Beautiful Elk Mountain Ranch Adjoins Over 2 Million Acres of National Forest!(55 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-4 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Secluded Mountain Ranch, Serene, Peaceful, Beautiful & ONLY 15 minutes to Cd'A!
The two streams are Marie Creek, which has high water in the Spring and early summer, along with several large pools of water and log waterfalls into mid-July. By early to mid-August, Marie Creek goes underground by the ranch. It continues to run above the ranch in the National Forest. Searchlight Creek runs the north-south length of the ranch and in front of the house. Searchlight Creek runs year round and is a perfect creek for children to play in the creek and the pools.
Home is 4,000 S.F with 6 Bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, 2 Stone Fireplaces and a great Western Decor!
Elk Mountain Ranch was homesteaded in 1908 and the Deed is signed by President Theodore Roosevelt, on display at ranch. The center of the current house was built in 1930, and retains much of the charm of that time period. The later additions are very western and rustic.
This family ranch was offered as a Vacation Rental beginning May 1, 2014 for the first time. The furnishings and décor are that of a high quality, Western motif reflective of the love we have for this beautiful ranch.
The ranch is 150 acres with access into the National Forest. You can pan for gold in the creek! You can bring your Mountain Bikes or Cross Country Skis and stay for a fun-filled vacation summer or winter! We do provide sleds for our awesome sledding hill and snowshoes to use on the ranch or into the adjacent National Forest land.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- Chateau / Country House
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
We have a Children's Play Room filled with toys: 2' high Wooden Barn & Horses, Barbie Dolls, Dinosaurs, Little Boy's Workbench & plastic tools, Stuffed toys, Toddler's Doll Stroller & Lawnmower, Potato Heads, Books, Games, Puzzles for all ages. We also have a Baby Package with the following items available to use: Baby Bed with bedding (We will set it up ahead of your arrival if you let us know), High Chair, GRACO Baby Car Seat, Toddler Car Booster Seat, GRACO Stroller....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
Pets are welcome, completely housebroken (no puppies). We have a dog crate available if Pet is left alone in the house. Another option is that the Pet may be left in the entry 'Mud Room,' which would be more comfortable than a crate. We have a large Costco Pet bed and stainless steel food & water dishes for your Pet. The Pet fee is a non-refundable $20 fee. You can bring more than one for the pet fee. ...moreless
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- BALCONY SUITE has a Queen Bed and is on the 2nd floor with it's own stairway and bathroom with a shower. It has two balconies; outside & inside. The SILVER ROOM is on the main floor and has a Queen Bed and is across the hall from a full bath. The MOOSE ROOM has a Queen Bed and is on the main floor. The WOLF'S LAIR has a single bed and is on the main floor. The BEAR'S DEN is on the second floor and is in the original 1930's-vintage portion of the house. It has it's own stairway and has two single beds and a full size bed. Bear's Den also has a 1/2 Bath. The NATIVE AMERICAN Bedroom is on the second floor and has a full size bed; also has it's own stairway. There is an extra Queen size hide-a-bed in the REC ROOM, if you need extra sleeping on the main floor. The original 1908 Cabin is now a one room BUNK House with very rustic bunk beds just for fun! We also have a 20' Tipi to play in or to sleep in for a native experience; and we're planning a 2nd 24' Tipi by the trout ponds....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Property adjoins U.S. Forest Service and Horizon Equestrian Park. The Park provides miles of great hiking trails maintained by the Backwoods Horseman's Association. The Forest Service land offers hundreds of miles for 4-Wheeling, Riding, Snowmobiling, Hunting, Huckleberry Picking, etc. Neighboring old time family ranch offers Guided Trail Rides, Family Barn Night, Wedding Facility, Wagon & Hayrides, Evening Dinner Rides with chuck-wagon steak dinner on their private 1,000 acre ranch: www.riderranch.com for more details. We are also just minutes from Wolf Lodge Steakhouse, Nationally renowned for giant 'Cowboy' and 'Cowgirl' steaks! Elk Mountain Ranch is ten minutes from Wolf Lodge Bay on Lake Coeur d'Alene; and also the Wolf Lodge Exit (#22) of Interstate 90 can take you to the City of Coeur d'Alene in five minutes; or you can go east into the Silver Valley with Skiing at Silver Mountain, Mine Tours, Water Park, Gondola, Summer Concerts &Tubing on the Coeur d'Alene River....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 12 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
New Gas Forced Air Furnace; 2 working fireplaces* plus room heaters, wall heaters & electric fireplace. * We have a woodshed full of firewood which we furnish & wheel barrow/sled to transport wood....moreless
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils
Full kitchen: Large pancake griddle ( pancake mix & syrup provided), toaster, blender, baking dishes, turkey roaster, full door of spices, and lots of misc. small appliances, dishes, pots, silverware....moreless
Basic Food Staples if someone wants to cook or bake; Full Spices, Coffee, Tea, Pancake Mix, Basic condiments. If you forget to bring something, we don't want you to drive to town for an item! ...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 3 - May 1, 2017
2 night min stay
May 2 - Oct 1, 2017
4 night min stay
Oct 2 - May 1, 2018
2 night min stay
May 2 - Jun 15, 2018
2 night min stay
Jun 16 - Sep 5, 2018
4 night min stay
Sep 6 - Oct 1, 2018
2 night min stay
Oct 2 - May 1, 2019
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Cleaning Fee $150
- Pet Fee $20
- Taxes Not included
CANCELLATION POLICY: 100% REFUND IF CANCELLED AT LEAST 60 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL TIME; LESS A $25 Cancellation Processing Fee. If Cancellation is after 60 days, a refund will be considered, in the event of a verifiable emergency.
CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 PM AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11:00 AM. In the off season or when we don't have guests leaving and coming on the same day, we can be flexible with those times.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT: THE DAMAGE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED IF THE NUMBER OF GUESTS EXCEEDS 12 OR THE NUMBER SPECIFICALLY AGREED TO BY THE OWNERS.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Elk Mountain Ranch is in the area known as Wolf Lodge which is a north/south valley lying north of Wolf Lodge Bay of Lake Coeur d'Alene. The Lake is just ten minutes from the ranch; there are docks,marinas, several restaurants, boat launching, lakefront park at Higgins Point. and public sandy beach areas from Wolf Lodge Bay all the way back to the city of Coeur d'Alene. Coeur d'Alene is a total of 15 minutes from the ranch, with all the amenities of 'The City By The Lake' an easy an breathtaking drive along Lake Coeur d'Alene! There is not one traffic light between Elk Mountain Ranch and Coeur d'Alene!
Coeur d'Alene now has a brand new Zip Line which overlooks beautiful Lake Coeur d'Alene ! More information at www.ziptimberline.com.
Year Purchased: 1970
About the owner: Elk Mountain Ranch has been in our family for over 40 years. My Dad was a German Artistic Stone Mason as is evident at the ranch. Our family immensely enjoyed and loved living at the ranch. We enjoyed foreign guests who came and stayed at the ranch, and it was such a wonderful experience, we decided to officially offer the home as a Vacation Rental. My parents lived there into their late 80's, as it was such a healthy environment. The ranch is now a wildlife reserve and timber farm. We live a short distance away which is convenient for care-taking the home and property. When you stay there, you have the home all to yourself!
Why the Owner Chose Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA:
Elk Mountain Ranch is one of the most unique and beautiful properties in the Northwest. We found it amazing to feel so remote, secluded and peaceful and yet we could commute into Coeur d'Alene in 15 minutes for Shopping, Groceries, Restaurants, Church, Social Activities, Art Shops, the City Beach, or Silverwood Theme Park. In the photo we are tubing on the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene River which is just 25 minutes east, via Interstate 90.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
At Elk Mountain Ranch you can imagine it is 1906 and experience the peace and observe the wildlife just like the first pioneers did! ....If you'd rather golf at the World's only floating green, that is only 15 minutes away!....If you'd like a 'Cowboy steak' that is so huge you can't eat it all, that is 10 minutes away at the famous Wolf Lodge Inn & Steakhouse!
- Primary: 2086643819
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Bear's Den; 2 additional single beds not shown in photo.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.