VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This was our third time staying at the garden loft and once again the blessings continue. We love John and Sandy! They are kind and generous offering wonderful suggestions on fun things to do. The loft was immaculate. We love the beautiful wood floors and the deck with a beautiful view of Mt. Shasta. If we could give it more than a 5 star rating we would. From playing air hockey at The Coffee Connection to beautiful creations at Alpine Originals to crispy pork tacos at Ponch and Leftkowitz...it doesn't get much better! We definitely will be coming back...Thanks again John and Sandy. You two definitely have always made us feel welcome and special!"
Guest: Chad, Natasha and Molly D.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 16, 2015
"The cottage is great combination of modern, cozy, and stylish with fabulous scenery just outside the windows. It was a joy to sit at the kitchen table and just gaze out the window at the water and geese. There are neighbors but far enough away that it hardly matters. While there's a feeling of isolation, you're only a 10-15 minute drive away from Weed and Mt. Shasta City. It was easy to purchase groceries or eat out. The kitchen was well equipped for cooking. There's an easy 30-minute walk around the pond with views of Mt. Shasta. People we met on the walk were welcoming. Silvia made everything easy. She responded quickly and was flexible."
Guest: Phil G.Date of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 8, 2015
"We had an enjoyable time at Lake Shasta. The house was exactly as described in the posting.
* The owners are accommodating and reasonable. We locked ourselves out of the house one day (totally our fault). We called them and the owners' father came over and let us back in without any hassle at all.
* The kitchen is well equipped. The appliances and kitchenware were top notch. We made really good use of the kitchen -- an ice cream maker, two waffle irons, frosty beer mugs, etc...
* The house is clean, new, and well maintained. You can tell that the owners try hard to keep things nice. My only real complaint was about the swaying bunkbeds. We ended up tightening the screws and it was perfectly fine.
* My biggest complaint isn't about the house. It is about Lakehead itself (I feel bad about knocking it down a star, but I'm grading the whole experience). The week we went, the weather was unbearably hot! It was 109 just about every day (I guess that is fairly normal for this area). The Lake is also super dry as a result of the severe draughts in California. As such, there was no swimming hole to speak of. We still went boating and had a good time. The porch was fantastic, but we were only able to enjoy it in the mornings. We mostly had to stick with indoor activities which meant that we had to drive down to Redding (about 35 minutes) practically every day.
* Only having 2.5 baths for a 5 bedroom house wasn't great, but we made it work. Again, exactly as advertised."
Guest: KevinDate of Stay: July 2014Review Submitted: August 10, 2014