Unique Telluride Carriage House with Private Deck & Stunning Views(14 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
1 Bedroom, 1 Queen Sofabed,1 Bathrm, sleeps 2 well, 4 if w/kids or good friends!
Unique: One of the few free-standing carriage houses in Telluride, this little gem is lovely and unique. Unlike condos where you have to worry about what's going on in the next unit, or from people ' walking' over your head, you are completely separate from your neighbours in this compact little house. Whilst similar in price to these condos, you have more room to move around with it's unique design. The deck is the icing on the cake, with a small gas grill, two chairs and a bench plus cushion that allow for hours just relaxing in the sunshine, while taking in the spectacular mountains around you. If you are looking for a unique 'home' for your time in Telluride, this is it.
Light and airy: Although it's small, the number of windows in the house gives a feeling of open space, with plenty of light and cross-breezes in the summer, and the warmth of the sun in the winter. The light wood panelling enhances that feeling of warmth, and gives you a sense of belonging for however long your stay may be. Downstairs in the bedroom, you have privacy with the up/down blind, which also allows light to filter through, so it's open and airy (and at street level, so not a 'basement' feel). In the winter, the underfloor heating means you'll never be cold, even in the marble floor bathroom.
Location: Right near the River Trail that winds it's way along the San Miguel River in and out of town, the house is located on a quiet back alley, halfway between Lifts 7 & 8 - and the free Gondola to Mountain Village. And only three blocks to the top end of town (the Court House), and all that has to offer in terms of restaurants, nightlife and day time shopping.
For more details on this home, please visit our website: www.abfabescapes.com
Our house is also listed by our Property Managers with HomeAway (Listing 911480) & VRBO (376353).
Town of Telluride Business License # 12476.
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2009
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- The bedroom is not huge, but amply big enough for two side tables, and to walk around each side of the queen size bed easily. The closet (with three sliding doors) is along the side wall of the bedroom and runs the length of the room. It has a top shelf (which usually stores spare pillows/blankets etc.) to put larger clothing items on, or to stack away suitcases. There is no inbuilt shelving, but there are two, 4 tier hanging shelving units on each side of the closet space. There's plenty of hangers and hanging space for long or short clothing. There is a laundry basket on the floor of the closet in the middle cupboard. The two sets of golf clubs (ladies and mens) for guest's use are usually stored on the left side of the closet next to the hanging shelving units. There is high quality carpet in the bedroom, and a large window with up/down blind. Designer side-table lamps allow for reading, and a large floor lamp gives extra light as needed. Bedroom linen has just been upgraded....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The bathroom is compact with separate toilet, heated tiled floors, and a lovely steam room combined with shower. Not much room on the top of the vanity, but a large storage space underneath, and further bathroom storage in the cupboard above the toilet. The medium sized washing machine and dryer (stacked) are at the entrance to the bathroom, with an ironing board tucked in the small space either side of these (iron is usually in the vanity unit)....moreless
- This small carriage house is best suited to a couple, however, it can definitely cater to a couple with children, or two couples who don't mind the slight lack of privacy, as there is a good queen size sofa bed in the living room that is easily set up at night. The large dining table caters for 6-8, and there is crockery, cutlery and cookware for a small dinner party! The kitchen cupboards are mostly taken up with these (usually two to three cupboards are left empty for non-perishables), but there is space for storage on the counter, and of course in the large fridge. A lovely and full-size oven/range with four hobs means cooking is a pleasure, and the full-size dishwasher complements that! Parking is NOT provided, however, a Pacific Ave street parking permit is available from the property managers on checkin. The parking pad next to the house is not for our home. This house will not disappoint if you are looking for a home away from home....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Beach Chairs
Deck / Patio:
Gas Grill, 2 nesting side tables, 2 single chairs, 1 iron bench with cushion & 1 two-seater chair with cushion for your use. A large standing umbrella is available for shade during hot summer months....moreless
- Golf Clubs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
Pool / Spa
- Steam Shower
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 2 - Feb 16, 2017
3 night min stay
Feb 17 - Mar 18, 2017
3 night min stay
Mar 19 - Apr 2, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning $100
- Taxes Not included
Rates are subject to change & negotiable, please check with owner.
Summer Festival rates cover: Mountain Film; Bluegrass; The Ride; Telluride Film; Blues & Brews.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Named for the 90-mile-long San Miguel River, San Miguel County is home to some of southwest Colorado’s most amazing natural sites, including Bridal Veil Falls—the longest free-falling waterfall in Colorado—and the Old Spanish Trail—a 1,200-mile historic route that started in Santa Fe, touched the Telluride region and continued on to Los Angeles.
At the heart of San Miguel County are two unique communities: Telluride and Mountain Village. Each with its own charms, the two towns are connected by a free gondola, the only transportation system of its kind in North America. Rooted in history, Telluride is both a bustling ski town and historic jewel. Clapboard storefronts house independent art galleries, old-time bars and delectable eateries. Neighboring Mountain Village offers a modern take on nature and features expansive views and world-class accommodations. During winter, Mountain Village features convenient access to the slopes of Telluride Ski Resort.
- Primary: +1 9179126206
Links to more information:
Cocktail hour view
Kitchen with quality appliances
Living/Dining from Kitchen
Living area with wine rack
Entertainment - books, DVDs, CDs (pull out LCD TV in cupboard)
Looking back from Living area to front entrance
Entrance to bathroom (with washer/dryer) and bedroom
Looking back up stairs from bedroom
...and a sunny winter's day (the usual for T'ride)
Living/Dining area from front entrance
Kitchen from Dining area
Flat screen TV pulled out of cupboard facing sofa (can be moved to face dining table or kitchen).
Stairs going down to bedroom & bathroom (outdoor cushions hanging over railing)
...and covered in snow...
View from bed up the mountain (blind is top down)
Bathroom w/steam shower & seperate toilet. Washer & dryer tucked away here also.
The freestanding carriage house from the alleyway.
Alpenglow over Ajax
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.