The Green House -Handcrafted Beach Home-1.5 Blocks to Beach(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-90 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 1.5+ Baths, (Sleeps 8-9)
This chalet style home is set back from the street, providing room for gardens and off street parking. The lovely light and airy living room, spacious windows and French doors open onto the expansive sundeck. Full sun, market umbrellas, lounge chairs, tables and a barbecue creates a relaxing and beautiful outdoor living space. Three unique bedrooms, spa bath and chef's kitchen are all provided for your enjoyment and pleasure in this unusual home.
We are located near Twin Lakes' Beach and the Yacht Harbor, midway between Capitola and Downtown Santa Cruz (both 10 minutes away). There are six fabulous restaurants within walking distance, ranging from a Hawaiian grille to a high-end Italian restaurant, and a favorite, Southwest inspired Nuevo Grill. If you prefer a short walk down the beach to dine you will arrive at the yacht Harbor, the popular Palomar Mexican restaurant and the Crow's Nest. The Crow's Nest is a great place on Wednesday to watch the sailboat races or enjoy the sunset, a glass of wine and a bite to eat, great appetizers.
Blacks Beach is at the end of 14th Avenue (our beach), and is a local's favorite. The beach is stunning and offers some of the best sunsets in Santa Cruz. It's great for boogie boarding and swimming. It is a lovely stroll from Black's Beach, past Twin Lakes Beach to the Yacht Harbor. Dogs are allowed on the beach on leash and bonfires are allowed at night.
HISTORY: The Green House was hand built from 1950 to 1955 by a family working together to create their dream. The beautiful cedar for the walls and ceiling was brought from the forests of Washington state, wonderful Victorian doors and a fireplace mantle were recovered from old Santa Cruz mansions. The Green House features many gables, odd roof lines, wall angles, small nook spaces, creative staircases and the unusual scalloped molding that was hand cut with great care. With the home on the second level and an additional bedroom on the third level the Green House has beautiful light and the airy feeling of a tree house.
• SLEEPS 1 - 8: Perfect for families or couples traveling together.
• 3 BEDROOMS: Master bedroom with king size bed and crib, middle room has a queen size bed and two bunk beds, attic room has queen size bed. Reading lights, extra blankets and extra pillows are provided. A fold out futon resided under the king size bed for your use.
• 1 SPA BATHROOM and 2 HALF BATHS: The spa bath is a dream come true with a Jacuzzi tub, two shower heads and two sinks. Plus an additional half bath in the attic bedroom and a half bath off of the living room.
• FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: Two drawer dishwasher, five burner gas stove, oven , microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster and a sno cone maker for the kids! All cookware, dinnerware, utensils and linens to set a beautiful table.
• AMENITIES: Cable TV with DVD players in both the living room and master bedroom, high speed DSL, laundry facilities (washer, dryer, laundry soap, iron, ironing board), sundeck with gas and charcoal BBQ's, beach mats, sand toys, cooler, fireplace and wood, fully equipped kitchen, high quality linens and towels, CD's, board games, books and, very important here in Santa Cruz, ample off street parking for you and your guests.
• PROVIDED FOR GUESTS: Fresh cut flowers, coffee from Santa Cruz Coffee Roasting Co., information on what is available to do and see in and around Santa Cruz and doggie treats should you desire to bring your pet.
Keywords: House, Great for Families, Beach, Deck, Pet Friendly, Kid Friendly
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Bunk Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Jetted Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter in Santa Cruz
Nov 1 - May 15, 2017
90 night min stay
Summer in Santa Cruz
May 19 - Sep 15, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning $200
- Tax Rate 11%
We can rarely accommodate arrivals or departures on Saturday or Sunday. Please plan to stay for an entire weekend and arrival/depart Monday through Friday for tiimes when we accommodate rentals less than one week. For high summer season weekly rentals the weeks run from Friday to Friday.
MONTHLY RENTALS: The refundable deposit for monthly rentals is the same at the monthly rate and move out cleaning will be charged based on time needed to restore the house to its pre-rental status.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: I have been lucky to live in Santa Cruz most of my life. I grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains and moved into town in 8th grade. After leaving the area for college and travel, I found myself back here. It seems for many, Santa Cruz is a difficult place to leave. I purchased the Green House and Cottage in 1994 from the original owner and builder of the main house (Green House). Soon after, I met my partner, michael, we created our 'dog family ' (now four) and in 2009 we gave birth to our baby girl Emelia. Converting the Green House and Cottage into vacation rentals is our solution to me being able to 'take Emelia to work', rather than go to daycare. She is a wonderful 'helper' and I feel very lucky to be able to spend time with her while offering others the opportunity to enjoy the property.
- Primary: (831) 462-3470 (California, USA) Kim Cupp of Santa Cruz Sand Vacation Rentals
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Your home...the Green House...
Fully Appointed Kitchen, Limestone Countertops, Double Drawer Dishwasher
Dining room with expanding table to seat eight
Attic bedroom with window dormers and great light.
Half bath in attic bedroom.
Double sinks in the spa bathroom
Everyone wants their paws in the sand!
Splash, splash, splash...
Expansive Living Room with Cozy Couches, Fireplace, TV and nook
Game, breakfast or reading nook in living room
Connecting kitchen and dining room with seating for eight.
Master Bedroom with Vaulted Ceiling and French Doors Opening to the Deck
Hallway bedroom with queen bed and a set of bunk beds.
Jacuzzi tub perfect for relaxing after a day at the beach...
Large Deck with Grills Overlooking the Garden. Perfect for an Evening Dinner!
The end of 14th Avenue and entrance to our amazing beach.
Don't forget the marshmellows!
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, January 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.