Still smiling - possibly our best shore vacation, EVER
"We had THE. BEST. VACATION. EVER at Cedar Point and I can’t thank Brian and family enough for the chance to experience the amazing people, seafood, and life of Church creek. We vacation on the shore regularly, but this one was special. So relaxing, so friendly, and a house so perfectly set up to do what you need to do on vacation, and that is RELAX. There were so many incredible experiences in one week that I can’t name them all, but I will try to - and include some suggestions for anyone else staying there, as follows:
- Crabbing - yes, yes, yes! So easy and so much fun - crab from the dock and enjoy the fruits of your labor that same day
- On the water - the kids swam in Church Creek EVERY DAY. No jellies, amazingly enough. They also kayaked (we brought some little sit-on-tops) and I have a SUP that I paddled around - if you haven’t tried SUP, it’s very relaxing. Unless kids are with you, then it’s less so
- In the water. The kids spent all day in swimsuits. They were either on the creek, in the creek, or in the pool - so lovely
- Emily’s - we shopped there almost every day. GREAT suggestion to try it - super fresh farm food - and the bacon. Mmmm, the bacon. Oh, and the honey. And the corn. Mmmm, mmm.
- Soft and Salty - Jo Ann down at Ragged Point!!! - the BEST crab cakes in the area - AND SHE HAS SMITH ISLAND CAKE!!
- Jet-skis! We rented from Blackwater at the Hyatt - $65 for 30 mins, but worth it to tick it off the bucket list. vroom, vroom
- Fishing - the highlight of the week was going out on the Bay for an afternoon/evening of tubing and fishing. We all had an incredible time - caught 4 rockfish which we ate the next evening with Jo Ann’s crab cakes and Emily’s corn. It was a feast fit for a king. Combined with RAR beer (from Cambridge - great microbrewery). Also awesome.
- Fine dining - we ate at Bistro Poplar on Sunday when they do tapas - amazing tapas, perfect for a nice dinner out - would highly recommend it
We love the house, the location, and the people of that area. We had a flat tire while driving around and everyone stopped to see if we were ok. Then we went to the garage in Cambridge where they wouldn’t take any money for detecting a small hole but realizing that the tire was mush. We were there 45 mins - no fee. And they told us about Smith Island cake. Talk about good people."
View this listing