Lakefront Family Retreat Off the Beaten Track Near Lake Placid(55 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
LAKEFRONT HIDEAWAY with VIEWS of WESTERN HIGH PEAKS
• Ideal as a family retreat (maximum capacity 4 adults and no children OR 2 adults and 3 children)
• The loft is adjacent to the owner's residence. It is private and is the only rental on the entire 1.7 acre property.
• The lakeside deck, floating dock, canoes, kayaks and small sandy beach are shared with the owner's family and grandchildren.
• The loft and property are totally smoke-free environments
• Shallow sandy beach facing south is perfect for small children
• 2 Canoes and 2 solo kayaks are available at no additional cost
• From the dock and lakeside deck, there are expansive panoramic views of the western High Peaks and Ampersand Mountain
• Wildlife such as bald eagles, loons and osprey are often seen at Oseetah Lake
• The lake side fire pit accommodates family campfires
• The loft is nestled among the treetops with abundant natural light and panoramic views of surrounding forest and mountains.
• Living space is designed in a clean, fresh and uncluttered manner with hardwood floors and artisanal wood-work finishes emphasized by high cathedral ceilings and large bay windows.
• Kitchen is thoroughly furnished for cooking and includes designer concrete counters and island as well as All Clad cookware.
• Wood burning stove provides additional warmth for cozy evenings.
• Gas fired Weber grill on the loft deck overlooks the forest and lake.
• Two cozy bedrooms w/one King bed, one Queen bed and a full size futon (in the living room). They enjoy natural lighting.
• Full bathroom includes shower, bath and large mirror.
• Families may view DVD’s on the LCD TV but no network service is available.
• Onkyo iPod docking station and stereo receiver
• A wireless network allows connection to the world at large.
• A land line phone is available for calls in the U.S.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2012
- 850 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 5
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- Wood paneling, lots of natural light
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Wood paneling, concrete counter, glass shower enclosure
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
FALL WINTER SPRING
Sep 1 - Jun 23, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 24 - Sep 2, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning fee $150
- Tax Rate 5%
MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE: Two adults with three children or four adults
Standard rates listed are for two adults and up to three children. There are no additional charge for up to three children
Additional charges apply for more than three adults as follows: $50 per night for an additional adult.
Check in for Oseetah Lake Loft is anytime after 4:00PM the day of arrival. Check out is before 10:00AM the day of departure.
One time cleaning fee $150 per stay including trash disposal.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Other Attractions & Activities
•Quiet retreat, with peaceful lake, south facing beach and dock with panoramic views of the Western High Peaks.
•Located at the western edge of the ADK High Peaks and directly connected to some of the best canoeing in the Northeast.
•A short drive to the towns of Saranac Lake and Lake Placid yet off the beaten path and away from noisy crowds.
•Easy drive to major trailheads for great hiking in the High Peaks.
•Canoe directly from our beach to pristine Pine Pond and to 25 miles of rivers and lakes in the Saranac Chain of Lakes.
•Eagles, loons, osprey, great blue heron, fox and deer are commonly seen.
•The 1.1 mile private access is itself an interesting walk; it leads past flowery meadows and wild spruce/tamarack forests, across an open marsh with views of the High Peaks (reminiscent of the Big Sky country of Montana) and finally to the mature forest of 100 year old white pines and mixed deciduous woods where Oseetah Lake Loft is nestled.
•Great bass and pike fishing
•The 1.7 acre property has a south facing sandy beach (ideal for young children) and woodland paths leading to “Sunset Island”, perfect for a deeper swim and/or watching sunsets.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: The resident owners are avid hikers, canoeists, X-country skiers and nature photographers and enthusiasts who love to share their years of knowledge about hiking trails and waterways.
Why the Owner Chose Saranac Lake, NY, USA:
We selected Oseetah Lake because it enjoys easy access to Lake Placid and Saranac Lake as well as providing a quiet retreat with world-class views of the High Peaks across the lake. Our favorite outdoor activities, cross country skiing, hiking and canoeing, are at our door step.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
• Secluded yet minutes away from Lake Placid and Saranac Lake • World-class canoeing and kayaking on the Saranac Chain of Lakes from our dock • Panoramic views of Western High Peaks and Ampersand Mountain from the new lakeside deck • Lake side fire pit for family campfires • Wildlife viewing of bald eagles and loons • View gorgeous sunsets over Ampersand Mtn from 'Sunset' Island
- Primary: 518-891-3097
- Secondary: +1 516-315-1948
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Oseetah Lake Loft
Kitchen & Dining Area
Living Room with Futon
Bedroom with Queen Bed
Lakeside Fire Pit for Evening Camp fires
Panoramic View of Western High Peaks from Lakeside Deck
Sandy shallow beach
Fall Morning at the Lakeside Deck
Sunset Island and Ampersand Mountain
View of Ampersand Mountain from Sunset Rock
Bald Eagle Picture Taken near Dock by Guest in May, 2014
Bedroom with King Bed
Private Deck and Weber BBQ
Lakeside Deck and Sandy Shore
Dock and Deck on Oseetah Lake
Beach and Seating- great for children watching
Early Morning Paddle on Oseetah Lake
Oseetah Park Road
Ampersand from Dock
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, May 29, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.