Book your Santa Fe visit today. Santa Fe has more than 250 galleries and is ranked third largest art market in the US.
The 2018 remaining events. These are in addition to all the open year round Galleries on Canyon Road and other areas of town.
1. Native Treasures Indian Arts Festival. Memorial Day Weekend each year, it is May 25-27, 2018 at the Community Convention Center, which is catty corner from the condo complex, so an EASY walk. Over 200 Native American artist participate, each of whom is specially invited by the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, to represent the best and brightest of the Indian art world. Participating artist represent a wide range of tribes and pueblos, as well as a wide range of art forms, from traditional to contemporary. In addition to established artists, we have an Emerging Artist section to showcase new talent.
2. ART Santa Fe, July 12-15, 2018. Community Convention Center. This prestigious art fair brings art collectors together with artists and representatives from more than 50 galleries around the world. This event showcases work by acclaimed masters as well as emerging artist, including site-specific installations.
3. International Folk Art Market, July 13-15, 2018, Museum Hill, (Camino Lejo) The World's largest international folk art market features more than 130 artist from 52 countries selling high quality handmade folk art. Purchase one of a kind pieces, from pottery and rugs to clothing, jewelry and so much more.
4. Traditional Spanish Market, July 28-29, 2018 at the Historic Downtown Plaza. A popular event for residents and visitors alike, Spanish Market features handmade traditional art from hundreds of local Hispanic artist as well as on-going live music and dance, art demonstrations and regional foods throughout each day.
5. Contemporary Hispanic Market, July 28-29, 2018, Historic Downtown Plaza. (don't ask me why these two are separated when they are the same time and the same place!) This annual market showcases original work and individual expression in the mediums of painting, printmaking, sculpture, photography, furniture, jewelry, ceramics, weaving and much more.
6. Objects of Art Santa Fe, August 9-12, 2018. El Museo Cultural de Santa Fe in the Railyard. Featuring 65+ exhibitors, with material ranging from contemporary to historic. The show will include painting, sculpture, and fine art of all kinds, furniture, books, fashion, jewelry, textiles and tribal, folk, American Indian, African and Asian art.
7. Annual Ethnographic Art Show, August 10-13, 2018 at the community Convention Center. The annual Whitehawk Shows feature the finest in ethnographic art and historic antique Indian art. Visit their website for schedules, arts and more.
8. Santa Fe Indian Market. August 18-19, 2018, (thought it often starts on Friday) Historic Downtown Plaza, (and surrounding streets as it has spread). The world famous Santa Fe Indian market is the largest market devoted to Native American arts in the world. It is Santa Fe's largest and most popular event. More than 1,000 artist gather on the Santa Fe Plaza to sell their traditional and contemporary works, including jewelry, pottery, textiles and more. FREE ADMISSION.
9. The Antique American Indian Art Show, august 15-17, 2018
El Museo de Cultural at the Santa Fe Railyard. View and purchase authentic qntique American Indian Art from some of the country's top galleries. This show provides a historical dimention to the art market season in conjunction iwth the Santa Fe Indian Market & Indigenous Fine Art Market, (IFAM).
10. We are the SEEDS- An Indigenous Art Celebration, August 16-17, 2018 at the Santa Fe Railyard. The 3 day event will feature juried high quality contemporary and traditional indigenous art and festive celebration that includes music, dance, fashion and culinary art. The event will host approximately 100 indigenous artist, representing a diversity of cultures and regions, in the wonderful Santa Fe Railyard.
11. SWAIA Winter Indian Market, December 2018 at the LaFonda on the Plaza. The SWAIA Winter Indian Market is a yearly holiday art show featuring Native artist, artist demonstrators, live performances, a silent auction, a raffle, and a fashion show featuring the work of fabulous Native fashion designers.
12. Artist Markets: Santa Fe also has a number of seasonal outdoor art markets, where you will find painting, photography sculpture, glass, ceramics and other unique works of art fo purchase.
13. Santa Fe Artist Market: The Santa Fe Artist Market hosts a juried outdoor art show every Saturday in Railyard Park across from the Farmers Market from March through December. They also host three shows in Cathedral Park in May, July and October.
14. The Railyard Artisan Market. This market features a juried indoor Art & Gift Galleria with jewelry, wood, glass and weaving--all from local New Mexico artisans. The market is open Sundays throughout the year in the Farmers Market Pavilion.
15. The Santa Fe Society of Artists. The Santa Fe Society of Artist hosts a juried outdoor art show in the parking lot of the First National Bank on weekend from late April to mid October.
16. The Northern New Mexico Fine Arts and Crafts Guild presents the Cathedral Park Arts and Crafts Fair in May, July and September in Cathedral Park on the east side of St. Francis Cathedral. (I consider this to be on the NORTH side, not east!)
17, Pueblo Feast Day & Events Calendar. For confirmation of dates, activities and events, please contact each tribe directly. Telephone numbers are provided at the foot of this page. THERE ARE RULES TO FOLLOW Most of these events are sacred. Please be sure to follow the rules of etiquette for each ceremony and pueblo. The tourism offices of each pueblo will provide you with their rules. Photography of any kind is usually strictly forbidden, but check with the respective tourism office. These run throughout the year, for information contact the Pueblos for dates, times, etc.
Book a Getaway today. SUPERB LOCATION NEAR CONVENTION CENTER AND THE HISTORIC PLAZA! The world famous Opera Season is just a few months away and this is about 4 miles from the Opera House.
This 2 story, gated property is ideal for a romantic getaway, business trip or family vacation. There is tile flooring on the ground level, (with oriental rugs in areas), wooden stairs and carpet in the 2 upstairs bedrooms with tile in all 3 bathrooms. Terrific location diagonally across from the Convention Center. Only 3 Blocks to the Historic Plaza, the Lensic Theater and most of the downtown museums & the Georgia O'Keefe Museum. This property is truly in the heart of Santa Fe as the name is El Corazon De Santa Fe.
Underground parking garage with an elevator to the ground floor to this very well appointed 1955 sq. ft. property that has 3 bedrooms and 3l bathrooms. All 3 bedrooms have King Beds.The Master Bedroom has a TV, Kiva Fireplace and a balcony. The Master Bathroom has a separate shower and a Jacuzzi tub, double vanities and a ceiling fan. The second bedroom has its own 3/4 bathroom, (shower, no tub), single vanity. The 3rd bedroom also has a King Bed and a 3/4 bath with a door from the bedroom into the bathroom. A queen sleeper would share the downstairs bathroom with access from the living area.
The living room has a gas log fireplace, viga beamed & wooden ceiling with a ceiling fan leather sofa, with fabric cushions, two comfy chairs and a high definition 70" TV. The dining room seats 6 very comfortably. There are dishes and flatware for formal as well as informal dining--Fiesta ware & stainless steel for informal as well as porcelain, sterling & crystal for formal dining. The breakfast nook also seat 6 with a 48" round glass topped over a Lychee root with a steel base.
The full kitchen features granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, a 4 burner gas cook top with a grill, an ice maker refrigerator, dishwasher, oven & microwave. You will find virtually everything you need for preparing a gourmet dinner.
The back patio has 2 large overstuffed chairs & table in front of the Outside Fireplace for you drinks or snacks, plus a table with 4 chairs should you want to dine al fresco. The Balcony off the MBR has two very comfortable chairs with a table in between two steel art pieces and a propane chimenia if you choose to use is. It take two to light this. One to turn on the propane while another has a lighter at the ring that lights the fire.
It is about a 10 minute drive to The Santa Fe Opera and probably. Within a short distance you can find golf, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding, hot air ballooning and much more.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ME BY PHONE OR E-MAIL.
Check in is at 4:00 PM and Check Out is at 10:00 AM
Possible exceptions may be made if the property is not rented to another arrival that day. Please ask in advance so that I can make certain the cleaning staff does not appear to start cleaning before you depart.