Our cottage is nestled on 350' of private beach between the amazing Indiana Dunes and breathtaking Lake Michigan. There are 3 bedrooms. The master bedroom has a queen size bed, the 2nd bedroom has a double bed and the bright and cheerful 3rd bedroom has 2 twin beds.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay1 - 7 nights
3 bedroom cottage on the beach.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Sep 22, 2018
About Susan Brandstetter
My sister, Ericka, and I manage our beach cottages which have been in our family since the 1920’s. It is our goal to create an environment in each cottage that is as unique and beautiful as the Indiana Dunes are themselves. And, when you are ready to step beyond the beach and magnificent Lake Michigan, whether you are interested in birding, hiking, theme parks, fairs, antiquing, shopping or museums we will gladly point you in the direction of any one of our areas numerous natural and cultural treasures.
What makes this Cottage unique
The Indiana Dunes region is known for its beautiful beaches along Lake Michigan (the fifth largest fresh water lake in the world). Just beyond those beaches lie some of the world's largest sand dunes, created by glacial deposits, lake currents and wind. This is an area rich in history, ecological diversity, outdoor fun and family friendly small-town charm. When you are ready to take a break from swimming, playing on the beach and climbing the sand dunes there are many excellent restaurants, cafes, shops, museums and other inland charms to discover and enjoy.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
A very pleasant experience. A new view of lake Michigan for me and my family. Accommodation we're cl
I would gladly return.
This little place was the perfect way to enjoy the Indiana Dunes. The house is nicely renovated and immaculate inside. It has all the comforts of home. The kitchen is completely furnished so you can prepare all meals at the house if you choose. You can see the state park down the beach and it just a couple minute walk to the trails and big dunes. We especially liked the deck overlooking the lake and the beach right outside the door. The owners are excellent to work with!!! You can't go wrong.
We stayed for a long weekend in early May and while the weather didn't provide much fun (windy, cold, rainy!) the cottage was absolutely perfect. Windows which allowed great views of the lake, just a 10 minute walk on the beach to the Dunes State Park and all the amenities you would need. Will definitely be making our way back here in the future.
Clean, right on the beach, walking distance to Indiana dunes, and beautiful sunsets.
The owners make renting easy and are trustworthy. There are no hidden fees.
Cozy Cottage with Amazing Views!
We loved this little vacation getaway and couldn't believe how close it was to the water! When we first arrived, the weather was cold and windy, but the views out the windows were so amazing I could have just sat by the windows and watched the water all day. My three young children did get a little antsy inside though, so we took the owners suggestion of visiting some of the local libraries and they had a ton of great kids activities. The following day warmed up and we spent hours playing in the sand on the beach, just steps below. The sunsets were beautiful every night, and the owners were great to work with!
• GREAT location! Literally ON the beach-- and just a short walk to the Indiana Dunes State Park lakeshore
• Clean, well maintained living areas. Kind of a beach/cabin feel that worked. Plenty of towels and kitchen items. Also lots of beach toys for the kids and other outdoor items (bbq, fire pit, canoe, kayak) We just didn't get to use most of those due to the cooler weather, but I'm sure they would be great to have around during the warmer months!
• Very helpful owners! Gave us plenty of good ideas of where to go when the weather wasn't the greatest, and were very responsive if we needed anything!
• Close driving proximity to local restaurants and other things-- but easy enough to just stay at the cottage your whole stay too-- every thing you need is there! (cable tv, wifi, full kitchen to make your own meals, etc)
• Long walk down stairs to cabin from parking (this is how you get so close to the water! But nice to be aware about in advance so that you can plan your packing accordingly and have to take as few trips up/down as possible)
• We weren't huge fans of the drinking water. Totally drinkable/useable, but I think we are spoiled with our more filtered water at home, so will just plan to bring some of our own next time.
• Off season felt more private, but you do have possible neighbors below and in close proximity next door to you on both sides, so may not be AS private as you want. Our kids liked it as they are always making new "friends" but several times I had to remind them not to bang around so loudly in the mornings as we didn't want to disturb the guests below us.
Lovely cottage, fantastic views, perfect location!
My husband and I stayed with our two small children, and we had a wonderful time! The cottage itself is charming...modern, well-equipped, and clean with original woodwork and doors throughout. Wonderful open layout in the common areas, but it was easy to find areas of privacy as well. We've stayed in beachfront homes before, but this is literally the closest we've ever been. Walk right down the stairs from the deck to a private beach that has a ton of beach toys as well as paddle boards and kayaks to experience the lake. The location can't be beat. The neighborhood is private, and it's only a short walk down the beach to dunes and the state park. It's also a short drive to other attractions, grocery stores, etc. We enjoyed watching sunsets from the deck and seeing the Chicago skyline across the lake. We'd recommend it and would love to come back ourselves!
Our cottages are situated on the borders of the Indiana Dunes State Park and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, two of this regions greatest natural treasures. Here you will find outdoor recreation of all kinds. The Dunes region also offers many cultural attractions as well, such as museums and historic sites. There are also many excellent dining and shopping establishments near by.
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed. All adult guests must sign a Duneland Rentals, LLC Waiver and Release of Liability Form. The maximum occupancy is 6 people (adults and children). Additional day guests and visitors are not permitted without expressed written consent. There is a charge to change reservation dates. Guests wanting to change reservation dates or reduce the number of nights staying are subject to an additional reservation change fee. The is a $200 cancellation fee.