Beachfront Apt with View Terrace 20 Minutes from Rome
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Other Rome Properties apartment description
This apartment is right across the street from the beach. It has an enormous wrap around terrace from which you can see the beach for miles in each direction. Pictures cannot convey the beauty of the sunsets viewed from this terrace. Dine al fresco, enjoy a glass of wine while listening to the waves and taking in the sea breezes or relax on a lounge chair and soak up the sun. There are outdoor tables and plenty of seating. This is the real Italian holiday experience. Many families from rome rent houses here for the summer months.
The living room dining combination also opens out to the sea. It has a new sofa-bed, antique desk, buffet and dining table. TV, fans, stereo CD player--I pod can be hooked up to speakers-- and plenty of outlets for charging devices. FREE WI FI
The apartment has all tile floors. The kitchen door opens onto the terrace, providing lots of light. It’s fully equipped with plates, pots and pans, cooking utensils, dishwasher, gas stove, oven, and new refrigerator.
The bedrooms are off of the hallway, separate from the living area for more privacy. The Antique Bedroom has a crystal chandelier, marble topped dresser and side tables, queen size bed. Wall armoire with ample drawers and hanging space. Doors open on to terrace with view of sea.
Second bedroom with flowered linen headboard on queen size bed, plenty of storage space with large armoire and book case. Doors open to terrace with view of sea.
Third bedroom, bunk beds, large armoire and window. Perfect for children or teens.
Bathroom with shower, bidet, window and a new Bosch washer.
All rooms are heated with new wall gas heaters for the winter, although the winters by the sea are usually mild.
Ladispoli is a beach town connected to Rome that offers an authentic European holiday. From the apartment the bus stop to Rome is right around the corner and the train station is a 10 minute walk. A 20 minute train ride brings you to the center of Rome. As a result, the abundant cultural experiences of Rome and beyond are very accessible. A day trip to Florence by train is also possible. If you rent a car from the airport, it is about a 30 minute drive to Ladispoli.
Our home is on the beach yet is around the corner from the center of town. The town has a lovely fruit and vegetable market daily, full of locally grown produce. There are fresh fish markets and small specialty butchers, bakeries, cheese and salami shops
The town is full of pizzerias, restaurants, cafes, and ice cream shops. The beach “stabilimenti” supply lounge chairs and umbrellas for a fee. There are coffee bars and restaurants right on the beach also. If you prefer, the public beach is right next to the stabilimenti, and you can bring a towel and enjoy the beach for free.
Ladispoli is a very lively place in the summer, where many Romans choose to enjoy their weekends. The beach “Papeete” across the street has a DJ or live music on weekends. At night the streets are full of all people: parents with strollers, kids playing soccer, adults enjoying a stroll or a drink at an outdoor cafe. Piazza Roberto Rossellini, named after the famous film director who was a former resident of the town, features free concerts in the summer months.
If you enjoy the more tranquil beach experience, the months of May, June or September and Oct are ideal.
- On floor 3
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Double Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1), Bunk Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Shower, bidet and washing machine
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Linens Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- All the comforts of a real home just steps to the sea!
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Ocean View
- Car Not Necessary
- Fitness Center
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Winery Tours
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- CASALE CENTO CORVI www.casalecentocorvi.it If you are a wine lover, this winery has a beautiful tasting room. They also have olive oil and other local products that you can purchase. Sometimes they have special dinner events. PAPETE stabilimento e RISTORANTE http://www.papeeteladispoli.it/ the beach right across the street from the apartment. It rents beach umbrellas, chaise lounge, chairs. There is a bar and restaurant also. There is a swimming pool. During the day they have “aqua gym” (water aerobics) and (“ballo di gruppo”) organized group dance. Live music or DJ at night All down the 'Lungomare' are beach places that have music at night, or special dinners. PIAZZA ROBERTO ROSSELLINI: In the summer many free concerts are held here. Last summer there was jazz, rock, folk, blues, traditional. also have expos, like Vintage,antique shows, outdoor movies, all for free. BAR PICCADILLY This is an outstanding pastry shop, where the locals wait until the tray of fresh “ciambelle” donuts come out of the oven to grab one! Good cappuccino. VIA DUCA DEGLI ABRUZZI gourmet shopping the Italian way: good bakery for fresh bread “ Vapo Forno” fish stores “Pescheria” and a fresh pasta shop “Casa del Tortellino” where you choose the width of the fresh egg noodle you want and they cut it to order! MERCATO:Fresh fruit and vegetable market. Open every day! Via Ancona off the main square .The local farmers are the smaller stands on the left facing the market. They sell the produce that was picked that very morning. Eggs laid that morning are sometimes available. CASTELLO DI PALO: 1132AD rebuilt in the 16th century. Once owned by the Odescalchi family, then rented by the Getty family for over 30 years. Now the site of a very exclusive hotel. You can walk form the apartment south along the beach and reach the beach below the castle. There is a wildlife oasis nearby. NALU CLUB 339 3353 539 south side of the beach.Via dei Delfini near the Marina di Palo Rent windsurfers or stand up board. Lessons. Beach parties and barbecues. Surfer hangout CERVETRI a medieval town where you can visit the Etruscan Necropolis 'set up like an afterlife townscape' and an interactive museum. Santa Severa Castle 9th century. This is the site of the ancient Etruscan port of Pyrgi. ROME of course! The train will take you to Rome in 25 minutes....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We spent six wonderful days in the beach side apartment and would go back again and again. The views from the wrap around balcony were spectacular and the accommodations for our group of five were perfect. We shopped the local market for fresh fish, fruit, vegetables, wine, cappacunio, everything and spent many a star filled evening dining on the terrace. A five minute walk to the train station put you in Rome within 45 minutes to take in all the sights and sounds of this wonderful city.
- Guest Mr. F (Arlington, TX)
- Date of stay 09/19/13
- Review Submitted 10/04/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, sightseeing, romantic getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: We are so happy to know you enjoyed your stay at our home. You were great guests and are welcome to go back again anytime. Mille grazie!
This home is perfect place for a vacation in Italy! We loved the layout of the apartment, with the doors opening onto the terrace to the magnificent panoramic views of the Mediterranean and the soothing sounds of the waves, the warmth of the sun and the fresh sea air. We loved the convenient location, close to everything… the daily farmers’ market, a shop for fresh pasta where we saw our pasta being made; shops for meats and cheeses; cafès for our daily cappuccino and freshly-made, still-warm pastries. We enjoyed sitting in the piazza with our gelato, then taking a stroll along the “lungomare”, a paved sidewalk along the beach. There were great restaurants nearby. It was a short, easy walk to the train station and a short, pleasant ride into Rome for either sightseeing or for taking great high-speed trains for side trips to other places like Florence and Venice. We felt very safe walking from the train station to the apartment at midnight. The bus stop for a ride to Cerveteri and the Etruscan Necropolis, an interesting side trip, was close by. The apartment was very comfortable and tastefully decorated. It had everything we needed and the kitchen well-equipped. We felt very much at home. And we felt like we were actually living in Italy, experiencing Italian life. We're looking forward to returning! Thank you!
- Guest Butterfly (Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, USA)
- Date of stay 06/13/13
- Review Submitted 06/13/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, sightseeing, romantic getaway, girls getaway, tourists without a car, families with young children.
Everything You Could Want & More
Everything You Could Want & More
We had a great time staying at this lovely beach apartment in Ladispoli! Overall, the apartment gives the feeling of a comfy, tasteful, and well-appointed family home. We loved sunning ourselves and watching sunsets on the balcony as well as the fresh breeze and sounds of the sea that lulled us to sleep at night. We did not need a car to enjoy our stay. If you want to see big city sights, it's a quick and easy train ride into Rome. We even took a day trip by train to Florence. But if you want to enjoy an authentic Italian beach town experience, there is plenty to do right there in Ladispoli. The beach is right across the street from apartment--lively on the weekend, but quiet during the week when we visited--and there are many wonderful restaurants and cafés close by. Join locals of all ages in the square for an evening gelato. If you want to eat in, it's convenient to do it Italian style with the well-appointed kitchen and a daily farmer's market with local produce as well as fresh pasta, butcher, grocery, bakery, etc. all within a very short walk from the apartment. Sigh... we can't wait to go back!
- Guest Mimi-Florida (Orlando FL USA)
- Date of stay 05/20/13
- Review Submitted 06/13/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, sightseeing, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, families with young children.
JANUARY 5-MARCH $700/wk or 530 euro APRIL-MAY $900/wk 680 euro JUNE $1,000/wk 770 euro JULY-AUG $1,200 910 euro SEPT $1,000/wk 770 euro OCT-DEC 14 $850/wk 645 euro DEC 15-JAN 4 $900/wk 680 euro
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Fiumicino at 14 Miles
- Nearest Train: Ladispoli Train Station at 1 Miles
About the owner: This property has been in my husband's family for three generations. Growing up in Rome, this property served as Aldo's vacation house. He moved to San Francisco thirty years ago, we met and married, and since then we have been coming to Ladispoli with our daughters yearly. This is how they learned Italian and we all had the opportunity to enjoy the relaxed lifestyle of the beach.
Why the Owner Chose Other Rome Properties:
Aldo's great grandfather is one of the founders of the town. The street around the corner, Via Filippo Moretti is named after him. The apartment was built in the 60's on the site of what was once a small hotel. In years past people would come here as a spa owing to the unique properties of the dark sand. The film director Roberto Rossellini was once a resident, and wrote that Ladispoli is a town 'where the sky can play with the earth'. It is the site where the ancient Romans built their summer residences. Etruscan necropolis are nearby. Ladipoli is a place steeped in both cultural and personal history.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The town is relaxing, everything you could possibly need is within walking distance. It is beachfront yet right in the center of town. After a day of sightseeing in Rome, with all the hustle and bustle it's great to get off the train, come to the apartment and listen to the sea. There are many places to visit easily as day trips; the Etruscan necropolis in Cervetri,ruins in Ostia Antica, the Tuscan seaside, wineries,medieval towns.
Sunset from Terrace
Dining al Fresco
Living Rm Entrance to Kitchen
Bunk Bed Room
Sunset from terrace
Beach Restaurant "Papeete" across the street
Cento Corvi Wine Tasting Room
View from Terrace
Living & Dining Combination
Bedroom "ai Fiori" Doors to Terrace
Beach Bar across the street
Setting up for concert in Piazza Roberto Rosselini
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, August 29, 2013
3 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.