Enlisted Men's Mess Hall/Screened Inn - North End Duplex! Beach Access!
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
13A Cedarwood Ave., Tybee Island, GA, 31328
This historic Ft. Screven structure has been completely restored and renovated.
Layla Palmer of The Lettered Cottage fame has completely redecorated this amazing home!!! Originally built as one of three Mess Halls for the fort, this home has had a long and colorful history including time as a boarding house. Now a duplex, _The Mess Hall_ features tall ceilings with ceiling fans, extra large windows in every room, hardwood floors and wrap around screened porch.
Fenced-in yard with the island's largest eucalyptus tree, large palms and live oaks. Two blocks from the North Beach, 5 minutes from the Tybee Light House Station and the North Beach Grill restaurant. The Jaycee Park (ball fields, walking path, playground) is located directly behind the home.
Ground level, easy to access, pet-friendly.
Complimentary off-street parking for 2 cars.
Minimum Age Requirement: Must be 25 years of age to rent this property.
PLEASE NOTE: Longer minimum stay requirements of up to 7 nights will apply during certain times of the year including holidays and our summer season.
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- 1 Queen bed, 2 Twin beds
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The Enlisted Men's Mess Hall/Screened Inn duplex is ground level with just a few steps to the front door. Each side of duplex has its own huge screened porch and separate fenced yards, with comfy seating, original art from amazing local and regional artists - we love to support our local art scene! Duplex is located on Tybee Island's quiet north end and is within walking distance to the historic Officer's Row, Tybee lighthouse, North Beach, restaurants and shops. History buffs will especially enjoy Enlisted Men's Mess Hall/Screened Inn duplex. It was originally one of 3 mess halls for Fort Screven and has a colorful history including time as a boarding house. Each side of duplex rents separately and guests can rent either side of the duplex or can rent both sides if desired for large family gatherings, multi-family or friends' vacations, etc. Ask our reservationist for more details about this wonderful, unique, historic property; a special place to make wonderful beach memories!...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Feb 28, 2017
2 night min stay
Mar 1 - May 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency ($) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the manager / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Why Tybee Island, GA, USA:
Tybee holds so many good memories for me. I grew up in Savannah and, in my teenage years, spent every spring and summer weekend at Tybee (then called Savannah Beach). One of my mother's best friends lived in Fort Screven and we visited with her family often. I loved the old homes (large and small), the big porches, the mossy trees and the relaxed beach life. I fell in love with Screened Inn before I ever saw it in person. I happened upon Layla and Kevin Palmer's blog and video of its renovation and called to arrange to see it.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
I love the old hardwood floors, the sense of history in the house and its peaceful location.
- Primary: +1 912-704-4618
- Secondary: +1 912-658-1550
Links to more information:
Enlisted Men's Mess Hall - fenced yard and huge wraparound screened porch
Enlisted Men's Mess Hall - Spacious living area with lots of natural light
Enlisted Men's Mess Hall kitchen
Enlisted Men's Mess Hall - queen bed with 100% cotton linens! Relaxing!
Another view of the second Bedroom at Enlisted Mens' Mess Hall - 2 twin beds.
Second Bathroom - Enlisted Mens' Mess Hall
Screened Inn - kitchen and dining area
Another view of living area - Screened Inn
Screened Inn - first bedroom - queen bed - 100% cotton linens - very comfy!
Screened Inn - 3rd bedroom with another comfy queen bed and a twin bed!
Screened Inn - one of the bathrooms; this part of the duplex has 2.5 baths
Enjoy Mermaid Morning Bliss Coffee at Enlisted Mens' Mess Hall & Screened Inn!
Enlisted Men's Mess Hall - beautiful, bright cheerful porch - comfy seating!
Another view of liviing area - Enlisted Mens' Mess Hall
Enlisted Men's Mess Hall - dining with seating for 4
Enlisted Men's Mess Hall - 2nd bedroom; twin beds; very spacious and bright!
Enlisted Men's Mess Hall - one of the 2 bathrooms; bright and beachy!
Floor plan - Enlisted Men's Mess Hall
Screened Inn - living area with plenty of seating; lots of room for families!
Details in living area - Screened Inn
Screened Inn - second bedroom with 2 twin beds - perfect for kids!
Screened Inn - twin bed located in the 3rd bedroom along with queen bed
Screened Inn - a second bathroom
Floor plan for Screened Inn.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 03, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM