Northwoods Wisconsin Vacation Rental on Lake Namakagon (Cable, Wi)
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Cable house description
The lake and river are right out the door of this beautiful 4, bedroom lake home on Lake Namakagon (and the Namakagon River) in the Chequamagon National Forest outside Cable, WI. The home is all one level with easy access to lake and surrounding area. The CAMBA mountain bike trails, including the epic Rock Lake Trail, are just minutes away. 3 mountain bikes, 5 kayaks, and a fish cat are included with your rental. Accessible pontoon boat also available. There are hundreds of lakes and rivers in the area. Lake Namakagon is known for world class fishing and is one of three trophy muskie lakes in WI. Lake Superior is just one hour away for sea kayaking, fishing, and sightseeing adventures.
Namakagon Landing is also at the headwaters of the Namakagon River. This 4 bedroom, accessible vacation property has an attached, heated garage, open floor plan, sleeps 11 comfortably, has 2-bathrooms, one with accessible shower for easy transfer. Enjoy skiing and snowmobiling in winter/ swimming, fishing, boating, paddling, biking, 4-wheeling, and hunting in spring, summer and fall (3 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 1 fishcat and a fleet of 5 sit on top kayaks are on site at no charge, accessible pontoon boat is available for rent for fishing and/or boating on the lake and Namakagon River backwater area). For mountain bike enthusiasts, we are minutes from the Chequamagon Area Mountain Bike Trails (CAMBA), including the epic Rock Lake Trail. More interested in relaxing? The Landing is a great place to get away from it all, read a good book, sit by the fireplace, watch a movie, or just sit on the dock and watch the world go by while listening to the call of the loons. No matter what the season, you are sure to create a lifetime of memories. Located just under 3 hours from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul and 1 hour from Duluth and Bayfield, WI. We understand the challenges of accessible travel and are committed to making the Landing the most accessible place on the planet. (It may already be, but we will continue to improve it and are open to your suggestions.) Check us out, like us on facebook, share with friends, and start making memories today. Overson Landings Vacation Rentals was created by and for people (or have a family member) with mobility issues, but all are welcome, including pets. Feel free to call or reply to this posting for a frank discussion about your needs. If you would like to talk/book with us directly please call Susan or Mark Overson at 952-270-3027. Checks/Visa/MasterCard Accepted.
Check us out on Facebook and for more info and updates (Overson Landing Vacation Rentals)
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
- Queen size Bed (1) In master bedroom with accessible bath, Double Beds in each of two bedrooms. The sleeping porch has double futon. The 3rd bedroom has a bunk bed with a single bed on top, full mattress on bottom, and trundle below (sleeps 2). The bunk bed and trundle sleeps 5 total. No sleeper sofa but guests have slept on the two leather couches, if necessary. Very comfortable. The home has an open floor plan....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Living Room seats 7:
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Nearby resorts with amenities, restaurants, and yearround activities. We provide canoe, kayaks, fish cat, and 3 mountain bikes. The pontoon boat is available for an additional fee. Fishing guides and hunting outfitters are also available. A water ski deck boat (Crestliner) will be available in 2014. A heated, accessible ice fishing house will be available for winter 2013-2014 ice fishing season....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Mobile Phone:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
Cross country ski trails nearby, snowshoeing on the lake right out the door. Closest XC trail is the Rock Lake Trail (2mi). Birkie Trails are 4 mi away at Telemark Resort. Drummond trail system :)...moreless
- Water View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Cable,Wisconsin is known for yearround activities. In winter, enjoy world class XC skiing and snowmobiling. The lakehome is right on the snowmobile trails, which are out your door on Lake Namakagon. Cross-county ski trails, including the world famous Birkie trails, are just minutes away. In spring and summer, the area is known for world class fishing, boating, paddling, mountain biking and hunting. Lake Namakagon is a world class muskie lake. Walleye, bass, and croppies are plentiful. Check the WI DNR for hunting season openers and regulations. People with disabilities can get a special permit. The property is also adjacent to headwaters of the Namakagon/St. Croix National Wild and Scenic River, the Chequamagon Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA) trails, including the epic Rock Lake Trail. We provide bikes, kayaks, canoes, and a fishcat. An accessible pontoon boat is available for rent. There are many nearby resorts and outfitters. Lake Superior is about an hour away and offers outstanding scenery, gateway to the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (and famous sea caves), fishing and sailing excursions, and sea kayaking. We highly recommend a day trip/ferry ride to Madeline Island. For people with mobility issues, please feel free to call and discuss your needs. We will do EVERYTHING possible to accommodate them. We have assembled a binder full of easy to find accessible activities, restaurants, and destinations in the area to help you enjoy your stay both at and near our lake home....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fun in the Fall
Fun in the Fall
We loved the beauty of the scenery. Completely enjoyed the ability to utilize all the amenities the acessible house had to offer. Enjoyed traveling through the state park and seeing all of the little shop the town had to offer. Definitely would recommend to our friends and family.
- Guest Christina and Pete P.
- Date of stay 10/11/13
- Review Submitted 11/08/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, pet owners, families with young children, people with disabilities, tourists without a car.
Our group of 3 couples stayed at Namakagon Landing over Labor Day weekend and we had a great time. It's far enough from town to be relaxing, but close enough to be able to make a grocery store run if you need to. We were only there for a short time, so I can't comment on the outdoor activities in the area (which I'm sure are fantastic, because it's a beautiful location) -- we were more than happy to just enjoy reading a book in the yard, going fishing on the lake, and enjoying dinners at "home." The owners, Susan and Mark, are fantastic to work with and very quick to respond to any question or concern you may have. And they have definitely succeeded in their goal of creating the most accessible place on the planet! Finding a great vacation spot where we can bring our big dog is hard enough, but our dog has 3 legs, and most cabins have steep access to the lake, plus stairs inside the home. To be able to bring him to a 100% accessible property where we didn't have to help him up a single stair or lift him out of the boat was a dream come true! Be sure to check out the "Links to More Information" for more photos. The home is very clean and well maintained; what you see is what you get! And the kitchen really is as huge as it looks :)
- Guest JWR (Minneapolis, MN)
- Date of stay 08/31/12
- Review Submitted 10/29/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, age 55+, pet owners, people with disabilities, girls getaway.
Manager response: Thank you so much for your great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our lakehome so accessible. Namakagon Landing is designed by and for people with mobility issues so visitors (and in your case, dogs) of all abilities can enjoy our home, the lake, and surrounding area. We hope you'll stay with us again and let us know if there is anything more we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 19 - Feb 22, 2014
4 night min stay
May 31 - Sep 6, 2014
7 night min stay
Sep 7 - May 30, 2015
3 night min stay
|Fat Tire Festival (September)
Sep 12 - Sep 14, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates for longer stays (two or more weeks) are negotiable between October 15 and May 15 except for holidays and events.
3 Mountain bikes, fleet of 5 kayaks, canoe and fish cat included with your rental.
All linen (except towels), kitchen utensils, and gas grill provided.
Cleaning fee applies for stays under five days
Well behaved pets welcome.
Pontoon boat available for rent daily or weekly.
One night's deposit. Six week cancellation policy.
- Taxes Included
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Mpls St Paul or Duluth (Shuttle Available to Area) at 150 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Bayfield to Madeline Island at 55 Miles
- Nearest Train: Saint Paul (Amtrack) at 150 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 63 at 10 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Many around lake at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Four Seasons at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Downhill:Spirit Mountain, X-C: Birkie/many others at 60 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Multiple courses - Forest Ridge is closest at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Rookery - Great food and atmosphere $$$ at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About: My husband (Mark) and I started Overson Landings Vacation Rentals in 2011 with Namakagon Landing. Mark uses a wheelchair and understands the needs of accessible travel. He is an adaptive skier and also flies untralight airplanes, rides a hand cycle and designed Namakagon Landing so it is super easy to get around in a wheelchair or if you need a one-level home for mobility issues. I am a silent sports enthusiast with kayaking and cross country skiing on the top of my list. Our kids are wakeboarders and snowboarders and like anything with speed but also enjoy paddling and boating. We all have enjoyed the area for many years and now have made our lakehome available as a vacation rental. We provide paddling equipment, easy access to lake and property, and 100% barrier free accommodations, including an accessible bathroom, attached heated garage, wheelchair access to dock, boats, wheelchair compatible bed heights (one adjustable), and much more. My husband and I met and lived in Colorado before returning to the midwest, where we raised our family and, more recently, started Overson Landings. We also have day jobs. I am a Landscape Architect with the National Park Service and Mark recently retired from Fairview Orthopedic Lab. We have twin boys who just left for college and we are looking forward to being empty nesters (we think - still too early to tell). We hope to expand Overson Landings someday to include beach and mountain properties that have wheelchair access to adaptive sports and nearby amenities. We'd love to hear your suggestions. Namakagon Landing is your accessible vacation rental but all are welcome.
This one level lakehome with attached, heated garage has very easy access to house, level access to Lake Namakagon and is just a paddle stroke away from the headwaters of the Namakagon River. We want everyone, including people with mobility issues, to enjoy the area as much as we have with as few barriers as possible. We have been vacationing in Cable since our kids were little (over 19 years) and enjoy the area immensely. We found the property while on vacation in the area and fell in love with it. Namakagon Landing is not your typical rental. It was started by and for people with mobility issues, but all are welcome to enjoy our northwoods paradise.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The property is 100 % barrier free, has easy access to the lake via a level boardwalk and lot, and is in the most beautiful area of northern Wisconsin. It is also a kayak, fishing, boating, cross country, and snowmobile lovers paradise near world class XC skiing and mountain biking, for those who are interested in those sports. The area is also know for its worldclass fishing and hunting. There area is an active sports community for all outdoor activities. The para-Olympics were hosted in Cable in the winter of 2012 and 2013. It's an awesome event as is the American Birkebiener and Chaquamagon Fat Tire festival. Cable is a very small and quaint town not far - 10 minutes from cabin/ 20 minutes from Hayward, WI, where you will find most services, medical facilities, more shopping and restaurants. The town of Cable, WI is very remote and relaxing with no traffic, chain restaurants or stores, and stoplights. Most of the restaurants and stores are accessible, as is getting around town. At the lake, all you hear are loons, frogs, and the ripple of the water (and, of course, jumping fish). It has created many wonderful memories in the three years we've owned it for us and our guests. We know you'll love the area as much as we do.
- Primary: +1 952-270-3027 Reservations/Info - Call 7AM and 10:30 PM CST
- Secondary: +1 952-270-3026 Reservations/Info - Call 7AM and 10:30 PM CST
The four season sleeping porch/bedroom. Ahhhhhh. My personal favorite.
Nice open floor plan
The entrance to the Namakagon River under the bridge. The best of both worlds!
The Namakagon River in early fall
A stretch of the Namakagon River below the dam (portage necessary)
Mark Overson paddling on Lake Namakagon. Easy transfer to kayak.
Cooper the Wonder Dog, and his owners, enjoyed Namakagon Landing.
Accessible pontoon boat and its remodeler, Mark Overson.
Raspberry Island, Lake Superior
Some of our happy guests
Dogs are welcome. This is Bella
X-C Skiing in the Chequamagon National Forest
Trundle and bunk bed provides sleeping for 5.
Paddling one of the sit-on-top kayak on the lake
The accessible pontoon boat.
Welcome to Namakagon Landing, the most accessible vacation rental on the planet
My sons Erik and Jon on the Rock Lake (epic) segment of the CAMBA bike trail
View from the lake/accessible boardwalk in early spring.
Picture yourself here :-)
Downtown Cable Wisconsin
Kids just want to have fun
Snowmobile trail right out the door.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 07, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Reservations/Info - Call 7AM and 10:30 PM CST
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.