You have Found Your Place to Rejuvenate at the Sea
Kalani Kai (Hawaiian for Heavenly Sea) is a very well maintained, beautifully decorated, three-bedroom (one King/two Queens), two and one-half bath home located in Roads End, at the north end of Lincoln City, Oregon. Kalani Kai is located just one mile North from the Chinook Winds Casino on Logan Road which is the frontage road running parallel to the beach. Kalani Kai is directly across the street from the ocean. It has truly spectacular ocean views from nearly every room.
Built in 1980, it is a passive solar house with primarily west and south facing windows. The top floor has cathedral ceilings with floor to ceiling windows (for ocean and headland gazing), living room with gas fireplace and game table, very comfortable sofa/couch, dining room, half bath and a kitchen equipped with gas stove/oven. There is an outdoor upstairs deck off the kitchen (protected from the prevailing winds) with a gas grill, picnic table and chairs..
The second floor has three beautifully appointed bedrooms (master bedroom has high definition flat screen TV), two full baths, a washer/dryer, a sitting area with a desk and a covered outdoor deck with a hot tub which is professionally cleaned and maintained after every guest. This deck is also protected from the prevailing winds.
The ground level has a large family room with a full size sleeper sofa which is very comfortable, a full size fulton and wicker sofa perfect for snuggling and movie watching, a high definition large screen TV with Direct TV's many channels, DVD player, VCR player and video library in the TV Cabinet. The house is well supplied with videos, games and books suitable for children and adults. There is high speed internet and Wifi throughout the house.
Kalani Kai comfortably sleeps ten people, but it’s also perfect for two or three couples traveling together, or as a romantic and extra-spacious getaway for two. We provide linens and towels (all 100% cotton) and ask that you bring your own beach towels and beach blankets. The sandy beach is a short walk one-half block north with an easy access. There is a three car maximum parking space in the driveway. The leeward side of the house is beautifully landscaped with a walking path and there is a medicine wheel and Thai Spirit House in the back yard where early morning visits are sometimes rewarded with the presence of deer grazing in the back yard!.
Besides great beach walks and playing at the surf’s edge, there are nearby hiking trails in the forest and headlands and an easy hike to a waterfall and suspension bridge. Details included in the on-site activity notebook. Our online calendar is 100% up to date and we allow instant online bookings.
We are situated in a quiet residential community, yet there are many attractions within a short drive: skidoo, paddle boat, kayak and sailboat rentals at Devil’s Lake; surf fishing from the shore and at a variety of scenic overlooks (Boiler Bay Wayside) to the South along Highway 101; shopping at the Factory Outlet Stores; Chinook Winds Casino with big name entertainment shows; Art Galleries and Antique Shops; great dining opportunities (listed in our guest book); arcades and miniature golf; Chinook Winds Golf Course, Hawk Creek Golf Course, Neskowin Golf Course or Salishan Golf Links; horseback riding on the beach; Clam digging nearby and mussel harvesting on the north end of this beach at low tide, great coastal bicycling; wind surfing, wave surfing and paraglide surfing (fun as a spectator sport right from our living room sofa); tennis and basketball courts nearby; swimming at the community center pool; bridge or pinochle at the community center.
En route to Kalani Kai from Portland along Highway 18, stop and have a romantic gourmet dinner at Tina’s in Dundee, see the authentic Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Aviation Museum, visit Spirit Mountain Casino in Grande Rhonde or tour the wineries. Come and enjoy the romantic sunsets and breathe the invigoratingly fresh air at your ocean getaway in Lincoln City, on the beautiful Oregon coast. We look forward to your visit as we are certain you will love this beautiful ocean sanctuary as much as we do. Aloha from your hosts, Mike and Linda
PETS: Pets are permitted in rental home only with prior approval. $20 per pet/night fee applies.
1. All pets must be on leashes at all times when outside.
2. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any and all pet refuse.
3. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture will incur extra cleaning fees.
4. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventative is highly recommended.
5. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival and must be flee free.
6. “Vicious or Dangerous Dogs” trained for dog fighting or with any tendency or disposition to attack any dog, other domestic animals or humans without provocation, are not permitted at any time.
7. A dog house with chain is provided in the back yard. Also outdoor dogs may be kept on the upstairs outside deck by placing the provided 'baby' gate at the top of the exterior stairs adjacent to the upstairs back door. If your dog barks when left outside, bring them in so as not to disturb neighbors.
8. Any and all costs incurred to repair any type of damage or adverse conditions caused by pets will be billed to the renter's credit card and the renter will be notified by email of the charges.
Keywords: beach house