Five Oaks by-the-Sea, the perfect Maritime seaside escape.
Beautiful seaside ‘Lunenburg Bump’ house, just a few minutes from the Town of Mahone Bay. Five Oaks sleeps 10 comfortably so it’s perfect for family gatherings. The house is twenty five years young and built to replicate a traditional 1700’s Cape house with Lunenburg Bump. Most bedrooms have sweeping views of the Bay. A large deck, overlooking the water, makes outdoor conversation and meals a breeze. The property faces 300 feet of shoreline with views of majestic Mahone Bay. Walk along Hanson and Hirtles Coves on one of the area’s distinctive and peaceful cove roads. Children will love exploring the rocky shoreline at low tide.
There are five bedrooms, two on the main floor and three on the second floor, including a two room linked family suite. A beautiful living room complete with fireplace looks out onto the Bay. A separate family room, also with a working fireplace, contains all the technology families need, including a large 42” flat screen TV and DVD player. A pretty Lunenburg Bump lookout sitting area on the second floor is the perfect place to read or talk over morning coffee. The home has beautiful pine wide board floors throughout.
A newly renovated kitchen and dining room, complete with new appliances and all the comforts of home was completed in 2012. The house is Wi-Fi equipped. Outdoor dining is perfect on the house’s new front deck. There is also a new gas BBQ. Amenities also include two bathrooms (one three piece and one four piece).
We’ve furnished Five Oaks with a combination of old and new – new beds and couches complemented by lovely antiques from the area. Egyptian cotton sheets and fluffy white towels make the place feel like home.
Local stores carry wonderful local favourites like fishcakes and lobster rolls, blueberry scones and warm raspberry muffins. You can eat in or sample some of the many terrific restaurants in Mahone Bay, Lunenburg or Chester. All three towns are just a short drive away.
Great local beaches include Hirtles, Crescent, Green Bay and Rissers. Drive your bicycles along the many curving roads that hug the sea!
Here are the specific details:
• Green Bedroom (queen bed)
• Blue Bedroom (queen bed), ocean view
• Yellow Bedroom (queen bed with dormer, ocean view)
• Acqua Bedroom (two twin beds with dormer, ocean view)
• Family Bedroom (queen bed, extra room for portable crib)
• Ocean facing, lovely views of Mahone Bay
• Antique furnishings
Dining Room connected to Kitchen (renovated in spring 2012)
• Lovely country kitchen with new appliances,
• Attached new dining area with lovely round antique table perfect for family gatherings
• Seats six
Lunenburg Bump sitting room
• Two lovely chairs with ocean view
• Perfect for reading or quiet conversation
Two Bathrooms (one 4 piece, one three piece)
• Main Floor, four piece bathroom (shower and tub)
• Upstairs, shower only
• 42 inch television
• Great for curling up and reading a book, playing board games with family, or watching movies
• Have your morning coffee or late afternoon drink watching the passing boats while sitting on the fun fish shaped Adirondack chairs. Chairs and table also available for outdoor dining.
Keywords: House, seaside cottage, vacation home, ocean frontage,