House: Sleeps 6 Upstairs Master bedroom has a Queen bed, Private Balcony with Ocean view, and Attached full bathroom; Second upstairs Master Bedroom has a Queen bed, Jungle view, and Attached full bathroom; Third bedroom is downstairs with Queen bed, Ocean view and Jungle view
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - With swimming pool children need to be water safe With swimming pool children need to be water safe
No smoking - Heavy fine for smoking in the house...See belowHeavy fine for smoking in the house...See below
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 30
- Cancellation if written notice is 30 days or more before occupancy then 100% refund of payment or if written notice is 14 days before then 50% refund
- Damage/Security Deposit of $800 is required as a Temporary Authorization only on credit card during stay at property. Is Released at end inspection
- This is a Non-smoking property...Due to fire hazard, a $3,000 fine will be charged for any Loss or Damage due to Smoke inside the House or in casita
Minimum 1-day vacancy between guest stays
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Cleaned with disinfectant
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets)
Follows industry health association: SafeStay (AHLA - USA)
Follows regional health guidelines: SG Clean (Singapore)
Claire & Carol
About Claire & Carol
Living in southern California, our family has always enjoyed outdoor activities at the Beach, swimming, surfing, snorkeling, Nature, and hiking. Our interests then were a perfect fit to purchase a home at the beach in Costa Rica on the Osa Peninsula. Our favorite beaches in the Osa Peninsula are Playa Ballena, Playa Ventanas, and Playa Hermosa.
Why Claire & Carol chose Uvita
We fell in love with the spectacular ocean views and surroundings of the gorgeous rain forest scenery and natural wildlife in this secluded home in the Uvita area in the Southwest Pacifiregion of Costa Rica. The Costa Rican people are very warm and friendly, and made us feel welcome. This private rain forest area around Casa Aracari is very special with its lush green natural environment and abundant wildlife. Being surrounded by Nature is a peaceful and renewing experience. The home was designed by our friends Eva and Warren and constructed by local Tico contractors plus some of the finest woodwork by local artisans. We are thrilled with the way the home blends so seamlessly into the Rain forest.
What makes this House unique
We have a property manager who lives in another home in the area and can assist you with any questions, home maintenance, and other information about the area while you are staying in our home.