This property has been COMPLETELY RENOVATED! NEW kitchen, NEW bathrooms, NEW flooring etc. Paint, furniture, art and decor has all been updated. This A frame cabin is sleek and modern with every amenity plus the LOCATION can't be beat! There is no other rental that compares at this price and location.LOCATION!! This home is a short stroll to the newly renovated Snow Summit ski resort. This home is roomy, modern, updated, clean and functional. The large living room opens up with 9 foot sliders to an extended deck. The deck boasts a gas modfire for your enjoyment. The property is large and is fully fenced. The kitchen has a 7 foot island/bar overlooking the dining room. Dining room will has a large table with room for up to 12, as well as a shuffle board table, vintage Ms Pac Man cocktail table and dart board. There is a bathroom with a tub/shower downstairs. Upstairs there are two huge bedrooms. The master has a king AND queen bed and an ensuite bathroom. The guest bedroom also has a king AND queen bed. The loft bedroom has two twin beds with two pull out twin trundles beneath. There is an additional bathroom upstairs. Outside there is a new hot tub off the kitchen deck plus outdoor games like corn hole. There is a laundry room and a mudroom for all of your jackets, boards, skis, etc. This A frame cabin is sleek and modern with every amenity!
- Calendar last updated:
- Dec 10, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Gorgeous space, with some quirks
This property is really beautiful. Well decorated and furnished with decent attention to detail. I personally appreciated the west elm flatware and gorgeous ceramic plates. The instruction book had pictures on how to turn things on, and that was very helpful.
A few things that I didn’t love (not that these are deal breakers):
1 - the backyard fence is uncomfortably low. When sitting on the porch, everyone that drives by, walks by, or lived nearby can 100% see you at all times. If you have the blinds open to the house, people have a straight shot into the house. Privacy is important and if something were to prevent me from coming back, it would be this.
2 - the driveway clearly had room for 3 cars, but they limit you to 2.
3 - the sleeping arrangement is odd. 2 bedrooms each with 2 beds... so if you want to stay here with other couples, you’ll have to share a room. Awkward.
4 - no AC. Which was t a huge deal for me because I was there when it was 58* outside. But if it’s warm, this could be uncomfortable.
5 - the pans that were supplied are TERRIBLE. In fact, a few of them weren’t even cleaned that well. Cooking big breakfasts will be a challenge for you.
6 - the refrigerator took forever to get cold, so I recommend putting in things slowly.
Overall, this place is really great (minus some things). Solid choice for a family or a group of guy/girl friends.
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and noticed our attention to decor and detail. I would like to address some of your issues.
1. The fence is at the maximum height per city code and is almost 6 feet tall. Like you said, there are modern blinds that you can shut if you are inside and would like complete privacy.
2. We do not limit to 2 cars. There is plenty of space to park 3 cars and renters may do so. I have even allowed parking in the garage if requested giving renters 4 spots.
3. Yes , the photos clearly show that there are two beds in each of the private rooms giving you the options to sleep with children in the same room, or even another couple if you're comfortable with that. or the bed can even remain empty?
4. No AC is pretty standard in the mountains. We have fans and the mountain breeze in the summer. I have stayed there in the summer myself and it is pleasant.
5. I would not agree that the stainless steel Cuisinart pans are terrible, but we've decided to upgrade to Scandinavian ScanPans. I apologize if the pans were left not cleaned well by previous renters. These new pans should be easier to clean.
6. Our refrigerator is brand new and top of the line Jenn Air. It is pretty common to take a fridge full room temp items while to get down to fridge temps.
Thank you and hope to have you again.
Pictures do not lie! What we saw is what we got. Spacious and open floor plan. Great family vacation
We loved the location. Tucked away but close to anything you would like to do in big bear. Fire pit was great and the open feeling from house to front porch area made it special. We would definitely go back!
We'd love to have you back! -Amy
Gorgeous property with amazing amenities!
Gorgeous property with amazing amenities! We’ll definitely be back!
We'd love to have you back!
Would recommend to anyone.
We had a great stay, very spacious inside and fun for the hole family.
So glad you enjoyed your stay. -Amy
Lovely, kid-friendly place
We loved our stay at the SwitzerMOD. 4 adults and 4 kids under 5 years old had the time of their life in the mountains. This house has something for everyone and we are already planning our next stay.
The manager, M, was wonderful too. Very responsive and friendly.
We will be back!
So glad you enjoyed your stay!
The property is amazing
My family love the property , is amazing.
The property have many details that make the weekend awesome.
Definitely coming back.
So glad you enjoyed your stay.