Talo, 2 makuuhuonetta + laveri (s), 2 Ba, (nukkuu 4-6), Huge katettu terassi!
Juhlia/tapahtumia ei sallita
Asiakkaiden enin sallittu määrä:6
Treat our home as you would your own. We're happy to work with you on arrival and departures whenever possible. Just remember--Baja means adventure!
Usse the outside foot shower before entering the house when coming from the beach.
100 %:n hyvitys, jos varaus peruutetaan vähintään 60 päivää ennen saapumispäivää. 50 %:n hyvitys, jos varaus peruutetaan vähintään 30 päivää ennen saapumispäivää.
Beautiful spot to watch whales
Great spot, very well equipped house. There were more whales cruising down the coast than we could count. The beach is beautiful, but not great for swimming of there is a swell, but Cerritos Beach is a very short drive. Best to have a 4 wheel drive because of the dirt roads.
Thanks so much for the nice words. We try to tell folks about the dangers of swimming in front unless it's calm but you bring up the need to remind guests. We can do a better job with updates on the road conditions as well, although it's difficult as they change so quickly. But thanks again for staying and we hope to see you again soon.
Pristine house on the beach
Comfortable, clean thoughtfully-appointed house on a gorgeous beach in Pescadero. We wish we’d rented a car with a little more clearance for the dirt roads. Google maps comes in handy navigating the quiet, rural neighborhood. Close to great restaurants.
Thanks for the positive review! It's a good reminder for me to advise guests about appropriate vehicles in the event of significant rain, which we've had in abundance this fall. Please keep us in mind in the future, you guys were awesome guests.
Great ocean front home that's undergoing some construction
The location was awesome being right on the beach. Everything went very smooth with checking in and our stay. The only downfall was that there was some construction projects happening that were nicely cleaned up but the fan in the master bedroom was inoperable. Luckily there was an extra fan in a closet or it would have been way too hot! We would go back!
Thanks for the nice words Jody. I'm so sorry that the ceiling fan in the master was inop. I'm not sure where the disconnect was as I would want that to be repaired immediately. Hopefully you were not surprised with the (then) dormant improvement projects. We are super excited about them and are hoping that they are completed by Thanksgiving. Please keep us in mind for the future. (Edited 12/3/19-- New paint and re-sealed floors. Ceiling fans replaced throughout the house :-) )
Basic House with great location and views!
We have now stayed at this property twice, this last trip was eight days. There are some really great things about the house, and other things that could be improved. Here's the breakdown:
* The view is amazing, and there is a lot of outdoor space to enjoy the sunsets and whales passing by. You will hear the ocean all night, which we loved.
* The beach in front is very quiet because it is not a swimming beach, but that means miles of walking to yourself.
* The kitchen is a good size and equipped with all sorts of pots and pans, dishes, etc.
* Large bottled water is provided.
* The hosts, Debbie and Randy, are easy to communicate with and will help you with anything you need. They live close by, and if you need something, they are there immediately to help.
* The beds are comfortable (though we had to use the bedding from both beds on the bed upstairs)
* There are many beach towels for your use.
* The area is very quiet for the most part.
* There are some nice restaurants very close, like Hierbabuena and Baja Beans
The surfing beach is just a 5-minute drive away, so you can go for just an hour if you want to surf or boogie board, but you will have to rent these things. There are some boogie boards left at the house, but they are totally trashed.
* There are no curtain in the bathroom, so if you shower at night, anyone can see in.
* The lighting is very poor in the upstairs bathroom and the living room downstairs
* The water pressure in the upstairs bathroom is pretty much nonexistent. We showered downstairs. The downstairs shower is fine though the water does go hot and cold
* There was no basics in the kitchen like oil or pepper, though there is now since we left some.
* The lounge chairs upstairs are plastic and there are not enough cushions.
* The neighbors next door burned their trash two of the nights we were there, and we had to close the windows to sleep.
* When we were there, the road was flooded, which was fine because we had a jeep. There is another way out, so I don't think it would be a problem, though if you are coming in at night and have never been there, the road is quite bumpy and difficult to navigate. Once you get used to it, it is no big deal.
* There are the usual Baja critters in the house like ants, roaches, salamanders, and wolf spiders. These did not bother us, but I could see some people not liking this.
* Basically, this is a very basic house, shabby even, but in the best location ever
Thanks for the considered response Suzanne, coming from my perspective as the owner (and having lived in it for the last 4 months) I think you nailed it. The house has been neglected for some time. These are the things we have worked hard on so far to address the issues:
Replumbed the upstairs bathroom to provide standard pressured, gas-heated water. Installed another light in the upstairs bath. Installed another light in the downstairs bath. Installed an outdoor shower. We have a long way to go so we have tried to more accurately state the condition of the house and lowered the rates to reflect what we think is a very fair value. We appreciate your patronage and hope you come again to appreciate the upgrades. Sincerely,
Reunion in Baja
We had a little difficulty finding the house at first, because some of the landmarks had changed. Once settled in we enjoyed our little family reunion at this quiet spot. Our grand daughter had fun playing in the sand, the adults enjoyed the time spent on the porch facing the ocean, watching birds in the morning and looking at stars at night. The sound of the waves put us to sleep at night. The farmer’s market at Baja Beans was a big plus since we all like to cook. The kitchen was well equipped.
Thanks for the kind review Ted, after having spent a few months down here (recent empty nesters) it has sunk in that the house needs quite a bit of work to get it up to speed. We have made quite a few upgrades but have a long way to go. We have lowered the price and tried to describe the house more accurately. We hope you consider coming back to enjoy the renovations.
If this tells you anything, we booked another week's stay the last day of our trip. This property has unobstructed ocean views with two nice patios, one shaded below and one above in the sun. We saw whales every day right from the porch and the cactus garden out front attracts all kinds of song birds. The kitchen is well-equipped with blender, coffee maker, pots, pans, wine glasses, etc. so we cooked there most of the time. We never saw the neighbors to the right. The neighbors to the left had a three-day party (until 3 AM the last night), but it was Easer week, which is a big party time there. The beach is perfect for long walks but is not swimmable. We tried, and the current was too strong. About 5-minutes' drive away is Cerritos Beach, which gets crowded but is great for swimming, boogie boarding, and surfing. The town of El Pescador is about 5-10 minutes drive and Todos Santos was about 15-20 minutes away. The roads are bumpy dirt roads but were fine in a basic rental car. You don't need 4WD. The house is super basic, not luxury at all (though the bed was really comfortable and the WIFI was good), but the location and views are amazing. The caretakers, Debbie and Randy, were great and even invited us to their house across the street for happy hour! It was just my husband and me, but this house would work well for two couples or a family of four. I wouldn't think it would be comfortable for any more people than that. I would recommend this house for anyone who doesn't need a super upscale, luxury place, who doesn't mind being a little out of the way, and is looking for spectacular ocean views.
Thanks Suzanne, we've tried to set realistic expectations for our guests and price our house accordingly. It's great for a guest to confirm that the prime attraction is the location.