Mid-Island home close to beach access via 5th Street and the center of the island. This 4 bedroom / 2 bath house sleeps 9. Main floor bedrooms have a king bed and a queen and single. Upstairs there is a queen in one room and 2 singles in the other. Enjoy a large screened porch for relaxing with views of the ocean, ICW and marsh scenery. Fully equipped kitchen makes meal prep and clean up a snap; a high chair is available for the little one. Very comfortable living area leading out to screened porch. There is a flat screen TV in living room and master bedroom, DVD in living room and Blu Ray in the master bedroom - Wi-Fi throughout. Convenient outside shower. No smoking or pets permitted.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay1 nights
4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 9
- Calendar last updated:
- Jul 22, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Comfortable and clean
It was a cute little house. But the TV and the TV service and lack of Wi-Fi was disappointing
It was a great house for our family.
We enjoyed the house. The kitchen was well stocked and the beds were comfortable.
Almost Perfect, Few Quirks, Would Stay Again.
Overall, this house has everything you need, but does have a few quirks. I will start off with the good:
- Its a great location, just a few minute walk to the beach. In fact, every street on the island has its very own public beach access, so it made trips to the sand short and easy.
- Well priced for its size. There are 4 bedrooms, 3 of which have multiple beds, and two full bathrooms. The living and dining area is spacious and has enough seating for 8. We had only 4 people on our trip and splitting the cost was affordable, it could be SUPER cheap if you used the house to capacity.
-The screened in porch is a nice touch, we spent a lot of time out there relaxing with cocktails before or after beach time.
-The kitchen is fully stocked with anything you will ever need and then some. We cooked every night we stayed and had everything we needed.
- Keyless entry made this a dream, no worrying about who had the keys, etc. Just share the code and come and go as you please.
Now for the quirks:
- The lock on the sliding door to the porch is broken and would not lock. We didnt mind this much as there were locks to the screen porch and a stopper bar you could lay in the track so you really had nothing to worry about, but it was a small black mark nonetheless simply because it was not in proper order and you expect a property like this not to have issues like that.
- We were VERY, VERY dissapointed that the house does NOT have a 3rd story deck as the pictures show. It must have been removed from the home and the listing just never got updated. The worst part is that when we called the leasing agency to inquire about this they actually told us to come to their office and pick up a key to access this area. However, we never did as you can plainly see from outside the home that the deck had been removed from the back roof and that the access to it used to actually be from a window in one of the upstairs bedrooms. This was especially weird, because each house has a property manager and you would think they should be familiar with all of this info, but it wasnt the end of the world.
- We were excited about the outdoor shower, but it was a bit disappointing. The size of it was nice and everything worked as it should. The downfall is that the location deep under the center of the house meant no sunlight to enjoy at all. It really should be marketed as more of a sand wash off spot than a true outdoor shower, but still works and was OK.
Super Spacious and Beautiful
First, let me say that the pictures of this place do not capture the true beauty of the inside. It's so spacious and warm. This house is truly a home away from home and its only a block away from the beach like literally a straight shot. We will definitely be coming back. My family and I absolutely loved this property, especially having the 2 floors.
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees