Charming Bavarian Country House with a Large Garden and Mountain and Lake Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tegernsee house description
This beautiful spacious house in a wonderfully peaceful setting overlooking lake Tegernsee is the ideal family retreat throughout the year.
The house is comfortably furnished in a traditional style. The 70m² living room and adjoining dining room is mainly wood panneled and provides a wonderful area to relax and enjoy the breathtaking views. A large south facing terrace provides a sheltered suntraped area ideal for outdoor eating and sunbathing.
The house has 3 large double bedrooms with balconies. The two larger bedrooms face to the south and have sofa beds for extra sleeping space. The spacious main bathroom has a large oval shaped whirlpool, a shower and 2 washbasins. 2 of the bedrooms also have en suite shower rooms.
The large secluded garden has a garden hut, a small stream, swings and a basket ball.
Close to the house are footpaths leading down to the picuresque town of Tegernsee with its lovely cafes, restaurants, shops and the traditional 'bräustübl' brewhouse.
Lake side beach areas and Spas: The town of Tegernsee has two beach areas: There is a private beach area in the town which can be used at a small daily fee with sun loungers, a snack area and a diving board. Directly next door is the Monte Mare lakeside spa, which attracts guests from far and wide. At the southern end of the town is a public beach area with volley ball facilities and a parklike area for kicking a ball and playing other games.
At the northern end of the lake is the town of Gmünd. Gmünd has a charming beach area particularly suitable for young children with a playground and restaurant facilities. Directly next door is a sailing and windsurf school. Gmünd can be reached by car, bus or the lake ferry service.
Only 700 m from the holiday home is the Hotel 'das Tegernsee'. The hotel Spa facilities (in and outdoor pool and fitness room) enjoy spectacular views and can be used at a daily fee.
In the lake side towns of Rottach Egern and Bad Wiesee there are very good public swimming pools.
Walking, mountain biking and other activities: The holiday home is the perfect starting point for mountain bike or walking tours.
One of the most popular destinations is the mountain restaurant 'Neureuth' (75 minutes walk) from where you can enjoy bavarian style food with amazing views of the mountains and the lake Tegernsee. From here it is possible to walk on to lake Schliersee (3 hours in total) and take the train back to Tegernsee.
Under www.tegernsee.de you will be able to find a whole range of walking and mountain biking tours for all levels
as well as a wide selection of other activities.
Just a few minutes south of the lake there is a cable car up to the Wallberg mountain. Here you can enjoy breathtaking views and walks.
Sailing and Windsurfing: There are many areas aound the lake where you can rent sailing boats or surf boards. The sailing school 'Stickl' in Gmund provides courses throughout the summer for children and adults.
- 230 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- The 3 bedrooms are on the first floor all have access to balconies. 2 of the bedrooms have en suite showerrooms (with toilet and washbasin). The two larger bedrroms have sofabeds for extra sleeping space. There is also a sofa bed in the reception room on the ground floor, should further sleeping space be required. All sofa beds are for 2 people. They are 160cm wide....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The main bathroom has a large oval bath/jacuzzi, a seperate shower and 2 washbasins. The bathroom can be reached from the hallway or directly from the main bedroom. It also has a door onto a balcony. The two showerrooms are en suite to the second and third bedrooms. On the groundfloor their is a seperate guest toilet which can be used as an en suite for Bedroom 4 (when needed)....moreless
- The fully equipped kitchen has a small eating area for 5 people. A door leads out into the garden from the kitchen. There is also a small pantry. In the cellar there is a washing machine and dryer and area to hang up clothes to dry. In the garden there are swings, a trampolin, football goals and a basketball net for the children to enjoy, as well as a wooden summerhouse and a little stream. In the cellar is a table football and other toys. Books and boardgames can also be found in the living rooms. In the cellar there is also a special area for skis which can be accessed either from indoors or from an outside side entrance....moreless
- Books - Kids
- Games - Kids
- Table Football
- Books - Fiction/Non-Fiction
- Away From It All
- Recreation Centre
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theatre
- Not Necessary
- Paddle Boating
- Horse Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
- Fitness Centre
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Activities Guide
- Local Activities Guide
- Dialup Access
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps
- Toilet Paper
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Alarm Clock
- Laundry Soap
- Parking Off Street
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
- Pantry Items
- Beach Towels
- Child's Swing
- Kayak / Canoe
- Deck Chairs
Pool / Spa
- Indoor Hot Tub
ReviewsWrite a review
Very pleasant stay
Very pleasant stay
I can highly recommend this pleasant, rambling older style house on the outskirts of Tegernsee. My husband, myself and 4 teenage children stayed for 3 nights in December. The house was warm and comfortable with plenty of room for everyone. The views are lovely. The furnishings and kitchen are older in style, but the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are modern and luxurious. The 3 upstairs bedrooms all had ensuites which was great with our kids! There was plenty of kitchenware, beautiful fluffy towels and good quality linen. The village and surrounds are lovely. There is a great restaurant just up the street where we had a wonderful Bavarian meal. The owner and housekeeper were very welcoming and helpful. The house is on a short private road and access may be difficult if there has been heavy snow, a four wheel drive vehicle would have been useful but we managed to get in and out with only winter tyres and a little snow shovelling. We will definitely stay again!
- Guest Christine L. (Chevallum, Australia)
- Date of stay 12/13/12
- Review Submitted 12/18/12
..noch nie eine so tolle Aussicht.Guest comment entered by owner
..noch nie eine so tolle Aussicht.
Der Aufenthalt in ihrem Haus war wirklich unbeschreiblich schön. Ich war bereits ca. 20 mal am Tegernsee, habe aber noch nie eine so tolle Aussicht gehabt. Leider war die Zeit zu kurz, hätten gerne noch eine Woche verlängert.
- Guest Familie K. aus Heidelberg
- Date of stay 08/08/12
- Review Submitted 09/04/12
Sehr gut gefallenGuest comment entered by owner
Sehr gut gefallen
Wir haben den Urlaub bei Ihnen sehr genossen. Ihr Haus und die Umgebung haben uns wirklich sehr gut gefallen und wir werden bestimmt wiederkommen.
- Guest Berlin
- Date of stay 04/27/12
- Review Submitted 05/24/12
Familienzusammenkunft - "Ein Haus mit Wärme"Guest comment entered by owner
Familienzusammenkunft - "Ein Haus mit Wärme"
Liebe Familie Kuhn, nachdem wir nun von unserem Urlaub am Tegernsee und anschließend in Venedig zurückgekommen sind, möchten wir Ihnen sagen, wie sehr wir die Tage im Haus Sonneneck genossen haben. Es ist ein Haus mit Wärme und einem besonderen, ganz eigenen Charakter,in dem wir uns vom ersten Moment an wohl gefühlt haben. Ihr Haus war für uns ein wunderbarer Rahmen für unsere Familienzusammenkunft und für den Geburtstag, den wir am Tegernsee feiern konnten. Mit herzlichen Dank und guten Wünschen, dass Sie selbst diesen schönen Platz oft geniessen können.
- Guest Familie S., Erlangen, Deutschland
- Date of stay 09/02/11
- Review Submitted 09/19/11
3 Week Stay in TegernseeGuest comment entered by owner
3 Week Stay in Tegernsee
We loved the house! We had a great time staying there and think of it very fondly. We loved the plentiful piles of fluffy towels - those were really nice! Thanks for everything!
- Guest J &B and Family, Virginia, USA
- Date of stay 06/22/11
- Review Submitted 09/19/11
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Fall (price for 4 Persons)
Dec 1 - Dec 20, 2013
2 night min stay
Dec 21 - Jan 4, 2014
7 night min stay
Jan 5 - Apr 12, 2014
2 night min stay
Apr 13 - Jun 29, 2014
3 night min stay
Jun 30 - Aug 31, 2014
7 night min stay
Sep 1 - Dec 1, 2014
3 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (€) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Fees and Taxes:
- Cleaning €150
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Munich Airport at 92 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Tegernsee at 1.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Tegernsee at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Holzkirchen at 24 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Tegernsee Beachclub at 1.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Hotel 'Das Tegernsee' at 0.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Ödberglift, Ostin at 7.1 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Tegernsee 6 Hole olfcourse at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Lieberhof at 0.2 Kilometres
- Primary: +49 089 x 45812676
- Fax: +49 (0)89 41851321
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Private Homepage von Ferienhaus Sonneneck
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from balcony
Plan of Ground floor
Holiday House Suncorner
Garden in the winter
Plan of first floor