Luxury Provençal Villa 3 Minutes' Walk to Medieval Village(38 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 Double Beds, 1 Studio, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8-9
Golf Courses: On an average of 30-40 minutes’ drive from 'La Plantade' there are 11 outstanding golf courses. Most of these include driving ranges and lessons. They are located in areas also renown for good restaurants, such as in Mougins, where there are 2: Golf de Valescure and Golf de Cannes Mougins. In Valbonne there is Golf d'Opio Valbonne and the Victoria Golf Club, whilst in Grasse there is the Golf de Grasse Country Club and Golf de Saint Donat. Closer to the coast in the famous glass-making village of Biot there is the Golf de Biot. If you want to be very near the coast then just beyond Cannes in Mandelieu-La-Napoule there are another two: Riviera Golf Club and Golf de Cannes Mandelieu. Further afield there is the Monte Carlo Golf Club and another in Tende, Golf de Vievola. Some of these also have pools, tennis courts and riding facilities.
Skiing: There are a number of ski areas within easy driving distance of 'La Plantade.' Winter 2005 saw 5 snowfalls of c 20 centimetres each on the Riviera. The nearest ski area is Gréolières-les-Neiges at 30 minutes’ drive. Its altitude is 1400-1800 m covering more than 1000 ha. There are 10 lifts serving 3 blue, 3 green, 15 red and 2 black runs over 30 kilometres. A drive of slightly over an hour takes you to the ski area of Beuil-Valberg at an altitude of 1430-2100 m. There are 52 ski runs served by 22 lifts: 6 black, 22 red, 13 blue and 11 green and 24 kilometres of cross-country trails as well as 12 kilometres for snow-shoeing. There is also go-karting on ice for the kids! Driving 1.5 hours towards Italy takes you to the ski areas within the Mercantour National Park. These are Auron Tel: +33 (0) 4 93 23 02 66), Saint-Etienne de Tinée (Tel: +33 (0)4 93 02 41 96) and Saint-Dalmas le Selvage (Tel: +33 (0)4 93 02 46 40).
DISCOUNTS ON P & O FERRIES: If you are taking the ferry to get to France discounts are available, please contact the owner for further details.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2005
- 200 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Main house: 1 Master Bedroom - Large Double - 160 cm - (5'3') Bed with En suite and Terrace with views to sea and village; 1 Double - Large Double - 160 cm - (5'3') Bed with view to village; also a very comfortable fold-out Bed is best accommodated in this Bedroom 1 Twin - 2 x 90 cm - (3') Beds - can be made up into one Bed as Large Double (180 cm or 6'). Separate Studio: En suite, Twin Beds (2 x 100 cm (3'4') Beds) and Kitchenette....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Because 'La Plantade' contains very good quality antique furniture it is generally not advisable to bring small children. The layout of the house is as follows: a 2-story Main House (having a Master Bedroom & En suite Bathroom on the ground floor and 2 further Bedrooms - 1 Double & 1 Twin - sharing a Bathroom on the 1st floor) with a lower ground floor Studio containing a Kitchenette with Bathroom and Twin Beds. The latter is adjacent to the pool. The large Reception Room with open fireplace and adjoining Dining Room on the ground floor (see photograph) is surrounded by a sunny terrace and a shaded pergola where there is a dining table for 8 people and another for 4. The Kitchen is small after the Provençal fashion but serviceable with all the necessary equipment from microwave to dishwasher. Washing machine and drier are next door in the downstairs cloakroom. Typical French shutters keep out the worst of the heat in high summer but fans are provided. In winter heating is electric....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Broadband Access
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 2 - May 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Middle Season V
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017
4 night min stay
Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Middle Season V
Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2017
4 night min stay
Oct 1 - Dec 10, 2017
4 night min stay
Dec 11 - Jan 14, 2018
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $105.51
Except for High Season, there may be a reduction for stays over 1 week. The amount depends upon the length of the stay. There is a charge for the heating In winter, the heating is charged at €0.50/Kwh, exclusive of the hot water heating. There are complementary logs for the fireplace.
Security deposit of 1,000€ is payable upon confirmation of the booking and is returned approximately 2 weeks after departure provided all is in order
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Tourrettes-sur-Loup is a beautiful medieval village situated on a hilltop overlooking the blue Mediterranean and its adjacent promontories. Built as a refuge over 1200 years ago against the invasions of the Saracens it became in the 20th century a place renowned for attracting artists of all persuasions: poets, painters, musicians, sculptors, film directors and movie stars. Among these were Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Claude Lelouche (of 'A Man and a Woman' fame), and Jacques Prévert.
Today its narrow pedestrian streets contain a wealth of artistic shops. There are art galleries, textile weavers, ceramic potteries and original jewellers. Four outstanding restaurants nestle in its alleyways.
Ten minutes away is famous St. Paul-de-Vence with its innumerable art galleries and the renown Fondation Maeght, home to a vast collection of Miro's, Giacometti's, Calder's, etc.
Further afield to the south the glamour and sophistication of Nice offer exciting nightlife complete with casinos, theatres, concert halls and the opera together with high-end world-class shopping.
The excitement of Cannes and its film festival are only 35-40 minutes away while Antibes with its world-class marina - considered the biggest and best in the Mediterranean - is even closer. Its elegant centre and fascinating Picasso waterfront museum are not to be missed.
Going north you encounter the romantic 'arrière pays' where life continues in the old ways and for the daring sport enthusiast there is paragliding and even skiing in the winter at Gréolieres.
Often at Christmas time you can be sitting in your shirtsleeves in the sunshine enjoying the view to the Mediterranean while contemplating the afternoon's skiing expedition!
Year Purchased: 1986
- Primary: +44 7940594701 Not after 11 p.m.
- Secondary: +44 2073856264 Not after 11 p.m.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Night View of Pool, House and Mountains
A Lesson in the Binary System overlooking the Pool
View of Pool from Terrace
Pool Crystal Sculpture under Magnolia
View from Reception towards Southwest-facing Terrace
Corner in Reception to relax in
Kitchen with Pergola on Terrace outside
1st Floor Twin Bedroom
Ground Floor Master Bedroom with Library
Studio Bedroom under Terrace with Bar & Kitchenette in background
L'Heure Bleue - which is also a perfume!
View From Driveway
Pool with loungers
Pool View towards the Mountains
View towards Sea from Southwest-facing Terrace
Reception and Painting by Ghirardi with Bergères
Reception with Fireplace
First Floor Master Bedroom
First Floor Bathroom - located between Master and Twin Bedrooms
Ground Floor Ensuite Bathroom for Master Bedroom
Back of House with Pergola to Kitchen to right
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.