Paris Notre Dame, Isle Cité, Historical City Centre, Downtown
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Design apartment in the very Heart of Paris. One block from church Notre Dame and Island Saint Louis. Sleeps up to 4. On first floor in an ancient town house from the 18th century. High windows, apparent joists and stones, bright living room with fire place. View on inner courtyard. Very central, charming and quiet with no street noise at all. However, ringinig bells of NOTRE DAME real extra!!
2 spacious bed rooms, 1 bathroom (shower / WC). Furnished and fully equipped (coffee machine, water kettle, micro wave, fridge, freezer, stove, oven, washing machine, dish washer). Design kitchen with eating corner with plenty of craft work (hand painted wall tiles, porcelain water bassin, bouillon point sheet window, brilliant granit kitchen counters, etc.).
In the most demanded district in historical centre of Paris, on isle Cité, where Paris was founded. Very animated area with artists, museums, shops and sightseeing highlights. All Paris attractions in walking distance along river banks of Seine: Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville, Le Louvre and Garden of Tuileries, Palais-Royal, Ile St. Louis, Marais and Place des Vosges, Centre Pompidou, Musée Orsay, Pantheon, Opera, etc.. No car required! Restaurants, bars and coffee shops wherever you go! Very charming restaurants with traditional French cuisine just at the house entrance. Home catering possible. High standing Welness Thai spa in 5 minutes distant walk. Bicylce rend station and money exchange just in front of the house.
All shopping facilities in close distance (two food stores: 10 meters, shopping mall: 300 meters, designers: 1 km). Top adresses for French fashion design - `La Madeleine`, `Rivoli` and `Saint Honoré` - in walking distance. Bus, RER, batobus, metro station and bike rental just around the corner (max. 2 minutes walk).
- On floor 1
- 64 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Other (See Description)
- 1.0 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Child's Highchair
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Free Long Distance
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
Paris life style and most famous Paris attractions in walking distance! Shopping in Marais or Saint Germain. Museums all around: Le Louvre, Orly, Rodin, Picasso, Middle Ages, Centre Pompidou etc. Countless bars, restaurants, cafés wherever you go. Paris boat trips leave in front of Notre Dame or Pont Neuf (10 min. walk). Churches, concerts, gastronomy: everything in walking distance. Three restaurants just at the house entrance. Wellness Spa with massages and body care some streets away. Walking and bicycling in Paris, jogging, roller blading and In-line skating on Seine river banks, bike rental in front of the house....morecollapse
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful Apartment in an Excellent Location!
Wonderful Apartment in an Excellent Location!
Travelling with another couple, we needed a two bedroom apartment. The property manager, Sabine, was very warm and friendly. She familiarized us with the apartment and even made arrangements for a taxi pickup at checkout. The owner, Heike, was accessible and quickly answered all questions and alleviated our anxiety over renting an apartment abroad. The apartment was quite comfortable and well equipped. The property was recently renovated including a fresh coat of paint. Everything was clean and ready for our arrival. The location couldn't be better; centrally located and close to the metro/RER. The neighborhood is quiet and safe. As other guests have reported, the bells of Notre Dame make a nice wake-up call. Our nine night stay was over too quickly. Without hesitation we would return and stay at Heike's apartment again. Todd
- Guest Todd
- Date of stay 02/25/13
- Review Submitted 03/12/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, tourists without a car, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing.
Owner response: Dear Todd, Even an ancient place in a very historical area should stay fresh and stylish :-). I am happy to hear that you appreciate the recent renovation work we made. I also have to say: One sleeps even better on new mattresses. Be welcome for your next stay, we will be glad to welcome you warmly and with all our attention. Thanks so much for your appraisal.
We had 7 nights in this gorgeous apartment. It is homely and welcoming. We were impressed upon arrival and sad to leave. Thanks Sabine for greeting us and being so helpful. We had our young girls with us and they also fell in love with the apartment and with Paris. Everything ran smoothly, there's even a shopping cart/trolley in the apartment to take to the local supermarket and feel like a local! We will be be back for sure. We can highly recommend this apartment. We can assure you that it is clean, safe and charming, even better than the pictures depict. The central location was very convenient and the apartment is set back off the street which makes it incredibly quiet at night. The Notre Dame bells throughout the day and early evening are gorgeous. The September weather was warm yet the apartment remained comfortable. There were many Metro stations within walking distance. It is an ideal place to stay.
- Guest Moi
- Date of stay 09/03/12
- Review Submitted 11/03/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
My Mom and I just returned from a weeks stay at this apartment. We cannot say enough great things about the apartment. Perfect location on tiny medieval street, a block from Notre Dame, the Seine, City Hall in the other direction, metro and RER very close as well. The apartment was clean and updated but still had the Parisian feeling I was hoping for. Having two bedrooms was wonderful, as well as a lovely, well appointed kitchen.. You can hear the bells of Notre Dame during the day and there is a pianist living in the building that you can hear practicing which was very relaxing as we rested before going out for dinner. Heike and Sabinne the apt manager were helpful and prompt with their answers to our many questions. I have some trouble walking, and while there is a set of stairs to maneuver, I found it very doable. This property exceeded our expectations and we hope to return in the future for our next adventure. Au revoir!
- Guest Dori
- Date of stay 06/01/12
- Review Submitted 06/12/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, people with disabilities, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Great Week end of April 2012
Great Week end of April 2012
We arrived on Tuesday and left on Tuesday. Despite rain most days was an outstanding vacation for two seventy somethings. Everything was as advertised and even better than I expected. Charming, knowledgeable meeter/greeter and both owner and greeter were easy to deal with. We'll be back.
- Guest tom
- Date of stay 05/24/11
- Review Submitted 05/11/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Perfect host, Perfect location
Perfect host, Perfect location
Like all the other reviews here...I confirm that this is a great apartment and ideally suited to our circumstances - a family with two young children (under 4 years) who were traveling in Paris for the first time. You just cannot go wrong with this apartment. Thanks so much Heike for a trouble free stay...apologies for delay with this review.
- Guest Meg and Gary
- Date of stay 03/23/11
- Review Submitted 01/07/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, families with young children, sightseeing.
Owner response: Dear Meg, thank you so much for your warm recognition. I am happy to hear that also our youngest guests (and their parents', of course, therefore) are happy. Best wishes from France for the New Year, and great family holidays, wherever you may stay in the future. We would be pleased to welcome you for another moment in time in Paris! With my best regards, Heike.
Absolutely perfect. My wife, daughter, and I could not have asked for anything more. The apartment is spacious, perfectly appointed, and is ideally located in the heart of Paris. There's a charming grocery just steps away, and two fantastic restaurants right below. Walking down the private courtyard to our apartment...the smell of food cooking was intoxicating. Notre Dame is only a block away, and we loved hearing the bells ring out. Incredibly evocative. The information about the apartment was accurate, the property was lovingly maintained, and the location...unbelievable. The owner, Heike, was a wonderful. She was so helpful, not only in Paris. We also stayed at her property in Uzes, and she was a knowledgeable and helpful host. We highly recommend this property and hope to return someday!
- Guest Steve and Family
- Date of stay 06/06/11
- Review Submitted 07/12/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Paradise in Paris
Paradise in Paris
I am from the Sunshine Coast Australia. Wonderful apartment in a fabulous location. Photos don't really show how gorgeous this apartment is. Thankyou so much to Sabine...you were so helpful. I have been coming to Paris every year for 8 years and your apartment is by far the best, and most convenient that I have ever stayed in. I will be recommending your apartment to my friends, and hope that it is not fully booked when I return next year. Kind regards Kerry
- Guest Kerry O.
- Date of stay 04/12/11
- Review Submitted 04/30/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing.
What a great apartment! We had a wonderful stay here. The apartment itself is comfortable, very pretty, very clean, and fully outfitted; the location is splendid -- in the heart of Paris and yet quiet even on an extraordinarily busy week for tourists. Heike was incredibly gracious and generous when a year ago our travel was disrupted by the volcanic ash cloud and allowed us to move our reservation by a year.
- Guest David V.
- Date of stay 04/16/11
- Review Submitted 04/23/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Family of 4
Family of 4
Couldn't ask for more! We had a perfect stay in this apartment. It was myself, my husband and twin 7 year old boys. The location and size of the apartment cannot be beat! We still can't get over that the apatment is on the island, less than 3 blocks from Notre Dame! The apartment has two large bedrooms, a dining room, kitchen, etc. Comforable and roomy describes this apartment. You can't go wrong with this one...The large bedroom had brand new closets with tons of storage for clothes. The bed - very comfortable. Great kitchen and bathroom. Sabine, the apartment manager, and Heike, the owner, were very easy to work with, reliable and trust-worthy. Her instructions to access the apartment on the RER and metro from the airport worked like a charm. They were accessible to us for our needs. Again, we couldn't ask for more! Thank you Heike and Sabine.
- Guest Tamara
- Date of stay 03/16/11
- Review Submitted 03/31/11
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, tourists without a car, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Look for our review
Look for our review
These reviews are very helpful in deciding what apartment to choose to rent. We are staying in the apartment next week, March 16, 2011 and will write a full review of our stay! Stay tuned. ~ Tamara
- Guest Tamara
- Date of stay 03/12/11
- Review Submitted 03/12/11
Owner response: Dear Tamara, I hope you had a pleasant stay in our apartment in Paris. You are very welcome to share your experiences with us. Kindly, Heike.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
|Last Minute March
Mar 6 - Mar 24
4 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more €170 nightly
Additional information about rental rates
The apartment is easy to reach by TUBE (RER B , direct line to both aerports!) exit ST. Michel / Notre Dame and teh n a 2 minutes walk to the apartment.
We would be pleased to make a combined offer for our beautiful 2 - 4 people apartment in provencal town Uzes, 2 1/2 hours direct from Paris by train. We offer pick up service and assistance for the train ticket booking.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: €650
- Taxes Included
1. How to Reserve your Property After having verified the availability of the property, the landlady will reserve the property for your requested dates during the required period, minimum stay 4 nights (last minute offers). Your reservation will become firm upon receipt of the signed agreement, together with a down payment for the rental, which is equal to 50% of the total rental price. This payment may be made by wire transfer (banking fees on customer’s account) or credit card (please phone under +33 640 957 997, 2 % commissions paid by rentor). The landlady will confirm receipt of the down payment by e-mail. If the booking is not confirmed within three days, the landlady might rent the apartment to another renter. The landlady will assure availability of the apartment during the period of the reserved and confirmed booking, except `force majeur`. If the property cannot be provided for superior reason, such as unforeseen technical problems within the property, for which the owner is not responsible, or within the neighbourhood that spoils the use of the property, or other superior reason, the landlady shall indicate this difficulty at the earliest convenience. Any costs occurring or arising to the rentor due to such forced cancellation shall not be at the landlady`s account. However, the landlady will return the full down payment to the rentor in such case. 2. Rental Price and Security Deposit The weekly price is for eight days and seven nights. The property may also be rented for shorter periods of four nights minimum based on a daily rate (last minute offers). The second down payment of 30 % shall be due four weeks prior before arrival, leaving a remainder of 40 % due latest on day of arrival in cash. You may also wire the balance latest 2 weeks prior to arrival. The Rental Price includes: ➢ Linen (towels, sheets) ➢ Electricity, water, heating, internet fee, landline telephone calls to EU, US The Rental Price does not include: ➢ Clean out fee (80 Euros) ➢ Insurance for you or your belongings (The owner strongly recommends you purchase travel insurance to cover your trip) ➢ Additional services on request Cancellation The down payment is not refundable. The renter strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance at the time of booking in case you need to cancel. 3. Security Deposit; Damages to Property A fully refundable security deposit of €650 is payable upon arrival. This amount may be paid by credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD) or in cash or euro-denominated travellers’ cheques (TC). The cash or TC security deposit shall be fully refunded upon your departure, or, in case of damages, deteriorations or missing items, less amounts corresponding by mail at the latest within one month of your departure. Your potential liability is not limited to the amount of the security deposit. The landlady encourages Rentor to avoid taking any unnecessary risks that may result in damages to the property or building, for which Rentor will be responsible. The Rentor shall be responsible for all deterioration to the property or its contents occurring during the stay. Additional charges may also be applied if the state of the property upon departure requires exceptional cleaning. The landlady or her representative, Sabine Gebrael, checks the property regularly to ensure that it is in a good state, but cannot guarantee that all items in the property will at all times be in perfect working order. Rentor should not replace any broken items and should notify the landlady or her representative as soon as possible in the event any defects are identified in the property, or if any damages occur during the stay. Arrival and Departure; Extending your Stay In the event that you wish to arrive at an hour different from that agreed above, or that your arrival in Paris is delayed, please call Sabine Gebrael to set an alternate meeting time. Sabine Gebrael will greet you in person at the property to deliver the keys, provide a tour of the property and answer any questions. Full payment of the balance of the Rental Price and Security Deposit will be required latest at this time in cash. In case the balance has been paid by wire transfer or credit card, please show a copy of the payment receipt e-mail from the landlady to Sabine, proving the preliminary payment of the balance. You will also be required to review and sign an inventory. Departure will be at the expected departure time indicated above. In the event that you wish to change your departure time, please call Sabine Gebrael to set an alternate meeting time. Departure must in any case be by 10 am at the latest, unless agreed otherwise. The Rentor is expected to leave the property in a generally clean and orderly state; standard cleaning of the property and linen after departure are covered by the clean out fee, but cleaning of dishes or of any exceptional nature are not. For our guests` comfort and general security: Our apartment is a non-smoking place, which we kindly ask to respect! Cigarette (or any other smoke products) smell shall be charged with 200 Euro extra cleaning fee. You may extend your stay subject to availability at your average price per night after written mutual agreement (email or notice on contract). 4. Prohibited Behaviour Smoking, lighting the fire place and pets are strictly prohibited in the property. No more than maximum four occupants may stay overnight in the property. The landlady has to be informed latest on day of arrival about any changes in real occupancy (different from contract). Additional guests will be paid 10 Euro / night extra charge. The property is located in a quiet building in a residential neighbourhood. The Rentor and other occupants and guests shall not act in any way that would disturb the neighbours, or that is illegal or would otherwise be inconsistent with the nature of the building or the neighbourhood. In particular, all noise that may disturb the neighbours is prohibited in Paris from 10 pm through 7 am; this regulation is strictly enforced. The property shall not be sublet or used to conduct any commercial activity.
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 1989
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
What is so special about this rental location: Perhaps hearing the bells of Notre Dame? Or just bumping out of the house door and being within the very ancient heart of historical city centre of Paris: the isle Cité, where Lutetia - the city of lights - was originally founded? These are only some of all reasons, why you will feel so great in this place! Having just a 2 minutes walk to twin island St. Louis, right over the bridge in front of Notre Dame. Passing by the church`s prominent facade and beautiful park, enjoying sunshine and the view on boats on river Seine passing by, having a sunny breakfast on a boat fixed to the river side: this is how to enjoy the most perfect and peasant of all Paris atmospheres - right in front of your house -! There is nothing more romantic!
- Primary: +33 640 957997 (France)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Painting House Entrance
Ile de la Cité in the Heart of Paris on river Seine
Bedroom 1 with Fireplace
Seating Corner with Fireplace
interior design dining/living room
Painting Pont Neuf (5 Minutes Walk)
Picture street view at christmas 2007
Bedroom 2 with Office Place
Romance at Home
Shower / WC
interior design living / dining room
House entrance at night
Notre Dame at Christmans 2007
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 22, 2013