About the property
- Cabin1200 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
1200 sq. ft. log cabin with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen & living room. Sleeps 6.
Whether you’re planning to visit the Dale Hollow area on a family vacation, honeymoon, hunting / fishing trip, or simply a peaceful get away; you’ll enjoy this privately owned log cabin with rustic decor just minutes from Dale Hollow Lake. The 100’ x 200’ lot provides peace, privacy, and plenty of room to park multiple vehicles, boats, and trailers including a car port to protect your boat or car from the weather. It’s the perfect place to relax after a day of fishing, horseback riding, hunting, or playing on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake!
Approximately 1200 square foot of indoor living space equipped with:
• All new appliances and furnishings, pillow top mattresses, and memory foam pillows installed in the spring of 2014.
• Direct TV & wireless internet service.
• Central heat and air.
• Washer & dryer available for your use.
• The living room is open to the roof beams with a queen sized sofa sleeper, 2 rocker recliners, a 40 inch flat screen TV, and a DVD/CD/Blue Ray player.
• Kitchen fully equipped with refrigerator w/ ice maker, microwave, flat top range, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, crock pot, electric mixer, and chopper. Cookware, dinnerware, silverware, cooking utensils, kitchen linens, and 1st morning coffee provided. Dining table with 4 chairs plus a breakfast bar with 2 bar stools for additional dining space.
• Bathroom is a little small, but it has everything you’ll need ... 34” shower, vanity, toilet, and hair dryer. Plenty of towels and 1st morning bath products provided in case you forget something.
• Cozy loft bedroom above the kitchen with 2 twin beds, chest of drawers, and night stand.
Full sized finished Basement:
• Accessible from the main floor or basement level outside entrance on the back side of the cabin.
• Bedroom with a queen sized bed, large mirrored dresser, large closet, and a sitting area with a cozy love seat & 20” TV.
Relax with your morning coffee in a rocking chair on the large front porch and enjoy outdoor dining on the covered back deck that runs the length of the cabin. The deck is furnished with a dining table, 6 chairs, and a gas grill. Sit back and soak up the tranquil scenery of open grassy fields and woods. The view from the deck is beautiful, especially in the fall when the leaves turn! You may even spot some wild turkey or deer! While the steaks sizzle on the grill, you may want to try your luck at a game of Corn Hole (boards & bags provided). After dinner you may want to relax around a cozy fire in the outdoor fire pit and roast some marshmallows.
The Getaway is not next to anything, but it's near everything! The peace and quiet coupled with views of open fields and woods will make it seem like you are a long way from anything, but most everything you'll want is close by.
Dale Hollow Lake is just a couple of miles away. With over 600 miles of naturally preserved shoreline and crystal-clear water, beautiful Dale Hollow Lake is perfect for boating, wake boarding, jet skiing, diving, and fishing. It's a prime location for small mouth bass fishing, currently holding the world record for the largest Small Mouth Bass ever taken (11 lb., 15 oz)!
You'll find 4 marinas where you can rent boats and jet skis, or where you can launch your own within 5 miles of the Getaway:
• Holly Creek Resort – 2 miles.
• Hendricks Creek Resort – 4 miles.
• Dale Hollow Marina – 5 miles.
• Cedar Hill Resort – 5 miles
If you enjoy horseback riding or hiking, you won't want to miss the Red Oak Ridge Horse Riding / Hiking Trail that is just 3 miles away. The trail offers 18 miles of beautiful and scenic trails developed for horseback riding or hiking. Beginning on wooded ridge top, riders can descend to follow the forested Dale Hollow shoreline. Seven loops provide for cutbacks to shorten or lengthen the trail, and the Eagles Bluff Overlook provides one of the most spectacular vistas of Dale Hollow Lake.
• Just 7 miles away you'll find the quaint little town of Celina with multiple stores where you can purchase gas, groceries, bait, and other necessities. You may want to browse the little antique shops downtown around the old court house or make a visit to the Clay County Museum. Along the way, stop in for a taste of the local BBQ or some country cooking at one of the small restaurants.
A little further out you'll find additional marinas, 2 state parks, golf courses, more unique little towns, and plenty of southern hospitality.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 15, 2018
About Linda Ahrens
As a life long resident of the little town of Celina, I grew up swimming and skiing on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake and riding horses over the rolling hills of my family's farm. While the rest of the world has gotten bigger and busier over the years, nothing much has changed around here. The lake is still crystal clear, the shoreline is still natural, and everyone in our little town still waves when they meet you on the road. I'm now a local business owner of a local BBQ restaurant and look forward to having you come and enjoy our little slice of paradise!
Linda Ahrens purchased this Cabin in 2012
Why Linda Ahrens chose Clay County
I purchased this property a few years ago because of its proximity to the lake and the Red Oak Trail where our family enjoys horseback riding. It's only a couple of miles down to the Holly Creek Marina where we can launch our bass boat, or we can park our horse trailer at the cabin and take off on horseback for the day. Since the cabin is located on a large lot, the grand kids can play outside without worry that they'll get into the road. The cabin is surrounded by open fields and woods, so it is super quiet and peaceful. There is no one to bother you or complain about what you are doing! I sincerely hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
What makes this Cabin unique
The large open lot offers plenty of room to park multiple vehicles or boat trailers. There is very little traffic ... just a few home owners on their way home or a farmer going by on his tractor every now and then. About all the sounds you'll hear are birds singing or the wind blowing!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Lovely cabin, lovely area, lovely people!
The cabin was everything I needed it to be and more! Clean, quiet, thoughtfully furnished, it made my stay in Celina very special indeed! Thank you, Linda!
Secluded yet close to Celina and Dale Hollow Lake. Cabin was clean and very cozy. Might add fire pit under amenities. Would definitely stay there again.
My brother and I enjoyed the stay at this new cabin. Place was well stocked with dishware, utensils etc. Very quite area. Wouldn't hesitate to book again next season.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at my cabin. I look forward to having you back again.
I loved it
Very welcoming!beautiful place...
Close to town and lake. Cabin was very clean and quiet
My group and I had a great time at the cabin! Very comfortable and we put the fire pit and corn hole boards to good use!. Also very close to Holly Creek Marina!
Other points of interest: • Dale Hollow Fish Hatchery stocks approximately 1.5 million rainbow, brown, and lake trout to the waters in Tennessee each year. Visitors are welcome to tour the hatchery and aquarium – 5 miles • Dale Hollow Dam with campground, picnic shelter, and playground – 6 miles • Standing Stone State Park with hiking trails, picnic shelters, swimming pool, and playground – 18 miles • Dale Hollow State Park with an 18-hole championship golf course. Voted 2013/14 #7 ‘Best in State of KY’ by Golf Digest. – 18 miles
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
1) Reservations within 30 days require full payment at time of booking. 2) Responsible party must be at least 21 years of age and must be present during stay. 3) Damage deposit will be refunded within 7 days of checkout provided checkout procedures were followed and no damage / missing items are observed. 4) 3 night minimum stay during Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day weekends.