Jon and Megan welcome you to our charming little farm and B&B in South River, ON. Our 33 acre farm includes lush forest and extensive organic gardens producing a bounty of fruits, vegetables and beautiful flowers and a variety of delightful creatures for your entertainment. You will see horses peacefully grazing from the porch, eat fresh eggs from our lovely heritage laying hens and enjoy some delicious home cooked meals.
Once a hunting lodge in the 1920's Deer Lake Lodge sat dormant for many years. After the purchase in 2011 we have slowly breathed life back into the house, barn and property. We now have 3 extensive organic gardens where we grow heirloom and heritage variety fruits and veggies. The barn which sat vacant and neglected now houses horses and the occasional cow. The house which used to have 11 bedrooms now sleeps 7 people comfortably.
Our house is available to rent for the week for $1200 per night/room is $125 - $140.
Weekly bookings based on 2 adults 2 children. Extra persons is $50 per person /per night
We are located across the road from beautiful Deer Lake and 7 minutes to either Eagle Lake or Spring Lake. All 3 lakes offer some amazing boating experiences and fishing.
South River offers a variety of things to do in all seasons
* Dog sledding With Sugar Dogs Adventure Tours or Chocpaw Adventures
* HorseBack Riding
* Hiking or Biking the Forgotten Trails of The Almaguin Highlands
* Locally Brewery Tours and Sampling at Highlander Brewery **Award Winner since 2011
* Guided Nature Hikes
* Canoeing adventures for beginner to advanced
* Canoeing lessons & Rentals from Swift Canoe Company
* Amazing Bird Watching
* Music and Entertainment at The Bean There Cafe
* Quilting Retreats
* Restaurant Tours
* Local Festivals and much much more