The "Ray's Random Point" is a quiet, isolated oasis on 300 feet of Lake Superior beach, trout pond, and 10 wooded acres. This enchanted location is only 5 miles from downtown Marquette with easy access to Northern Michigan University, numerous restaurants, shops, hiking & biking trails, and regional events.
This is the U.P. at it's finest. After turning off the main road, you will meander 1/2 mile down a paved and gravel driveway through the woods and down toward majestic Lake Superior. Upon arrival, you will hear birds, the wind through the trees, and the water lapping (or crashing!). We adore this place because of the peacefulness and isolation, yet convenience to town.
Your apartment is located above a detached garage, so be aware that you will need to navigate open stairs.
* You will have a fully stocked kitchen to prepare all your meals. Fully stocked means pots, pans, appliances, oil, spices, coffee, and tea.
* Sleeping set-up: Bedroom #1 has a king-size bed. Bedroom #2 has two single beds. The livingroom has a futon couch which can be used as a bed. And there is a loft with an additional twin mattress.
* All linens are 100% cotton. And there are plenty of comfy pillows.
* High ceiling, and lots of windows.
* Water: The tap water is perhaps the best water you will ever taste. Comes fresh from a well and springs on the property. (tested regularly)
* Wrap-around deck with outdoor seating and grill.
* Wi-Fi access. The system was recently upgraded so you have great internet access. Cell reception is spotty. Texting works fine, but phone calls may be challenging.
* There is a TV with a DVD player, but no cable connection.
* Short, sandy trail down to the beach. Great beach for playing and swimming. Sandy and shallow. However! Do know that Lake Superior is unpredictable. A big storm may take the sand away overnight, leaving a beach of rocks. And then another storm brings the sand back.
* You will likely be overwhelmed by Lake Superior expanding in front of your apartment. However, you may also be enchanted by a spring fed pond resting alongside the driveway with Blue Heron, Mallard Ducks, Kingfisher, and Bull Frogs. Yet of more interest to some are the Brook and Rainbow trout hidden within the pond. We have provided fish food pellets and feeding them is a delight.
Access to trails:
1 mile to Sugarloaf
2 miles to Hogsback, North Country Trail and Noquemanon Trails
4 miles to Little Presque Isle and Harlow Lake
And many, many more....!
This property is owned and loved by the Ray family. We are happy to share this magical place. Welcome!