Custom Designed Contemporary House by the Lake Atitlan(10 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bathroom, 4 Sleeps
2.5 Baths (Sleeps 4 )
Keywords: Contemporary House by the Lake Atitlan.
Newly built and designed by internationally well known Czech/ American glass artist and his wife, 450 m2 modern fully equipped lakefront house in the beauty of 10.000 m2 landscaped garden and “One Hundred Years of Solitude”.
Peace and quietness in comfort with more than 500 species of flowers and trees.
We want to offer our guests some independence and let them choose where they will eat each day. A large, gourmet-equipped kitchen with full-size refrigerator, five burner gas stove with oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, vast collection of pots, pans and cooking utensils allows you to enjoy your own home cooked meals with herbs and vegetables from our organic garden.
And of course, there’s a blender for those frosty tropical drinks! Our drinking Lab tested water is pure and healthy.
If guests REQUIRE, they will find the kitchen fully stocked with foods for preparing their meal. Guests must restock products while they are here, or simply pay for it.
Available only upon request! In the morning and evening, guests may dine at the house where Dita prepares tasty breakfast and dinners of homemade international gourmet cuisine, using the organic products grown on the garden for vegetarians, or freshly delivered organic meat or fish. Blueberry pie with cappuccino after you siesta time or homemade rye bread with hummus or grilled eggplant as a starter before your dinner? A selection of international wines is also available.
You can enjoy your meal in the dining which opens onto the lake or barbeque in the patio with fountain and watch hummingbirds grab a sip or two at each inviting blossom. Have a glass of wine in the pergola with spectacular
sunset or a view of active volcano in Antigua.
Or just sit on the pier and enjoy seeing the sky light up with the light of distant electrical storms as they pass by ......or jump in the lake. On top of the roof you can enjoy the different breathtaking lake views, volcanoes and the stars at the night.
You can be yourself or retired early while others are still operating the blender, rating one of the many recipes in kitchen or painting/writing .
The house has 3 large bedrooms with high ceilings and hammocks, hardwood floors, antique rugs and art collection. The sleep arrangement offer two King-sized and one Queen-sized bed with 100% cotton bed linens. Bath and beach towels and toiletries are provided.
The crystal clear water with local fishermen out in their small boats is ideal for swimming all year around.
The house is in short walking distance( exactly 1 mile) to everything San Marcos has to offer. San Marcos is one of the bright colored indigenous villages on the lake, when you can enjoy yoga, massage, Spanish class, restaurants, music, local market, or just walk on surrounding landscape of blue sky, majestic volcanoes and feel the taste of authentic culture of the Mayan people.
If your reservation is cancelled fewer than 21 days in advance of your arrival date, no refunds will be made unless the property is re-rented. If the property is re-rented, all monies shall be refunded, minus the $75 cancellation fee.
Guardian service 24 hrs upon request, maid service 3x week for main cleaning included. Laundry and childcare available for extra charge as well as private boat trips, private yoga classes, meditation, massage and guide. Wireless Internet and parking are free
Accessible by boat or car.
We are happy to arrange for airport pickup upon your arrival, recommend a good hotel in Antigua and anything you need.
Standard check in: 3 PM check out at 11.30 AM or by previous arrangement.
Member since: 2014
- 400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Included
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Master bedroom located on the 1 floor has queen bed and hammock. ( based on request it can be replaced by king size bed) Overlooking the lake with own entrance to the roof terrace and fireplace. It has own master bathroom with cast iron bathtub. 2 more bedrooms are situated on ground level of the house with direct access to the garden, one bedroom has king size bed with own terrace and hammock, overlooking the lake . the third smallest bedroom has queen size bed with view to the garden and fountain behind the house. Those 2 bedrooms share one large bathroom with rain shower located on the hallway. All bedrooms are provided with quality cotton linen....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Master bathroom located on the 1 floor has 1 toilet, 2 sinks, one cast iron large bath overlooking the lake. Next to the entrance of the master bathroom is separate men 'pissoar'room. Second bathroom has one toilet, one sink and one large rain shower, has own entrance and window, its not connected to any bedroom. Last toilet with washer is located outside of the kitchen for visitors. We include line of exclusive macadamia cosmetics shampoo, conditioner, and soaps. Facial, hand,foot, body creams are available....moreless
- We always start with for us important details as fresh flowers in each of your room@living area and of course organic coffee ready to enjoy upon your arrival. Our guest are welcome to harvest anything they like in our property. We have 3 org.vegetable gardens and more than 500 trees, incl.mango , lemon, papaya, avocado. We provide private session of yoga, massage and meditation as well as balance 'detox'diet incl.fresh juices on a daily basis. Our private taxi will pick you up at the airport and will bring you to the house. I would like to ask our guest if the party is coming for a special occasion or event. In those special cases, I'll make something sweet, bake a bread, prepare our pesto, shop for wine etc... I created a binder filled with events, places to go, local shopping info, places of worship and a restaurant guide, basic operating instructions, places to go, things to do, menus. You can design your own gift or souvenir made by our ecolibri.org women group from San Juan....moreless
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View
- Lake View:
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
Our dining area is one open space of 100m2, including kitchen and living area with open fireplace, suspended over the water with almost 180 degree view of the lake. Extra seats & catering available. ...moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Since we live in the house majority of the year and we like to cook gourmet food our place is honestly fully equipped. All condiments and spices are provided. You are welcome to harvest our or.veg....moreless
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $100 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
PRICE PER WEEK IS CALCULATED FOR OCCUPANCY OF 4 ADULTS For 3 night stay, 100% payment due at booking - I require my guest to make one payment.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: Keywords: Contemporary House by the Lake Atitlan. Newly built and designed ( 2006) by internationally well known Czech/ American glass artist and his wife, 450 m2 modern fully equipped lakefront house in the beauty of 10.000 m2 landscaped garden and “One Hundred Years of Solitude”. Peace and quietness in comfort with more than 500 species of flowers and trees.
Why the Owner Chose Solola, Guatemala:
Peace and quietness in comfort with more than 500 species of flowers and trees with private water access and view of 3 majestic volcanoes.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Total privacy in paradise with all you need, accessible by boat , helicopter or car. Kitchen fully stocked with local organic foods/products for preparing your meals and fresh juices. Private beach, all year around swimming Your healthy meal can be prepared on your request :) as well as private yoga and meditation, massage in the house.
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Ecolibri advances better health, education, environment, economy and independence for the families and communities of the Lake Atitlan region of Guatemala. Ecolibri does this work by leading, promoting and facilitating local and international resources
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
view from the living room
7 am by the lake
industrial kitchen, 5 gas burners stove/owen, cuisinart pots&pans and much mor
private garden of 10.000m2 and 100m beach
king size bed, quality bedsheet, hardwood floor, terrace, hammock, own beach
large terrace overlooking the lake, direct access to the water, hammock
Antoine de Saint- Exupery was inspired by Lake Atitlan to create Asteroide B612
master bdrm, fireplace, hammock, king size bed, roof access , lake view
walk for our gate down to the lake house
daily baked bread, fresh herbs and vegetable from our garden & coffee
100m2 of living, dining, kitchen area, antique rugs&art, hammock, fire place
optional homemade organic breakfast
Contemporary house, "Casa Rosada" as the locals call it
bathroom, ground level, large rainy shower
tranquility on 10.000m2 private garden w.beach
hallway connecting master bdrm&bthrm
master bathroom, view of 3 majestic volcanoes
welcome to our serene space
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.