For Rent: 'Relaxation, Beauty and Pine Trees'(49 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
The idyllwild bungalow is decorated in the style of the arts and crafts period. We like to call it 'the stickley cabin', after the famous maker of arts and craft style furniture.
It is in the fern valley section of idyllwild, which means that it is lovely, close to town while feeling miles away.
The large yard means you'll feel a real sense of privacy and serenity.
Appropriate for 1 or 2 couples. Warm, inviting, calm. One bedroom, one large bath, a fireplace, two large decks, and dog friendly. There is a bonus room with a fold out bed.
We have a CD/record/tape player, an ipod dock, board games and books.When we rent, we also provide a 'renter's handbook' with additional info about the cabin, the neighborhood, and local activities. We are always adding to this handbook to make it as informative and helpful as possible.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- The Master Bedroom adjoins the bathroom; it is comfortable, with lots of storage. It has views of trees and sky! We provide 2 sets of linens, plus blankets & comforters. The very large 'Bonus Room' is in the lower level of the cabin. It has a queen size fold out futon couch. It is available to rent spring through fall. It is not insulated, so we do not rent this space in winter. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Game Room:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Botanical Garden
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
In addition to the full size refrigerator & gas stove/oven, we have a microwave, toaster, waffle iron, coffee grinder, cappuccino maker, cooking tools, and dishes (including vintage Jadeite!)...moreless
- Deck / Patio
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $45
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 10%
NOTE: Pricing will vary for major holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas for example) and during the Jazz Festival.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
So many reasons to visit The Idyllwild Bungalow in Idyllwild!
1) Our yard shows all the changes of the seasons! Fall color (the oak trees on our property turn bright yellow and orange), Snow in the Winter, (we are on a well maintained road, so you can enjoy the snow without the hassle), flowers in the Spring, (the yard is carpeted with blue Lupine flower) the sun in Summer...(and everything so green)!
2. Nature: We've spotted cotton tailed rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, bluejays and woodpeckers on our property; we've seen deer wandering casually just blocks away.
3. Good Coffee! We've got a cappuccino maker in the cabin, and excellent coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks & dessert at restaurant within walking distance (Cafe Aroma) (A leisurely walk there - with dogs - takes about 15 minutes).
4. Idyllwild has a Jazz Festival, a Film Festival, and an active arts scene, as well as a movie theater showing newly released films. We're happy to help you with whatever you may be interested in.
5. Walking. We live in a great walking neighborhood. You can stay on fairly level ground (walking roughly north/south) OR you can get a nice mini workout walking the hilly areas (roughly east/west).
6. Hiking. Our cabin is very close to the trail head at Humber Park, and to the Ernie Maxwell Scenic Trail (an easier hike).
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We are a pair of psychologists who love to travel. One of us spent childhood summers in Idyllwild. I didn't return as an adult until 2013....I was concerned the village might not be as magical as I recalled, and was happy to find that it was still magical! We love that the town is very friendly. It has something for everyone: Art, film, and music festivals; hiking trails both easy and challenging; rock climbing; and close to the Pacific Coast Trail.
Why the Owner Chose Fern Valley (Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA, USA):
We have an apartment in Buenos Aires (see VRBO 165043) we've happily been renting to travelers on VRBO since 2006, and have 5 star ratings. We thought it would be fun to have a property closer to home that we could share with travelers. After looking at several cabins, this one was an instantaneous 'yes!'. The cabin (vintage 1940s) was charming, the yard was large and flat, the neighborhood was lovely yet convenient to town, and the views of the mountains were amazing! We've done several upgrades - most importantly, forced air heating! - and plan more, including adding another deck.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We loved the vintage feel of the home, and have thoroughly enjoyed adding 'arts and crafts' period touches. These include stickley style furniture, period artwork, vintage jadeite; and period light fixtures. We have really enjoyed the idiosyncratic touches that make this one of a kind, such as a hard to describe ipod dock.
- Secondary: +1 3105290715 9am to 7pm
Links to more information:
Bright and sunny-you can see Lily Rock through the trees.
The front door to the cabin. The sun porch creates a cheerful entrance.
The enclosed sun porch on a winter day. The new heating system keeps the sun porch warm even when there is snow outside, as there was the day this was taken.
The kitchen has a vintage feel, (mostly) modern appliances, cookware, and..
The living room is cozy and warm. If you wish, you can also have a fire in the fireplace.
If arriving at night, look for the Craftsman style light on the driveway pillar.
One corner of the living room: a closer view.
Plenty of storage space in the bedroom: a large closet, shelves & a dresser.
The skylights as seen from inside the shower...lovely.
The downstairs room
another satisfied customer.
Our new - 2nd - deck. Eye level with the trees.
You can sit on the deck, enjoy a cup of coffee or glass of wine, and gaze at Lily Rock.
The backyard at twilight. The path is lighted at night, and leads toward a picnic table; a lovely place to sit & enjoy nature! In the spring the area is covered with blue lupine flowers.
The large yard has pines, oak and manzanita trees. You can see Lily Rock from the yard.
The kitchen is large and has a dining area. The corner shelf, crafted by a master carpenter, is filled with cookbooks and vintage Jadeite.
...a couple of settees, a CD/record/tape player, and lots of light.
The large living room has hard wood floors, a warm carpet, a fireplace....
The bedroom has handmade quilts, 600 thread count sheets, and a view outside that can't be beat. On a clear night, if the shades are open you can lie in bed & see the stars.
The large bathroom has skylights, a 'built-in' bench, a tub/shower...
Washer/dryer. We have laundry soap on hand for your convenience.
We are dog friendly! and even have extra leashes and dog food on hand for visiting canines!
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Monday, February 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.