About the property
- Condo1100 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 5 nights
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 5
Golf Villas E-2 at Mauna Lani
Enjoy our luxury condo located on the ground floor of a tranquil and lushly landscaped, gated community. It is immaculately clean and well appointed; ready to become your home away from home. Decorated in Island style, the open-plan living area leads to a spacious lanai with built-in gas grill and wet bar overlooking a manicured lawn and the 10th fairway of the famous Mauna Lani South Course. Our condo offers a perfect place for children to play and adults to relax. We also provide free access to the Owners Beach Club and discounts on golf at the Mauna Lani courses.
The gourmet kitchen is appointed with granite counters and upgraded appliances, and is fully equipped for all your cooking needs. The dining area seats four with extra seating at the kitchen bar counter. Flat screen TVs are found in the living area and the master suite. A docking stereo, cable TV, high speed WiFi, and telephone are all included.
The Master Suite is its own retreat. It has a cool and open feel with a recessed tray ceiling and fan, a walk-in closet and en suite bath. The master bathroom has a soaking tub, double sinks, and a separate, glass enclosed shower. The second bedroom is also very comfortable with a queen bed and adjacent full bathroom. In the private garage, beach mats, towels, chairs, an umbrella and cooker are provided; everything you need for a relaxed day at the beach.
Enjoy Golf Villas' beautiful pool, spa, and well-equipped exercise facility. Golf Villas' low density and quiet friendly atmosphere assures a calm, relaxing holiday. Golf Villas is just a short walk to the private Owners Beach Club with tranquil water and some of the best snorkeling on the island. Mauni Lani is one of the world's truly great resort communities with stunning beaches, world-class golf courses, luxury spas, fine dining and shopping. All these amenities, as well as some of the island's treasured historical sites are an easy walk or short drive away. This condo is the perfect home base for all the adventures the Big Island has to offer.
A stay at the Golf Villas of Mauna Lani makes for a truly memorable Hawaiian experience!
Our on island contact information is sent with your Welcome Letter prior to arrival.
Hawaii Tax ID # T0032932864
Dean and Marsha
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 10, 2018
About Dean and Marsha
We are California natives who have enjoyed relaxing vacations in Hawaii while raising our three children, and now as "empty nesters" in our second honeymoon stage. We are excited to now be property owners on the Big Island, our favorite vacation destination. We enjoy sharing our home away from home with others who share our passion for this beautiful and peaceful island.
Dean and Marsha purchased this Condo in 2017
Why Dean and Marsha chose Puako
This end of the Island is not crowded, and has beautiful weather. We selected this property because we appreciate the well-located, private and relaxing location with easy access to activities of all kinds. We like that it is newer construction, and that our condo, and the Golf Villas in general, have been beautifully cared for and maintained. Our unit was a vacation rental prior to our ownership, with consistently great reviews. It is our intention to continue that tradition, and share our villa with others who love the Islands as we do.
What makes this Condo unique
We like the ground floor location, with no stairs to climb or need to carry heavy items up and down. We enjoy the easy access to the pool, spa and fitness room. We love the nearby Mauna Lani Private Beach and the Napua Restaurant that is just for Mauna Lani residents and guests. Our condo has a well thought out floor plan, with good separation between the master suite and the second bedroom. It serves as the perfect home base for a couple, two couples or a small family to enjoy all that the Big Island has to offer.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Everything we wanted
Second time we have stayed in E2. It has everything we need. The unit is spacious and quiet. We like the Golf Villas location at Muana Lani. It is a comfortable distance away from resort congestion, you feel lke you are in a relaxing space. The drive to the beach is easy. Marsha was very easy to work with. Communication and expectations were clearly presented. We will return next year for another week.
Enjoyed Golf Villas E-2
We stayed here for two weeks Feb into March 2018. I give it the highest rating for the following reasons:
1. Value. In the Mauna Lani area this unit is priced very well
2. Marsha. The owner is responsive and has Aloha. No really she does and we appreciated that. Thank you Marsha! Well to be Hawaiian...one big Mahalo to you!
3. Private beach. We were lucky with an almost flat ocean in Feb and very clear water for snorkeling. Actually saw more fish here than at Place of Refuge. Also an octopus and a 5' reef shark along with typical turtles. Getting to the beach around 8AM will get you a cabana and we would pack a lunch, get in a couple hours of snorkeling and have lunch on the beach.
4. The unit had everything we needed. The A/C is set to 73 degrees at night but with the overhead fans we were comfortable. Electricity is expensive in Hawaii so we always would set the A/C to some high temp so it wouldn't run unless we were there. The beds were comfortable, enjoyed the lanai, and the bathrooms were both excellent. Kitchen was spacious and worked well.
5. The neighborhood has its own pool with good hot tub and a work out place which was fine but if you are using it you aren't swimming in the ocean enough or hiking to places like Captain Cook. This whole area is so much quieter than Kona has become. In planning our days we would debate the drive to something like Place of Refuge and then sit back and say 'why?' . The snorkeling was so excellent where we were why drive. We did Place of Refuge once and Captain Cook once and the rest of our snorkeling was either the private beach or the nearby 49 Black Sand Beach.
6. The garage.We didn't store the car in it but used it as a good place to dry off things like wet snorkel suits on a wooden drying rack that is on its last legs. I had a new pair of fins with me that I had not tried out and I hated them. Sure enough there was a better pair I could borrow from the unit. if you go there and find a new pair of blue fins by U.S. Divers ...we donated them. The older pair of split blue fins are much better. Also we enjoyed the Tommy Bahama chairs in the garage for when you go to a beach other than the private beach.
7. Can I say something negative? Yep the couch needs to be replaced and isn't comfy.
Honestly I doubt there is a better value in the area and it is a spectacular area. Aloha
Marsha was a great hostess. We loved being in this resort area with all the conveniences including private beach. “The Shops” had everything we needed - Groceries at Foodland, “Under the Bodhi Tree” vegetarian offerings, Snorkel Bob’s and gift shops. Mornings on the lanai watching the golfers tee off was very relaxing. The house is very well-equipped though the couch needs replacing. Would have liked Bluetooth speakers to play music we have on our devices.
The entrance and surrounding grounds are upscale and very well cared for. The unit has everything needed for a great vacation stay, all as promised in the description. Restaurants, beaches close by. A winner!
Thank you for your review! We hope to welcome you back again as a returning guest soon!
A condo with everything for staying away home, a peaceful neighborhood.
We, me, my wife and our 3-years-old, stayed in 4 nights. The condo has everything we need for extended stay - kitchen, bath, comfortable beds, even snorkel gears! The Golf Villa is a very peaceful and love neighborhood as well. I used the Gym and pool, small but enough. It takes 5 Min drive to the beach club (for enjoying the sand and ocean) or the Foodland, with multiple restaurant there. The condo is very clean and the neighbors are really friendly. We will stay again definitely! Strongly recommended!
Comfortable, Relaxing and Reliable.
Marsha and Dean have an affordable and relaxing condo in my favorite district of Big Island. Close to Hapuna and Kaunaoa beaches and the towns of Hawi, Puako, and Waimea, Marsha's hospitality was expressively communicated by email with quick replies to all questions we had and with prompt delivery of all information required to make our stay a smooth one. I have stayed in other units at the Golf Villas before and I will plan to return to their unit, in particular, for future visits.