This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Mammoth Lakes Travel Tips
If you're searching for a year-round paradise nestled onto a mountainside, look no further than Mammoth Lakes and Mammoth Mountain in California. This four-season piece of heaven suits everyone's interests.
Mammoth Lakes features more than 100 lakes and streams and is known for it's stellar trout fishing. The miles of trails and wilderness areas provide exceptional locations for unbeatable sight seeing and physical activity. Rock climbers will love the thrilling peaks, while water lovers can head out in a kayak. There are also opportunities for hikers, bikers and horseback riders.
In the colder months, Mammoth Mountain is a spectacular Californian locale for skiing. The area receives an unusually large amount of snowfall, making it ideal for skiers and snowboarders alike.
Cold Weather Things to Do
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Area: When the weather gets cold, the favorite activity to partake in at Mammoth Mountain is skiing at the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area. It's the highest ski resort in California and known for its serious snowfall. There are more than 3,500 acres of terrain to ski on serviced by lifts, including three gondolas. At the top of the mountain, you'll find challenging chutes and open mogul runs. There are also eight unbound terrain parks. The ski area is a top spot for professionals to practice and compete on the Super Pipe and the Super-Duper Pipe.
- Woolly's Tube Park and Snowplay Area: For some action the whole family can get in on, head to Woolly's Tube Park and Snowplay Area. There are six tubing lanes for a downhill adventure as well as outdoor heaters and hot cocoa to keep you warm. After tubing, build a snowman, ride sleds or hop on the merry-go-round.
- Snowmobiling: If you consider yourself a bit of a speedster, try your hand at snowmobiling. Head off the beaten path and zoom around the thousands of acres of pristine backcountry. Everyone from beginners to experts can take a turn on these exciting machines.
- Cross country skiing: If downhill is not your thing, try cross country skiing instead. You'll find a calmer atmosphere and 19 miles of perfect scenery for this sport, as well as skating and snowshoeing. Enjoy the tranquil setting as you listen to birds chirp while you glide through the snow. All your stress will simply melt away.
- Mammoth Mountain Resort Spa: With all of the physical activity and outdoor adventures, you're sure to need a day of pampering and relaxation. Book the works at the Mammoth Mountain Resort Spa. A massage will soothe muscles tired and tightened from all of the skiing and other sporting activities. A licensed therapist will work out all your knots and kinks, leaving you refreshed and rejuvenated. A pedicure will spruce up your feet and toes as you relax, and a facial will moisturize your wind-blown skin, leaving it looking healthy and radiant.
Warm Weather Things to Do
- Gondola ride: For the most amazing bird's eye view you'll find in the area, take a ride to the summit of Mammoth to 11,053 feet. Take in the 360-degree sights of more than 400 miles of high altitude peaks. Don't forget your camera, as you'll certainly want to capture the scenery.
- Horseback riding: For animal and nature lovers, plan an afternoon of horseback riding. You'll feel like a real cowboy, or girl, as you swing up into the saddle and prepare to mosey down the less?-traveled paths to see more natural beauty. Keep an eye out for local wildlife as you go by! Whether you want to gallop or just clip along at a leisurely pace, there are options for everyone.
- Mammoth Mountain Bike Park: Mammoth Mountain Bike Park offers more than 80 miles of cross-country single tracks and exhilarating downhills. This is the biggest bike park in the West, allowing for terrain to suit every ability, from beginners to experts.
- Mammoth Mountain Adventure Center: If it's a place for serious family fun you're looking for, you'll find it at Mammoth Mountain Adventure Center. It's the perfect spot to have an adventure as you take in glorious views. There are tons of kids activities to occupy the little ones in addition to a variety of hiking trails for a lovely walk when you need some fresh air. If you're hungry, there are plenty of eateries around serving delicious flavors.