Stunning Waterfront Views, Luxuriously Renovated Historic 1884 Cape on 20 Acres(18 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Spectaular views, spacious contemporary open plan living space, 3BR, 2BR
There are breathtaking views from the entire ground floor, including the contemporary country-style Chef’s kitchen with state of the art stainless appliances as well as cherry-wood countertops.
Sliding doors from the living/dining area open onto the spacious curved deck that runs the length of the home with steps leading down to the cobblestone circular patio area, which is equipped with a granite fireplace. Complete with built-in seating and LED riser lights, the space extends indoor entertaining outdoors.
The 2400 sqft home has a large open concept living/dining/kitchen space, mixing contemporary design with historic architectural features and custom-built furniture. The spacious ground floor master suite has deck access and a spa-style ensuite bathroom. Upstairs, the 2-room guest suite, 2nd guest room and family/media room offer plenty of additional space.
Your days might start (early or later…) with a morning walk down to the water, possibly with a thermos of coffee as we often do, to sit and enjoy the peaceful views from the bench installed at the water’s edge. Or for those of you so inclined, do your morning exercises watching the sun rise. I myself will tend to open the deck doors from the master bedroom and watch the view from there with my first cup of coffee. You will want to spend time relaxing on the elevated deck while planning trips to the beach or some of the nearby villages and towns such as Damariscotta, Rockland or Camden to name a few. Further afield, you will find spectacular hiking trails available in Camden Hills State Park or Acadia National Park.
If you don’t feel like going out for dinner, get lobster from a local supplier or decide to cook a meal in the fully equipped kitchen or simply use the large gas grill on the deck for a simple barbecue. Later in the evening, light a fire in the outdoors granite fireplace, cook smores or just enjoy conversation with your friends and family.
This home was the featured remodel on the DIY Network show Blog Cabin 2012.
Member since: 2014
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- A long hallway accommodates two 4-foot-wide storage closets. A king-sized bed complemented by locally sourced antique furniture is framed by the original interior doors which form a compelling wainscot in the home's bright and airy bedroom. The standout feature of the master bedroom, a decorative wall treatment, incorporates interior 4-panel rail and stile doors reclaimed during the renovation of Jacob’s Place. Dark wood plantation shutters provide privacy in the master bedroom while allowing light to stream in through the sliding doors and window. Guest Suite – 2nd Floor: This beautifully decorated suite with a queen-size bed boasts a Maine-inspired 'lodge living' design theme where dusty gray walls allow vibrant colors and textures to take center stage. A casual sitting area continues the guest bedroom's cozy lodge theme with an eclectic mix of furnishings and accessories....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Farmhouse antiques pair with vintage-style fixtures and a soothing blue glass tile in the spa-style bathroom. One of the home's original doors becomes the master bathroom pocket door. The 6-foot-long custom vanity is clad in natural quartz as is the nearly 3-foot-deep air bath, offering breathtaking views of meadlowlands. The ceiling-mounted tub filler creates a unique sensory experience. The user controls massage intensity, body target and the color scheme of chromotherapy lighting via a remote control. A series of awning windows is installed to provide ample light while offering the ultimate in privacy. Plantation shutters allow light to stream into the master bathroom, while providing privacy as one enjoys the air bath. ...moreless
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Water View
A casual gathering space, pairing classic shaker style cabinetry with stainless steel and weathered wood surfaces. The focal point is the custom-built barn wood table and cafe style chairs....moreless
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter 2017 Special Offer
Jan 21 - Mar 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 1 - Jun 23, 2017
3 night min stay
Summer Season 2017
Jun 24 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Late Summer/Fall Colors
Sep 10 - Oct 28, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $125 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $600
- Pet Fee $50
- Tax Rate 9%
Stays less than 7 nights we require a 3 night minimum and rental period must commence on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Please note that we cannot accept short term rentals commencing on Thursday or Friday as this would effectively block two subsequent weeks for other guests.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We, Jim and Mia, come from a multinational background and have lived and worked in many different places throughout the world. Currently we divide our time between Europe and USA with frequent stays in Asia. We continue to enjoy travelling both for work and pleasure, and having spent several vacations in Maine, we fell absolutely in love with the mid-coast area and were lucky enough to drive past our dream home one day which happened to be for sale. We plan to use this wonderful house as much as possible ourselves, and have furnished and equipped it as such - as a home we dream of returning to at any time of year and one we are delighted to share with friends and renters who share our love for beautiful spaces inside and out. We speak English, German, French and Danish.
Why the Owner Chose Waldoboro, Maine, United States of America:
While vacationing in the Mid-Coast Region, we drove past this unique property one rainy day by pure coincidence and saw a 'for sale' sign. We were enchanted by the stunning views as well as the cosy look and feel of the home and figured “it was just meant to be”. Apart from being a very beautiful home, we love the fact that it has a history going back to 1884. We have albums at the house documenting the extensive remodelling and renovations which were carried out during 2012 when this place was the featured home in the DIY Network's programme 'Blog Cabin'.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
When planning the renovation of this home, great care was taken to respect the original structure and features and a great effort was made to use many reclaimed materials, either by incorporating them in the new structure such as the original red double front door, now dividing the living space from the hallway leading to the master bedroom suite where again the beautiful wooden paneling is made of the house’s original inside doors. Wooden gutters were used both on custom-built tables as was barnwood reclaimed from an old structure. We very much feel that many parts of the old home which was build in 1884 continue to live on and we hope it will continue to do so for many generations to come.
Links to more information:
Daylight is fading, lights are coming on
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, January 13, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.