Cottage, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 4)
About PJ Swan
We are a retired couple based in Portland who love to travel in our motor home, especially to sunny southern California in the cooler Oregon winters. We love having a place to land to enjoy time with our kids, grandkids and great grandkids at the Oregon Coast. Our kids of all ages find plenty to do and it's great fun for the whole family.
PJ Swan purchased this Cottage in 2007
Why PJ Swan chose Nehalem
Portland is getting bigger and bigger and busier and busier. We love how relaxed things are at the coast. Everyone we've met here is very friendly and has a funny story to tell. It's an ideal place to get rejuvenated.
What makes this Cottage unique
We love watching the eagles who nest in a tree across the river from our cottage and of course the herd of elk we often see grazing in the morning and evening. It's also fun to keep an eye out for river otters or sea lions and of course watching the fishermen reel in some big fish is entertaining.
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children not allowed - kids welcome but need supervision kids welcome but need supervision
Max guests: 4
- please read rental agreement carefully for rules and expectations. By booking you agree to all as outlined in the rental agreement. Thank You
Cute spot on the river
Really cute clean little spot on the water.
Nice sot for our Christmas vacation.
The riverside deck was huge entertainment, feeding birds from the rail and watching wildlife on the Nehalem river. The furnishings were mostly comfortable. TV remotes were difficult, heater was very loud. Neighbors were friendly, shower building/laundry was clean and tidy.
Thanks for sharing your experience Timothy, glad you enjoyed your visit. I have a plan for making the remotes easier as a result of your review. Yes those big furnaces can be loud in a small place, we have space heaters guests can use instead. I have double checked with manager to make sure they are available and left notes for future guests about that option.
Great location in Nehalem which is only 2 miles from Manzanita, the gem of the northern Oregon coast. Being right on the River was serene and blissful.
A couple things to be aware of:
- the bed is an older spring mattress and not comfortable; I left with a sore neck
- birds fly into the clear glass on the sun deck and it’s heartbreaking. I was able to nudge one w the broom to the opening after it tried multiple times to fly banging into the glass. :(
- the kitchen is very minimally stocked with no extras; I had to buy tin foil and was glad I brought spices and oil to cook with
- the ice maker doesn’t work so bring ice if you want it!
- in the winter it’s very DARK by 430 pm so a flashlight for guest to use would be great
- the tv in the living room had some issues (static) but it sounds like that was a new issue the manager is looking into
Yes the setting of this cottage right on the river is serene and beautiful. It is sad when the birdies get confused, we are experimenting with hanging some light sparkly beads or ribbon to help them avoid the windows. This is the first complaint we’ve had about the bed and will be looking at an upgrade in the near future.
Keeping the kitchen stocked with everything guests might need is difficult though we strive to have basics provided. Regardless, updating the listing so that’s clear for future guests is a priority.
That ice maker has been problematic off and on. The on-site manager has ensured there are ice trays in the freezer so there is access to ice in the old school way.
Great idea about a flashlight during the long nights of winter months. We have placed multiple flashlights in the cottage over the years for that purpose but they seem to disappear, another detail to add to the cleaning maintenance list so that is available for future guests. And yes, the TV issue is also being addressed.
Always appreciate feedback from guests so we can hear concerns and ideas to make a visit to the river cottage more enjoyable.
A great home away from home when in need if a break from the norm. Breathtaking few as sun rises over the river.
Perfect little cabin
This property was exactly what we were looking for even had the bonus of a dock to park our boat for the weekend... beautiful view... very helpful Property Management... looking forward to visiting again!
Glad to hear your visit went smoothly, we'll look forward to having you again!
Excellent fishing on the Nehalem River and crabbing at the mouth of the river (if you can beat the sea lions!). Just 2 hours from Portland. The Wheeler, Nehalem and Manzanita area is beautiful without the super busy touristy feel like Seaside.