Charming Country Cabin by a Stream
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
PHOENICIA was FEATURED in TRAVEL & LEISURE'S 25 EASY WEEKEND GETAWAYS issue of May 2013.
MID WEEK= 2 Night MIN
WEEKENDS = 3 Night MIN
If you are paying by Credit Card. There is a 3% fee. We are being charged for that and that will be taken out of your security deposit. If you wish to pay by Echeck, there is no booking charge.
The house sits near a fishing stream overlooking a waterfall with large rock formations and private woods meandering through 5.75 acres of pristine woodland. Our charming and meticulously maintained Catskill cottage is nestled on a hill above the babbling brook with great southern exposure and crystal clear night sky's. Whether you snuggle up in front of the wood burning stove or beneath our 500 thread count sheets, you'll have all the comforts of home. The Cabin has a private Master Bedroom, two single twin beds in the Sun room and a Twin size bunk bed - there is ample room for 6. All the beds are fitted with down comforters and plenty of extra blankets to keep you warm on a cold night.
The kitchen is equipped with modern appliances. Including a microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker and kitchen aid mixer. Complete with skillets and baking pans, you'll have no problem creating the perfect rhubarb apple pie or fluffy morning pancakes.
During those nice hot days, you can relax outside in our chaise lounge chairs and a nice dinning table. Lay down on the lawn and hear the stream roar.
Located in the Woodland Valley, the house is minutes away from the towns of Phoenicia, Woodstock and the Belleayre Ski Center. And 35 minutes from Hunter Mountain Ski Resort and the town of Tannersville.
For the adventurous: Hiking trails exist throughout the Woodland Valley as well Tubing and Fishing.
For the weary: The Emerson Spa and Zen Mountain Monastary will recharge your batteries.
• Check in is at 3 pm & check out is at 11 am. Early check-in or late check out is usually allowed as long as there aren’t guests in the house or checking in on the same day. If there is and you are not out of the cabin by 11am and you are holding up the house cleaner, there is a fee of $30. for each hour. Please confirm with us before making any plans.
•Please don’t park your car on the lawn, try and stay on the gravel. Only 2 cars can park on the drive way and there is additional parking spot by the road.
•Strictly NO smoking in the house.
•Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper down toilet. All other items will clog the septic system.
•All the countertop kitchen appliances should be off and unplugged. Make sure the stove/oven is off when you leave.
•If extra cleaning is necessary after check out (excessive use of linens, or too much dirt in kitchen or other areas) an extra fee will be charged. This includes a sink full of dishes.
•MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 6 GUESTS. No Events, Weddings, Film or Photo Shoots without prior written approval.
•STORM/OUTAGE POLICY: No refunds will be given for storms. Owners do not refund or give compensation due to road conditions or outages. Prepare yourself with a 4X4 vehicle during winter months, which often have heavy snowfall.
•PET POLICY: No Pets Allowed. If you bring your pets without prior approval, we will terminate your your stay.
•FIREPLACE & GRILL: Tenant are responsible for brushing outdoor grill clean and indoor fireplace of debris for next usage. Fees may apply if these are not cleaned properly. We do not supply you with charcoal. The firewood at the property is for our personal use. If you would like to purchase firewood from us, that can be arranged. But we do supply your first bundle during the cold nights.
•Please do not re-arrange any furniture. In-door furniture should NOT be taken outside.
•OUTDOOR FURNITURE: Cushions should be placed back into storage bench and should not be left out at night. The umbrella should be closed every night and left closed once you check out.
•TRASH RE-MOVAL: Trash must be taken to the road Monday Night for Tuesday Morning Pick-up.
•Recycling appreciated: There is a recycling bin.
•Books and contents: Should be left in the house.
•Please leave the house in the condition you found it.
Member since: 2013
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Cabin Rules •Check in is at 3 pm & check out is at 11 am. Early check-in or late check out is usually allowed as long as there aren’t guests in the house on the same day. Please confirm with us before making any plans. •Please don’t park your car on the lawn, try and stay on the gravel. Only 2 cars can park on the drive way and there is another parking spot by the road. •Strictly NO smoking in the house. •Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper down toilet. All other items will clog the septic system. •All the countertop kitchen appliances should be off and unplugged. Make sure the stove/oven is off. •If extra cleaning is necessary after check out (excessive use of linens, or too much dirt in kitchen or other areas) an extra fee will be charged. This includes a sink full of dishes. •MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 6 GUESTS. No Events, Weddings, Film or Photo Shoots without prior written approval. ...moreless
- Game Room:
- Away From It All
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Stove:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 28 - Dec 19
Nov 28 - Dec 19, 2016
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Xmas & New Year's
Dec 20 - Jan 1, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Cleaning Fee $100
- Taxes Not included
1) There is no smoking in the house.
2) We do not provide charcoal for the outside grill.
3) During the winter season, we only provide one bundle of fire wood for the Wood Stove during your stay. You are able to purchase Fire-Wood, but please let us know in advance, so we can arrange wood for you.
4) The fire-wood that is at the cabin should not be used for the fire-pit.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Cabin is nested in theCatskill Mountain. Menla Mountain Retreat Center is just up the road from us and you can take a yoga class if you like there. There are many hiking trails near the cabin.
Year Purchased: 2013
About: Frankie works in fashion in New York City and Andrew is a Contractor.
Why Phoenicia, NY, USA:
We purchased this property because we were breath taken by the beauty and peacefulness of this piece of land and charming cabin. This house is nested up on a hill with it's very own creek. We also found that this area is very close to ski resorts and tubing in the summer.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Porch room, twin size bed on the right.
Bathroom toilet and shower.
Stone path leading to the front of the cabin.
Porch room, twin size bed on the left.
Outside of the porch bedroom.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM