Peace & Quiet Just 5 Minutes from Holly Creek Marina on Dale Hollow Lake!(35 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
1200 sq. ft. log cabin with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen & living room. Sleeps 6.
Approximately 1200 square foot of indoor living space equipped with:
• All new appliances and furnishings, pillow top mattresses, and memory foam pillows installed in the spring of 2014.
• Direct TV & wireless internet service.
• Central heat and air.
• Washer & dryer available for your use.
• The living room is open to the roof beams with a queen sized sofa sleeper, 2 rocker recliners, a 40 inch flat screen TV, and a DVD/CD/Blue Ray player.
• Bathroom is a little small, but it has everything you’ll need ... 34” shower, vanity, toilet, and hair dryer. Plenty of towels and 1st morning bath products provided in case you forget something.
• Cozy loft bedroom above the kitchen with 2 twin beds, chest of drawers, and night stand.
Full sized finished Basement:
• Accessible from the main floor or basement level outside entrance on the back side of the cabin.
• Bedroom with a queen sized bed, large mirrored dresser, large closet, and a sitting area with a cozy love seat & 20” TV.
Relax with your morning coffee in a rocking chair on the large front porch and enjoy outdoor dining on the covered back deck that runs the length of the cabin. The deck is furnished with a dining table, 6 chairs, and a gas grill. Sit back and soak up the tranquil scenery of open grassy fields and woods. The view from the deck is beautiful, especially in the fall when the leaves turn! You may even spot some wild turkey or deer! While the steaks sizzle on the grill, you may want to try your luck at a game of Corn Hole (boards & bags provided). After dinner you may want to relax around a cozy fire in the outdoor fire pit and roast some marshmallows.
The Getaway is not next to anything, but it's near everything! The peace and quiet coupled with views of open fields and woods will make it seem like you are a long way from anything, but most everything you'll want is close by.
Dale Hollow Lake is just a couple of miles away. With over 600 miles of naturally preserved shoreline and crystal-clear water, beautiful Dale Hollow Lake is perfect for boating, wake boarding, jet skiing, diving, and fishing. It's a prime location for small mouth bass fishing, currently holding the world record for the largest Small Mouth Bass ever taken (11 lb., 15 oz)!
You'll find 4 marinas where you can rent boats and jet skis, or where you can launch your own within 5 miles of the Getaway:
• Holly Creek Resort – 2 miles.
• Hendricks Creek Resort – 4 miles.
• Dale Hollow Marina – 5 miles.
• Cedar Hill Resort – 5 miles
If you enjoy horseback riding or hiking, you won't want to miss the Red Oak Ridge Horse Riding / Hiking Trail that is just 3 miles away. The trail offers 18 miles of beautiful and scenic trails developed for horseback riding or hiking. Beginning on wooded ridge top, riders can descend to follow the forested Dale Hollow shoreline. Seven loops provide for cutbacks to shorten or lengthen the trail, and the Eagles Bluff Overlook provides one of the most spectacular vistas of Dale Hollow Lake.
• Just 7 miles away you'll find the quaint little town of Celina with multiple stores where you can purchase gas, groceries, bait, and other necessities. You may want to browse the little antique shops downtown around the old court house or make a visit to the Clay County Museum. Along the way, stop in for a taste of the local BBQ or some country cooking at one of the small restaurants.
A little further out you'll find additional marinas, 2 state parks, golf courses, more unique little towns, and plenty of southern hospitality.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 1st morning bath products included in case you forget something!
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 25 - Sep 11, 2017
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $50 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 9.75%
1) Reservations within 30 days require full payment at time of booking.
2) Responsible party must be at least 21 years of age and must be present during stay.
3) Damage deposit will be refunded within 7 days of checkout provided checkout procedures were followed and no damage / missing items are observed.
4) 3 night minimum stay during Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day weekends.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Other points of interest:
• Dale Hollow Fish Hatchery stocks approximately 1.5 million rainbow, brown, and lake trout to the waters in Tennessee each year. Visitors are welcome to tour the hatchery and aquarium – 5 miles
• Dale Hollow Dam with campground, picnic shelter, and playground – 6 miles
• Standing Stone State Park with hiking trails, picnic shelters, swimming pool, and playground – 18 miles
• Dale Hollow State Park with an 18-hole championship golf course. Voted 2013/14 #7 ‘Best in State of KY’ by Golf Digest. – 18 miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: As a life long resident of the little town of Celina, I grew up swimming and skiing on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake and riding horses over the rolling hills of my family's farm. While the rest of the world has gotten bigger and busier over the years, nothing much has changed around here. The lake is still crystal clear, the shoreline is still natural, and everyone in our little town still waves when they meet you on the road. I'm now a local business owner of a local BBQ restaurant and look forward to having you come and enjoy our little slice of paradise!
Why the Owner Chose Celina, TN, USA:
I purchased this property a few years ago because of its proximity to the lake and the Red Oak Trail where our family enjoys horseback riding. It's only a couple of miles down to the Holly Creek Marina where we can launch our bass boat, or we can park our horse trailer at the cabin and take off on horseback for the day. Since the cabin is located on a large lot, the grand kids can play outside without worry that they'll get into the road. The cabin is surrounded by open fields and woods, so it is super quiet and peaceful. There is no one to bother you or complain about what you are doing! I sincerely hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The large open lot offers plenty of room to park multiple vehicles or boat trailers. There is very little traffic ... just a few home owners on their way home or a farmer going by on his tractor every now and then. About all the sounds you'll hear are birds singing or the wind blowing!
- Primary: 9312612488
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to 'The Getaway'!
Rock away your cares on the big front porch.
Lofty openness continues up to the loft bedroom.
Relax in a cozy recliner or nap on the sofa.
Dining table seats 4 plus breakfast bar with 2 stools adds seating for 2 more.
Enjoy your 1st morning coffee on us!
Plenty of towels provided.
Loft bedroom has it's own alarm clock.
Sitting area with comfy love seat & 20' TV.
So quiet! You'll sleep great!
Back deck accessible from the yard.
View off the back deck ... nothing but grass, trees, & maybe a deer or turkey!
Large yard & a carport all just for you!
Living room ceiling open up to the roof beams.
View from the loft railing.
Enjoy your favorite shows on this 40' flat screen TV.
New full size appliances. Refrigerator has ice maker.
Bathroom is just off the kitchen.
1st morning bath products provided in case you forget something!
Down the stairs to the large basement bedroom.
Queen size sleigh bed with pillow top mattress!
Large mirrored dresser, closet, & outside door.
Gas grill & grilling set ready for the chef! Large outdoor dining space.
Look the other way & still nothing but nature in sight!
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, May 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.