013, about 1hr. drive) and Co.Donegal for more magnificent scenery. Come during May for the International North West 200 Motor Cycle Race Week; July for the N.I. Milk Cup football Tournament and 'Keswick at Portstewart'; September for the N.I. International Air Show. These are just a few of the highlights. Remember each season gives a different experience.
About the owner: I am a retired Civil Servant, and for most of my working life I was in the computer software and security business. I was born in Portstewart and lived there until I got married to Hilda in 1971, when I moved to Belfast. Hilda trained and nursed in the RVH Belfast before and after we had 3 children. Hilda has now been a counsellor for the last 20 years. We have four grandchildren.
Why the Owner Chose Portstewart, Portstewart, Coleraine, UK:
1 Seafield Park was Hilda's family home from 1966 after moving from Belfast. Two years later Hilda moved back to Belfast to train as a nurse in the RVH. We have owned the house from about 2001. It has been fully renovated and fitted out with high quality furnishings, kitchen appliances and units. We try to ensure that the property in kept in 5 star condition, not only for our own use but to share with you, our guests.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We have 3 grown up children and 4 grandchildren. They have all spent many happy holidays in this house which is now fully equipped and modernised for present day living. The property is in a peaceful location yet very convenient to the beach, our promenade and all the magnificent scenery of the North Coast and Donegal. We have private parking and an enclosed back garden
- Primary: +44 7854049828
- Secondary: +44 7828887095
- Tertiary: +44 (0)28 90655437
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living and Dining Room
Rear Double Bedroom
Bunk Beds/Travel Cot
From Coastal Walk
Portstewart Strand -on CNN's World's 100 best beaches list
Children's Play Area
Front Double Bedroom
Your holiday home
Coastal walk to Strand
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.