Nestled within the tranquil hills and valleys of the Appalachian Mountains of North-West Georgia, Peavine is the perfect place to relax and enjoy this fantastic and unique environment. Appreciate the spectacular views of Pigeon Mountain to the West, where the changing fall foliage will never fail to surprise and delight.
Completed in 2005 and opened for rental in March 2011, this beautifully decorated, 2300-square foot spacious 'hand-hewn' log cabin crowns its own hilltop location and was featured on VRBO commercial Jan 2018.
It sits at the end of a long private dirt and gravel road on a secluded 36 acres of meadows and woodland.
As you drive up the inclined & slightly bumpy private access road you start to get a feeling of the surrounding landscape and the true privacy of the property. When you arrive at the crown of the hill, Peavine overlooks the awesome splendour of Pigeon Mountain to the West.
Upon entering the cabin you are encountered with a large vaulted hallway with an overlooking first floor gallery. The aroma of the traditional hand hewn log walls filter throughout the cabin creating a noticeable and very relaxing atmosphere.
One side of the entrance hall leads to the open plan family room/dining area, the other to the downstairs bathroom, bedroom 3 and the games room/office.
The family room/dining area has comfortable seating with a sofa and lounge chairs together with the dining facilities. A brickwork fireplace incorporates a Cast Iron Stove (Gas), where in the colder months creates a homely, welcoming ambience. There is also a 42” HD flat screen TV with satellite channels, together with Netflix for your entertainment. The dining area overlooks the West facing patio where you have views of Pigeon Mountain.
Leading off from the dining area is the coffee lounge/kitchen which provides a relaxing space to just chill and enjoy the views of the mountains and wildlife. The large kitchen overlooks the swimming pool and includes a full-size range, refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, dishes, pots, dishwasher, blender, coffeemaker and toaster. Just about everything you would want home-from-home in the kitchen.
The downstairs bathroom incorporates a separate shower and bath tub.
Upstairs is divided by the main staircase. One side leads to the Master bedroom, together with separate Master bath tub. The other leads to bedroom 2, with separate shower room.
The rear porch deck and swimming pool is accessed from the kitchen/coffee lounge. Here you can enjoy the hot tub and the seasonal private heated swimming pool. The heated pool provides fantastic exercise and entertainment for young and old. Alternatively, you can just simply relax and experience the feeling of well-being in the warm waters of the hot tub on the rear deck. In the evenings, as the sun starts to set, get hypnotised by the sounds of the Whippoorills and the sleepy sounds of the Katykids as you cook on the outdoor gas or charcoal BBQ grills.
Be sure to walk the peaceful, wooded trails on our secluded 36 acres and take in the natural wildlife from birds and butterflies to the majestic deer. If you are lucky, you may see some wild turkeys.
Whatever you choose to do with your time, relaxing, hiking or sightseeing at the many nearby attractions, rest assured, you will make many wonderful memories at Peavine.
Located 50 minutes from Chattanooga, 2 hours from Atlanta & Birmingham, 40 minutes from Cloudland Canyon & De Soto Falls.
- Completely private heated swimming pool (Summer Season Only)
- Hot Tub on the Porch Deck.
- 3 spacious bedrooms with comfortable mattresses to accommodate 6 people, including Bedroom 1 with Queen Size Bed, Bedroom 2 with Queen Size Bed and Bedroom 3 on main level with 2 Single Beds.
- Cast Iron Stove in Family Room (Gas).
- Free High speed internet, WiFi.
- Video Gaming Room/Home Office with Xbox 'ONE' and 2 'XRocker' gaming chairs. Dedicated 48" HD TV.
- Home Office equipment includes 24" LED computer monitor, Laser Printer & Scanner, Wired Internet connection (Ethernet). Just bring your laptop & plug in! (Computer NOT supplied).
- 42” 1080p HD flat screen TV in the living room, 32” LCD TV in upstairs master bedroom.
- Free Local Calls.
- Fully-equipped kitchen, full-size stove, refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, dishes, pots, dishwasher, blender, coffeemaker and toaster.
- Full-size separate washer and dryer.
- Linens and towels provided.
- Fully furnished and tastefully decorated in the style of a traditional Log Cabin.
Keywords: Log Cabin, Mountain Views, Private Pool, Secluded, Romantic Hideaway, Family Friendly
We love this area of Georgia and have another, newly constructed property close by. We are confident that the excellent reviews from Peavine over the years will leave you feeling comfortable in exploring our contemporary new project.
Pinhoti - VRBO - 1244446