Riverfront Cabin with Panoramic Views, Hot Tub & Seclusion
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
*For a view of the views and setting from the riverside of the cabin, please see our video tab at the top of the page*
Panoramic views of the Sandy River from the great room, dining room and kitchen.
An unforgettable mountain retreat where the views, sounds and smells of the river and trees will reconnect you to your senses….
Sink into the serene and charming Wildwood River Cabin - an ideal mountain getaway less than an hour's drive from Downtown Portland. Just a few feet in front of the Sandy River, the cabin sits nearly secluded on its aged lot amongst towering fir, pine and cedar trees. From the great room you will see and hear the water as it gently winds its way down the mountain.
The knotty pine walls, vaulted ceilings and custom pine woodwork throughout the cabin make it an especially warm and cozy retreat for you and your loved ones. The open great room includes a clear-glass woodstove and a wall of windows offering a panoramic view of the river through the wildwoods. Outside, take a soak in the hot tub under the trees while sinking into the sights, smells and sounds of the mountain.
We warmly welcome you to the Wildwood River Cabin for a treat that will relax and restore you...
* Wow! We love this place with its abundant serenity and charm. You’ve done a wonderful job putting this cabin together, very thoughtful and concerned that all who are here have an enjoyable stay. Your love and sensitivity are pervasive in this cabin. Thank you for creating this refuge from a crazy world. We feel renewed and recharged to face it again.
Many blessings, Doug and Teresa
* Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. Just a few weeks here, oh no, it was just a few days that felt like weeks of calm and peace. Can’t wait to return to your wonderful river retreat!
Linda & Christy & Lucille P.S. A very dog-friendly place.
* What a beautiful home you have here! We were in awe as we entered the cabin. The entire setting was restful and replenished the spirit. Our family had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Thank you. We hope to be back again.
The Mellin Family
* What a perfect peaceful honeymoon spot after a frantic wedding-planning month! We spent most of the week in the kitchen (and hot tub!) We will miss the sound of the river and the silence of the cell phones! We’ll be back for anniversaries!!
The Brand-New Vogt’s
* This place is so beautiful we did not want to leave. The kids and dog had so much fun playing in the yard with the snow and throwing rocks in the river. Thank you for sharing your home!
The Kind Carson Family
* The view out of the window every morning is so peaceful and serene. The weekend was the calm and restful mini vacation that we were really needing. Thank you, we will be back.
Dave and Terri
* Wonderful, splendid, pleasant, amazing, beautiful, cozy, warm… The sound of the river is soothing to my ears… the kitchen was too inviting, ate way too much good food, hot tub was hot, river was cold…the warmth of the surroundings made us both feel at home. The selection of games in the closet is fantastic.. Yahtzee is my new favorite game, as were the horseshoes.. so much fun!! Got a lot accomplished before 10am.. more than back in the city! Will definitely be back soon…best wishes Adam & Suzy
*Thank you for a lovely place to enjoy this beautiful wilderness. We’ll be back again and again. – Jen & Pete
*Wonderful. Relaxing. Idylic. Rested – couldn’t ask for more. Warm Thanks, Zoe & Lura
Keywords: Charming,Private,Cozy,Riverfront Cabin
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Queen size Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 23 - Jan 3, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 1 - Sep 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 1 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cabin Cleaning Fee $65
- Pet Fee $25 + tax
- Hot tub fee $50 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 7.08%
All prices based on 2 person occupancy, each additional guest over 3 years of age is $15 per night. One well behaved dog also allowed for a $25 fee. Additional dog considered on an individual basis. Pet policy applies.
NO CHECK IN or OUT on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or New Years Day.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: I'm a small business owner living with my family in Portland Oregon. I practice Acupuncture + Chinese Medicine and absolutely LOVE the outdoors! Pictured here with me is our son Jensen and our malamute puppy Akino. :)
Why the Owner Chose Welches, Mount Hood Village, OR, USA:
We chose Mount Hood because of it's proximity to Portland and all of the wonderful outdoor activities available there. In less than an hour we can be up at the cabin enjoying the hot tub by the river! We chose the property because out of all of the properties on the market at the time, this one by far had the best views of the river and the most privacy/ seclusion. The sounds of the river too were so loud you could even here them throughout the cabin!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
This property is stunning - we fell in love the moment we passed from the driveway side of the property to the river side of the property. Evergreens and poplars cover almost the full acre of land, the views and sounds of the river were so potent and in front of the cabin across the river there is green space - all giving my partner and I the sense that we were a million miles from the Portland although we'd been in the office only a hour or so before getting there! Words, even pictures, can't fully describe what a peaceful and restorative experience this place offers. This, combined with the fact that it takes less than an hour to get there from downtown Portland, and we were sold!
- Secondary: +1 5032038682 After 9am and before 10pm please
- Fax: +1 503-493-9518
Links to more information:
Views of the river through the dining and living rooms from the kitchen
Kitchen with example of custom wood cabinetry that is found throughout the cabin
Main bath with knotty pine ceilings, walls + custom cabinets as in rest of cabin
View of river from lving room through doors.
from carport, hot tub privacy screen (left), wood shed (right), house (middle)
Hot tub in the snow with the views and sounds of the river just a few feet away
Living room with woodstove and views of the river
The 2nd bedroom also furnished with a queen bed
Hot tub cover gives privacy and protection from elements but has views of river.
View upstream from from firepit.
hot tub and view of river
Master bedroom - furnished with a queen sized bed.
Living room - woodstove on the left with views of the river through the windows
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 04, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.