Enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets over the water!
Maestrale, its sister house (Surfdancer), and owner Glen Morgan were featured in a Wall Street Journal article about vacation rentals on February 15, 2013!
This house is solely managed by the owner.
Located at Avon's secret South end (on Park Drive), gorgeous MAESTRALE has unrestricted views of Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Pamlico Sound and the Atlantic. Positioned one house away from the Sound on a cul-de-sac, this very quiet SEMI-SOUNDFRONT location is actually closer to the water than some soundfront houses on the Island. It's just a 6 minute walk to the ocean and a 1 minute walk on a sand/boardwalk path to the shallow, warm waters of the Pamlico Sound where you will find a private-access, secluded shallow-water beach on where kids can wade & find hermit crabs. This is a premier destination for wind sports enthusiasts & is an ideal windsurfing/kiteboarding launch area. You can leave your gear on the beach when you go to the house for lunch or refreshments. The ocean is just a quick 6 minute walk down the street & over the dunes on the community maintained boardwalk. Kayak added in 2012.
The ground level has ample concrete parking, basketball hoop, outside shower, carport, under-house entry, partial boardwalk and lockable storage area (concrete floor) that will accommodate boards and rigged sails. The 1st floor has an inviting 'getaway' sitting room. The first master suite has a full bath with bidet. The second bedroom is bunk equipped and the third is twin equipped. The second bath opens to hallway. MAESTRALE'S large second level great room with tall cathedral ceilings has perfect southern exposure, lots of glass, and 'postcard' views of Hatteras Island's quiet side. The well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and wide dining area is a hit. A 2nd master suite with semi-private bath with bidet is the perfect place to close every vacation day. Wide south sun decks squeeze every drop of sun to warm winter weary guests. New carpeting throughout the house added in 2008 and a 6-person, deep hot-tub / spa.
*This is solely MANAGED by the OWNER.
*Maestrale rents SUN-SUN: Avoid the Saturday traffic!
*Partial weeks (3 night min) only considered within 2 weeks of rental period (if they fall between Sunday-Sunday).
*Sorry - but No Smoking and No Pets (no exceptions)!
The Outer Banks offer a fascinating combination of natural and cultural resources, and provide a wide variety of recreational opportunities:
* The uncrowded, pristine beach (voted best on the coast) is perfect for families.
* Kinnakeet Shores Resort Amenities included with rental (Jr. Olympic swimming pool & tennis -- approximately mid-May to Oct 1)
* Want to explore? Take the ferry from Hatteras Village to Ocracoke Island, home of the infamous pirate, Blackbeard.
*Visit the Wright Brothers Memorial and Museum and the Dunes at Jockey's Ridge State Park (50 miles north).
* Fisherman can choose surfcasting, inlet fishing, ocean fishing at Avon Pier, or sport fishing offshore for flounder, drum, blues, mackerel, tuna, and more.
* Discover multiple intimate restaurants with the Outer Banks own brand of beach hospitality rarely seen in vacation destinations.
* Surfers can take advantage of the location central to the Outer Banks hottest surf spots including Hatteras Light House, S-Turns, and Frisco Pier.
* Windsurfers, Kiteboarders, and Kayakers can access the warm, shallow waters of Pamlico Sound with just short walk. World famous Canadian Hole Haul-over day use area and Kite Point are less than a half mile south.
Click the link below the calendar for more pictures & info
Keywords: House beach cottage ocean kite windsurf owner managed