About the property
- House2200 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms + Loft, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 10-12)
Spectacular 2200sf mountain home on a wooded-view lot that sleeps 12 with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Nicely furnished and decorated throughout. Large windows offer views through pine trees to the mountains in the background.
Large flat screen televisions in all rooms, high speed wireless internet.
• Main floor is an open design that includes the living room with high vaulted pine ceilings and walls, dining room and a thermostat-controlled gas fireplace on a gorgeous river-rock hearth. These rooms overlook a large deck in front of the house which is perfect for that romantic, starry night. The fully stocked kitchen and bathroom have cherry cabinets and granite counters. There are two bedrooms that open to another large deck in back of the house with views of the forest. Laundry room with washer/dryer and ironing board.
• Downstairs floor has a family room with a gel memory foam sofa bed and master bedroom with a king bed. There is a 2-sided fireplace between bedroom and family room. The bathroom has a cherry wood cabinet and granite counter.
• Upstairs floor has a master bedroom with a king bed and sitting area as well as a loft with 2 twins (trundle style). The bathroom has a cherry wood cabinet with granite counters and a Jacuzzi tub.
This home shows pride of ownership. Therefore, no party groups please.
• Master suite (upstairs): King Bed, Flat screen TV, Phone, Jacuzzi tub/shower, separate vanity with 2 sinks and large dressing area.
• Master suite 2(Downstairs): King Bed, Fireplace, Flat screen TV, Phone, shower with separate vanity area.
• Bedroom 3(Main floor): Queen bed, flat screen TV, slider to large deck.
• Bedroom 4 (Main floor): Queen bed, flat screen TV, slider to large deck.
• Loft (upstairs): Daybed (2 twins).
• Living/Dining combo room: Sofa sectional with lounger, 55” flat screen, high speed internet connection, gas fireplace, trestle table with seating for 8 and bar counter for 4, slider to large deck.
• Kitchen: Electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, toaster and coffee-maker large selection of pots, pans, bowls, etc.
• Main bathroom with tub and toilet and separate vanity area with 2 sinks.
• Laundry room inside with washer, dryer.
• 2 Large decks, gas BBQ, table and chairs.
• Oversized double garage.
• Large driveway, with plenty of parking space.
Tahoe Donner Association offers following:
• Backs to cross-country ski area that includes night skiing as well as the Tahoe Donner downhill ski hill less than a mile from the house (excellent for beginners).
• 20 minutes from popular downhill ski areas: Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, Boreal, and Sugarbowl.
• Public snow-play area.
• Tahoe-Donner and Coyote Moon Golf Courses.
• Trout Creek Recreation center with swimming pool, lap pool, 2 hot tubs, saunas, and exercise facility with various aerobic and weight equipment.
• Northwood’s Club House and Tennis center, children’s play area, archery, restaurant and bar
• Semi-private beach club on Donner Lake with paddle-boats, windsurfing, fishing, lounge chairs, snack bar and other lakeside activities.
• Equestrian center, 1 mile away.
Our home is located 40 minutes from the “Biggest Little Town in the World”, Reno, featuring gambling, restaurants and world class nightly entertainment.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
About Vince Liotta
We provide excellent customer service and we are very precise and detailed in our process of taking reservations, collecting payments, providing confirmations, emailing information, directions, and the door code, returning damage deposits, and quickly solving problems if they occur during a stay. We are always easy to reach both by phone and by email. We want your vacation to be very enjoyable and a time you will remember for a long time.
Vince Liotta purchased this House in 1984
Why Vince Liotta chose Truckee
We honeymooned in a mountain home in the Sierras, and wanted to keep that feeling alive. Every year we rented homes until we decided to build our own in a manner perfect for vacationers. We wanted plenty of bathrooms and we wanted the bathrooms to be able to accommodate people at the sinks while other are in the toilet/shower area. We wanted a large counter top for serving food in the kitchen/dining area with bar stools and a large eating area. We wanted a TV area with comfortable seating for many and the ability to watch TV from the kitchen/dining room. We wanted fast wireless internet throughout, an area where kids can play games away from the adults if they desired. We wanted very comfortable beds, two master bedrooms, a bedroom with a fireplace, a big garage, and parking area in the driveway for several vehicles. We wanted large decks for outdoor living with views of mountains and forestry. We chose this location and built this home to fulfill all these wants and more.
What makes this House unique
In the Spring, Summer and Fall we love sitting on the large deck in the back with the large pine trees, views of the forested mountain, and spectacular sunsets. We love the Pine ceilings and looking at the trees through the windows. We also love that our place is in a mountain wonderland with great hiking trails right out the back and very few automobiles and people; and yet is is only a few short miles from swimming/water sports, golf, tennis, and shopping. In the Winter we love that we can xcountry ski right out of our garage onto Tahoe Donner's great trail system and we can walk just one mile to the Tahoe Donner downhill ski area that is inexpensive and great for beginners. We also love that we can drive only 20 minutes to any of the big four ski areas: North Star, Squaw, Alpine, and Sugar Bowl. We also love the cozy gas fireplaces that provide lots of heat, are thermostatically controlled, and yet look like wood burning fireplaces.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great location and nice large home for family and kids
Home was very comfortable and affordable. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because a hot tub was listed as an amenity and was also shown in pictures but was not actually present during our stay.
We have a Jacuzzi Tub in one of the two master bedrooms, but we do not have a Hot Tub. We will look closely at our VRBO ad to ensure the correct boxes are checked for a Jacuzzi bathtub and not a hot tub. We no longer have a hot tub on the property as we felt it could have been a health hazard, but there are hot tubs and spas at the nearby Tahoe Donner Trout Creek Recreation Center.
Super nice owner! Prefect 3-story house for three families with young kids!
The owner Vince has been very responsive before, during, and after our stay. Super nice people to deal with! The house is extremely cozy in winter with one fireplace on every floor as well as almost everything you need for a stay. After ski (Olympic valley is only about 25 minutes away), we three families (each family with 2 adults and 1-2 young schoolers) gathered together, having fun at the living room; at night, each family got separate space for the whole floor. Will definitely come back again!
Beautiful property. Very clean and comfortable. Just what we needed for our stay in Truckee.
We loved our stay at this property. We met and stayed with out of town relatives and had a great time. The property was very clean and well cared for. Linens were neatly organized, kitchen was clean and well stocked with dishes, pots and pans and cooking utensils. Very comfortable and quiet at night. Will definitely be staying here again!!
Very nice and clean cabin. We enjoyed our stay there.
Great for our small family reunion
The set up of the house was perfect for our small family reunion (7 adults, 3 children and one brand new baby). There was plenty of room if we all wanted to be together in the common areas and yet plenty of space for us to retreat to our rooms for a few moments of quiet.
My only suggestions would be to increase the amount of wash cloths provided (there weren't enough for all of us), provide more paper towels (one roll wasn't enough) and make sure the propane isn't empty.
We loved sitting outside on the deck and enjoying the beautiful scenery. Several of the members of our family took advantage of the pool and private beach access and really enjoyed that.
We would definitely return for another get together!
This home was really nice. Exactly as shown in the pictures. Everyone was comfortable (we had 7 adults and 3 children). Location was great and the owner was easy to reach and very friendly. I would definitely rent this house again.
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellation Policy Give this much notice: Your refund will be: 15 weeks 90% 12 Weeks 70% 9 Weeks 50% 6 Weeks 30% Less than 6 Weeks 0%