Private, Recently Updated Home a Short Walk Down Private Path to Skaket Beach(3 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 bedroom, 2.5 bath Sleeps 10
Located at the end of a cul de sac and situated on 1.3 acres, this spacious 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home provides wonderful peace and quiet, but with all the conveniences you desire, such as whole house Wi-Fi, satellite HDTV with premium movie channels, and nearby coffee houses and markets. Best of all, it's just a 0.6 mile stroll from the white sands and sunsets of Skaket Beach! You can walk to the beach using a private sand path in just 15 minutes and you'll be able to enjoy the calmest part of Skaket Beach - the best beach on Cape Cod.
The home is convenient to everything Orleans and the outer cape have to offer as well. Ride just 0.5 miles to the Cape Cod Rail Trail bike path. Drive to the ponds, freshwater fishing and hiking of Nickerson State Park - just 1.5 miles away. Drive to the surf of the Cape Cod National Seashore - just 9 miles away. Golf, fantastic restaurants, delicious ice cream are all nearby.
This inviting home easily sleeps 10 people and has plenty of space for two families and even your extended family. The first floor offers an open living space with a large family room, brand new kitchen, dining room, and brand new large screened porch. There is plenty of comfortable seating and tables for calm breakfasts, seafood dinners, and family game nights. There is also plenty of access to the outside so you can enjoy the calm of the 1.3 acre yard.
The kitchen was fully remodeled in 2016 with new cabinets and a peninsula for eating. It has new appliances, including a refrigerator with in-door water/ice, a dishwasher, microwave oven, and stove/oven.
The main family room has a cathedral ceiling with exposed beams. It offers a big screen HDTVwith DVD player and opens to side deck and a screened in porch with a chest of board games.
The dining room has a large table that seats 8. It opens to a large screened porch for fresh-air dining and relaxation.
The first floor also has:
1. A master bed room (21'x13') with adjoining bathroom that provides the convenience of first floor living. It has a king size bed, flat screen HDTV, and full size bath with a wonderfully powerful shower and air-conditioning.
2. A second bedroom that includes two twin beds, flat screen HDTV, and an in-room air conditioner. This bedroom also has easy access to the full size bath.
3. A large (16'x16') screened porch that is brand new for 2015/16. It has a cathedral ceiling, is easily accessible from the kitchen and dining room and provides great views of the yard.
4. A half bath and laundry room off the family room.
5. A second family area with fireplace, game-size coffee table, and a futon couch for additional sleeping options.
The second floor offers two large, private bedrooms with air-conditioning. The first has a queen size bed, two twin beds, and a flat screen HDTV and DVD player. The second bedroom has a king size bed, television and DVD player. Both bedrooms access a full bathroom with a large whirlpool tub.
Outside the home gives adults the deck space and seating to relax and enjoy the early morning or evening sea breezes. The 1.3 acre yard gives children plenty of room to run, play yard games, and explore in a private, safe setting. Enjoy the outdoor shower when you return from the beach!
Member since: 2012
- 2212 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Holiday Resort
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 3 - Jun 2, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 3 - Jun 23, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 24 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sep 2 - Jun 22, 2018
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Taxes Not included
$500 refundable security deposit is required.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Located 0.6 miles from the white sands of Skaket Beach and 1.6 miles from the restaurants and coffee shops in downtown Orleans, this home provides the perfect place to relax and enjoy a week away.
Within a short walk, bike, or drive are:
- The white sands and sunsets of Skaket Beach (0.6 miles)
- The surf of Nauset Beach (4.7 miles)
- The Cape Cod Rail Trail bike path that goes from Provincetown to Falmouth (0.5 miles)
- A major supermarket and pharmacy (0.4 miles)
- The best coffee shop on Cape Cod (The Hot Chocolate Sparrow) (1.6 miles)
- Too many breakfast, lunch and dinner spots to name (within 1.6 miles)
- The unique shops of Orleans Center (1.6 miles)
- Fantastic ice cream (The Hot Chocolate Sparrow) (1.6 miles)
- The bike trails, hiking trails, freshwater swimming, freshwater fishing, and boat rentals of Nickerson State Park. Best of all, it's free to get in. (1.5 miles)
- Two championship golf courses at The Captain's Golf Course in Brewster (6.3 miles)
- The Wellfleet Drive-in Theatre/Wellfleet Cinema. The drive-in is a classic! (9 miles)
- The Wellfleet Flea Market at the Drive-in Theatre. (9 miles)
- The sport fishing fleet of Rock Harbor (1.6 miles)
- Bowling alley. Great for a break from the sun. (2 miles)
- Snow Library. Great for a break from the sun. (2 miles)
- Tennis courts. Wonderful courts for $5 rental at Eldredge Park (2 miles)
- Cape Cod Baseball League games at Eldredge Park. See some of the best college baseball players before they make it to the big leagues. Best of all it's free. (2 miles)
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History in Brewster (8 miles)
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We grew up in Massachusetts and currently live in Lexington, MA with our three young boys, twins that are 13 and their 'baby' brother who's 9. We have been life-long visitors and explorers of Cape Cod.
Why the Owner Chose Orleans, MA, USA:
About 10 years ago, we began to fall in love with the Orleans area and the Outer Cape. It was the unspoiled beaches, the ruggedness of the terrain, and the recreation options that caught our attention. We knew we wanted to make it part of our lives forever. The whole family, especially our children, who were ages 9, 9, and 5 at the time, fell in love with 20 Hofe Road the moment we entered the home and we hope you do too. It's a sanctuary - located on 1.3 acres at the end of a cul de sac and just a lazy stroll to Skaket Beach, which we consider to be the best beach on Cape Cod. In this home it's easy to get away from it all, yet stay connected to the beaches, shopping, night life, food, and recreation that Orleans and the outer cape have to offer. It's just a short drive to the cliffs, dunes, and surf of Nauset Beach and the gorgeous Cape Cod National Seashore. We never get bored of exploring Cape Cod's beauty and we invite you to share this experience.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This home has a unique feel. Tucked away in a wooded area, the home immediately made us feel relaxed. Inside, the home is detailed with natural and painted woodwork that creates such a comfortable and peaceful feeling. It immediately made us feel at home. But I have to say that the spacious yard (part of 1.3 acres of land) creates a feeling that we have really escaped from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. An occasional rooster crowing from a nearby home just adds to that experience.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to your home away from home, let's take a walk to the beach
The spacious 1.3 acre yard.
Dining room room opens to kitchen and large screened porch. Ethan Allen furn.
Large screened porch has views of the 1.3 acre yard and seating for 12+
Family room with HDTV TV access to side deck.
New master bedroom has new king sized mattress. Located on 1st floor.
1st floor bedroom bedroom has two new twin beds (added 2016) - perfect for kids
Living room 1st floor has stereo and fireplace.
Screened porch stocked with board games.
2nd floor bedroom with king sized bed and TV.
Twin beds in the second floor bedroom.
The white sand and calm, warm waters of Skaket Beach
New kitchen opens to the dining room. Quartz counters, tile floor.
Dining room has access to new screened porch (added 2016).
Dining table in porch. Offers easy access to outdoor shower and yard.
Family room has access to small screened porch and side deck.
1st floor master bedroom has large closets, smart TV with Roku (streaming video)
First floor bathroom with wood vanity and fantastic shower.
Screened porch with access to side deck and yard.
1st floor half bath/laundry has new washer/dryer (2014).
2nd floor bedroom has queen bed and two twin beds for your family.
2nd floor batch with fantastic shower and whirlpool tub.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.