Oceanfront Paradise! 25' to the Sand!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:14 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Delray Beach condo description
Charming, peaceful Bermuda style condo in small complex of only 22 units; 6 separate two story buildings with lots of green space and a heated swimming pool. This is THE premiere second floor unit, in front, on the ocean, about 25' to the beautiful dunes and expansive sandy beach, with spectacular ocean views from nearly every window. You will wake up in the master bedroom looking at the sea and listening to the waves break on the shore! Birds nest in the dunes, foxes trot along the sea wall, sea gulls fish for their dinner, and pelicans swoop in front of the porch so close you feel that you could touch them. The heated pool is landscaped with lush tropical plants with plenty of comfortable seating and umbrellas. Overlooking the ocean, on a beautiful expanse of green lawn is more seating.
Colorful, tropical decor, artist owned and decorated, will make you smile throughout your stay. A magical and comfortable porch with stunning views will make your relaxing times a delight! Friends and family have been known to spend a night or two sleeping on the comfy reclining chaise. The master bedroom has a queen size bed and private bath with a vibrant Mexican inspired decor, and a Kohler air-tub and walk-in shower. The guest room has a full sized bed, a private entrance, and a bathroom accessible to guests in that room and 'couch' guests as well. The living room has a comfortable custom queen size sleeper sofa and the office has a single chair sleeper. You can sleep 7 if you like!
This is a non-smoking and pet free property and house keeping is required weekly. There is one designated parking space, two staircases, with a chair lift on one, should it be needed. There is ample guest parking.
The Delray Beach Club, a private beach club, is right next door, currently offering trial one-month memberships. Their amenities include a heated pool, two clay tennis courts, a gym, massage, water aerobics, stretch and yoga classes, casual poolside bar and dining and a casual indoor bar and dining room, as well as a more formal dining room.
- On floor 2
- 1300 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 4-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Heated Pool
- Communal Pool
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Surf Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Deepsea Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Botanical Garden
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Delray Beach, the Village-By-The-Sea, was just voted the most fun little town in the USA! Bermuda High is a mere 2 miles from the famous and lively Atlantic Avenue, the heart of Delray Beach. Delray abounds in small town charm, boasting a multitude of fine restaurants, quaint boutiques, and art galleries; a hub for the growing international art scene. Nearly every weekend, winter and summer, there are outdoor events, including art shows, theatre, international tennis competition, golf tournaments, antique/art auctions, musical performances, cycling races, boat shows, fishing tournaments and all manner of celebrations marking holidays old and new. Delray prides itself on offering never ending and innovative entertainment for it's visitors. After all, it is home to the world famous 100' Christmas tree! People come from all over for our lively St. Patrick's Day Parade, started years ago by local bar owner, Maury Powers and his green pig. If it is classes that you are interested in taking, the Delray Beach Center For The Arts offers them; painting, pottery, drama and more. A cruise aboard the Lady Atlantic, enjoying the calm waters and interesting scenery along the Intracoastal Waterway that meanders through the heart of Delray, is an experience not to be missed. Evenings and late nights find Atlantic Avenue awash in the white lights wrapping the palm trees that line the avenue. Young and old stroll along enjoying the balmy weather, jazz on the avenue and gallery openings. Many stores stay open evenings catering to this lively, interesting international mix of people. In addition, it is a short drive to the beauty of Florida's unique Everglades, the excitement of Ft. Lauderdale, the fascinating architecture and night life of South Beach and Miami, and the majesty and allure of opulent Palm Beach and it's famous shopping on Worth Avenue. Only 3 hours north is the world famous Disney World and Port Canaveral. The Florida Keys begin just south of Miami, only 2 hours south of Delray. If you have never been to Key West, it is a trip well worth taking. The 7 Mile Bridge and the beauty of the emerald waters are spectacular! All of this at your fingertips with the best right here at Bermuda High, a little piece of unspoiled paradise....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Feb 28, 2014
14 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
14 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
There is a mandatory weekly cleaning fee of $100.00 paid directly to the housekeeper. No pets and no children under the age of 6.
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Palm Beach & Ft Lauderdale Intnl. at 20 Miles
- Nearest Train: Delray Beach at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-95 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Out the front door! at Delray Beach
- Nearest Barpub: Delray Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Delray Beach at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Delray Beach at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: What can I say? I live a blessed life, splitting my time between paradise here in Delray Beach and paradise in Evergreen, CO. I am a retired author, counselor and speaker with a Master's Degree in Psychology and Counseling from Goddard College in Vermont. My book, The Golden Ghetto: the Psychology of Affluence, was published in 1996 and I enjoyed a longer than usual '15 minutes of fame.' After 9/11 my speaking and consulting business dropped off and I took that opportunity to semi-retire, send my second daughter off the college, and move from Milwaukee, WI, to my condo here in Delray Beach full-time. This past November, after renting for a summer in Evergreen, I decided to buy a second home there to be closer to my daughters, family and grandchildren (6 and 1 and the joy of my life...) I have always dabbled in art and after coming to Delray I started a second career as an artist, with a studio in downtown Delray. I do House Portraits and other venues in watercolor, acrylic and oil and love every minute that I stand before a canvas! Believe it or not, I am one of those rare Florida natives, growing up in the little town of Gulfstream just north of Delray. I went to The University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, graduating Phi Beta Kappa in 1971. I married and lived in the chilly city of Milwaukee for 27 years, leaving behind good friends and miserable weather to return to my roots here in Delray.
Why the Owner Chose Delray Beach:
Bermuda High is a unique property, designed and built by the famous local architect, Sam Ogren. My Aunt Betty bought one of the one bedroom efficiencies when the complex was built back in the 60s. When she died, my cousin inherited it and I bought that condo from him in 1993. Five years later, I was sitting on my porch when I saw a friend of mine who was a realtor walking out of the front door of my present condo. When he told me it was for sale, I walked over and gave the owner a deposit without a moment's hesitation! Condos in this complex rarely come up for sale and when they do they are snatched up immediately. Should you decide to share this piece of heaven with me, and I hope you do, you will quickly see why!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Where to start?? There are so many unique and wonderful qualities about this home. The views are spectacular and unequaled anywhere in Delray. I sit closer to the ocean than any property I know of. When you walk around you feel as though you are on a ship, with ocean views out almost every window. Then there is the old Florida charm of the gallaceed, windows, the ceiling fans, the hard wood floors, the soft ocean breeze and the Bermuda like charm of the complex. Unlike many condos, I share nothing but my floor with anyone else. I have 360 degrees of windows since there are only two condos in this building; one down and mine up. It is peaceful and quiet; I am often the only one at the pool. When I sit on my magical porch drinking my coffee in the morning, the sunrises are spectacular, the sea gulls and pelicans glorious, the sea turtles fascinating and the dunes and ocean ever changing. With my wine in the evenings I watch the pinks and purples of the sunset reflected back to me in the clouds above the ocean. It truly doesn't get any better than this. I am grateful everyday for my little piece of heaven here.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Private path to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!
Guest room with a private entrance and bathroom.
Master bedroom. Wake up looking at the ocean!
Your front entrance! You have the whole top floor; 360 degrees of windows!
Sunrise from my magical porch!
Sunset reflection from my magical porch in paradise!
Master bath; Kohler airtub and walk in shower.
Partial view of living room; custom queen size sleeper sofa.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 15, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.