This new property is a great place to stay in The Big Easy! It is centrally located and walking distance to all of the action!! This property is updated with granite and stainless in the kitchen. Beautiful wood floors throughout the condo! There is one queen bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in living room. Enough to accommodate 4 people, however if you have an extra tag along we can provide an air mattress with some notice. Enjoy the balcony in the back and listen to the music of New Orleans streets!! The kitchen is fully stocked, but who really wants to eat in when you are in the Big Easy!!??
- Calendar last updated:
- Jan 23, 2019
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great location & apartment, but not if you're terribly-picky
I stayed in this apartment with my two kids (ages 9 & 12).
- Location -- near the French Market, with easy access to riverfront street car, and also the Frenchman Street area & French Quarter. great coffeeshop downstairs.
- Ambiance -- building is "historic" with nice exposed brick & wood floors as pictured, also updated bathroom, furniture & decor.
- Responsive -- the air mattress didn't hold air overnight, but the manager delivered a brand new one the next morning.
- Relatively Quiet -- we love the city, and it's not silent, but this apartment is surprisingly quiet for its great location.
- Maintenance -- major leak during heavy rain meant towels on the floor & concerns about safety with damp light fixture. plus, one set of french doors doesn't lock securely. rough around the edges, both cleanliness & repairs. for example, none of the electrical outlets in kitchen worked and had major ant invasion.
- Kitchen -- very limited dishes & cups, no colander, baking pans too big to fit into oven. perhaps OK for some, but not easy for a family with kids.
- Supplies -- no sponges in kitchen, ran out of trash bags, ran very low on TP.
- Bedding -- advertised sofa bed isn't functional. sheets aren't particularly new & covers had lingering smells.
- Trains -- coming from earthquake land, I woke up multiple times per night with bed shaking due to heavy trains going through nearby station.
So... next time, I'll check the reviews to make sure it's being maintained ... hope so because could be really great rental!
Great location. Sofa couch isn’t funcitional. We ended up liking the place a bunch! Recommended!
Great family trip. Nice balcony and room upstairs is very comfortable. Sofa couch doesn’t work, so bring air mattress if you have more than 2 people. Conveniently located in French Quarter.
could have been wonderful with just a few inexpensive things added
The property was very nice. The thought that went in to having guests stay there was not much. It needed a good cleaning, a real cleaning not just a hit and miss. How hard would it be to have a couple of dish towels in the kitchen? Or 2 lamps upstairs so each person had one? Or to occasionally flip the cushions on the sofa & just fluff them up. And I don't know what in the world happened to the curtains but they needed to be replaced or removed. It appeared someone had decided to cut them up and rip them and still they were there. It rained & there was a large leak in the little hallway next to the bathroom. Not a problem for us but mentioning it so it can be fixed.
We did enjoy our stay but we could have enjoyed it much more with just a little effort from the owners. It has a good location. It's quiet & the balcony was wonderful. The coffee shop on the corner was also nice. In short nice apartment but not being cared for like it should be and not much thought into the needs of the guests.
Loved the place except for the tattered drapes. They distracted from the ambience. Location great
What a convenient location. Yet half a block up a quiet street so noise was limited. The cafe on the corner Envie was perfect for breakfast. The spiral staircase up to the bedroom could be a challenge—just be prepared for it. It was clean and comfortable. The balcony is a nice addition. We would stay here again.
Location! Location! Location!
Everything feels like it’s walking distance! It’s easier to walk to many of New Orleans attractions than taking Uber. Now if you don’t like stairs this is not the place for you, specially when you had one too many shots... We will definitely comeback!
Nice apartment in a great location
This is a nice looking, well kept, two level one bedroom apartment in a great location in the French Quarter. Even though this apartment is close to a lot of activity, we did not find it to be noisy or the bustle outside intrusive. The living space has plenty of room for two people and we really enjoyed the balcony. The bedroom is on the second level, up a tight spiral staircase; some people might have difficulty with this staircase but it was no problem for us. The bathroom is small but again, it didn't really bother me much. My only complaint is that we wanted to have bagels for breakfaster and the toaster didn't work nor did the oven work well. All-in-all a good place that I would rent again.