4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 9
About Cathy Six
Sloane Realty Vacations is a vacation rental management company located in Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach, North Carolina. We have been hosting families to our beaches for more than 60 years. We offer a wide variety of accommodations from 1 bedroom condos to 9 bedroom luxury homes.
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
The house could use some updating like the tv, couch and could use some new burners for the stove
It was a peaceful place and would go back
Maintenance had to come out 5 times.
We regret that you had an unpleasant stay. Unfortunately, the oven died right after you arrived. It took 2 days before we knew that it could not be repaired. We ordered a new oven that day and it was delivered immediately. In order to install the new oven the counter had to have work done. We refunded of 1/2 of your reservation because of the inconvenience.
Comfortable and clean
It was a cute little house. But the TV and the TV service and lack of Wi-Fi was disappointing
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are sorry you had difficulties with the TVs and Internet, and wished you had contacted us during your stay. The house does have wi-fi with instructions for the network ID and password placed on the refrigerator. We would have also gladly contacted the cable company if our maintenance staff was unable to sort out the TVs.
Please come visit again!
It was a great house for our family.
We enjoyed the house. The kitchen was well stocked and the beds were comfortable.
Almost Perfect, Few Quirks, Would Stay Again.
Overall, this house has everything you need, but does have a few quirks. I will start off with the good:
- Its a great location, just a few minute walk to the beach. In fact, every street on the island has its very own public beach access, so it made trips to the sand short and easy.
- Well priced for its size. There are 4 bedrooms, 3 of which have multiple beds, and two full bathrooms. The living and dining area is spacious and has enough seating for 8. We had only 4 people on our trip and splitting the cost was affordable, it could be SUPER cheap if you used the house to capacity.
-The screened in porch is a nice touch, we spent a lot of time out there relaxing with cocktails before or after beach time.
-The kitchen is fully stocked with anything you will ever need and then some. We cooked every night we stayed and had everything we needed.
- Keyless entry made this a dream, no worrying about who had the keys, etc. Just share the code and come and go as you please.
Now for the quirks:
- The lock on the sliding door to the porch is broken and would not lock. We didnt mind this much as there were locks to the screen porch and a stopper bar you could lay in the track so you really had nothing to worry about, but it was a small black mark nonetheless simply because it was not in proper order and you expect a property like this not to have issues like that.
- We were VERY, VERY dissapointed that the house does NOT have a 3rd story deck as the pictures show. It must have been removed from the home and the listing just never got updated. The worst part is that when we called the leasing agency to inquire about this they actually told us to come to their office and pick up a key to access this area. However, we never did as you can plainly see from outside the home that the deck had been removed from the back roof and that the access to it used to actually be from a window in one of the upstairs bedrooms. This was especially weird, because each house has a property manager and you would think they should be familiar with all of this info, but it wasnt the end of the world.
- We were excited about the outdoor shower, but it was a bit disappointing. The size of it was nice and everything worked as it should. The downfall is that the location deep under the center of the house meant no sunlight to enjoy at all. It really should be marketed as more of a sand wash off spot than a true outdoor shower, but still works and was OK.
Super Spacious and Beautiful
First, let me say that the pictures of this place do not capture the true beauty of the inside. It's so spacious and warm. This house is truly a home away from home and its only a block away from the beach like literally a straight shot. We will definitely be coming back. My family and I absolutely loved this property, especially having the 2 floors.