About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 4 nights
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Sleeps 4
Gorgeously Furnished, Remodeled River Hideaway with Hot Tub, Outdoor Great Room for Living and Dining, Gas Fireplace; Walk to Downtown Guerneville, Rio Nido Roadhouse & Swimming Pool, across the street to Stumptown Brewery! Short Drive to Wine Tasting, Coast, Hiking, Golf. WIFI. Keyless Entry. Your Well-Behaved Dog is Welcome!
There is a flight of steps up to the entry. The living room has a seating area and a dining set, opening to a small deck with bistro set. The kitchen is off the living room in an L. The bedroom is off the living room opens to the bathroom. Off the kitchen area, the deck is to the side of the house and has outdoor dining, hot tub, and outdoor living furniture. House is approx. 800sf. Note this home is in a relatively dense river neighborhod on a side road parallel to River Road and across from Stumptown Brewery.
Minimum Stay: 2 Nights EXCEPT 3 Nights President's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day thru Sept 30, Christmas, New Year's; 4 Nights Thanksgiving. Summer: Up to 4 Nights June- Aug; Check-In Day is VARIABLE. Last minute shorter bookings sometimes available.
Max Occupancy: 4. Max Automobiles: 1. Quiet Hours 10pm-7am. No outdoor amplified sound at any time.
TOT Certificate #2040.
Hillside Property, Walk to Town
1 Bedroom (queen bed with Tempur-Pedic mattress)
Sleeper (living room)
500 Count Sheets, Down and Down Alternative Pillows
1 Bathroom (tub/shower)
Bed and Bath Linens (bar soap, shampoo, spa/beach towels not provided)
Baseboard Heat (bedroom); Gas Fireplace (living area)
No Air Conditioning.
1 Cable TV (44" HDTV w/DVD/VCR in living room)
Stereo with CD
WIFI, Unlimited Domestic Long Distance
Dining Set (4)
Full Kitchen with Blender, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Cookware
Gas Stove, Dishwasher, Ice Maker
New LP Steam Washer and Dryer
Gated Deck with Dining Set (4), Hot Tub (4), Gas Grill (propane provided), Outdoor Living Room Furniture, Fountain
Small Deck off of Living Room with Bisto Set (2)
Your Well-Behaved Dog is Welcome!
Walk to River Beach, Downtown Guerneville (1.2 miles, no sidewalks), Stumptown Brewery
Short Drive to Wine Tasting, Golf, Hiking in Redwoods, Coast
Russian River Getaways NC
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Wonderful and Relaxing
Lovely house...perfect for relaxing and great location to enjoy the Russian River.
Will come back for sure!
just okay. not very impressed.
This place looked great in the pics! Decor is sweet - a little mismatched/awkwardly arranged but overall a cabin/tree-house feel. The trees through the deck were beautiful! Neighborhood was quiet. Parking was easy.
1) It was 100 degree weather this weekend. Inside the house was close to 90. We absolutely read that there was no A/C so we were a bit concerned BUT we got there and saw a ceiling fan and a swamp cooler! perfect, right? Swamp cooler is good for one room. Looked around for more fans and there were none... totally needed to circulate the air. Opened some windows/doors but shut them pretty quickly since there are no screens (except for the bedroom) and bugs/mosquitos were happily joining our vacay. We couldnt get the ceiling fan to work. No manual. Just a switch and a remote. We tried it all and even bought new batteries. Finally gave up and it magically turned on about 11pm the first night?! Timer? Still don't know. Helped a little.
2) We had bought food to grill. Started around 8ish. Looked for the porch light to continue. No light? Not working? Had to use our phone flashlight to finish cooking dinner that first night.
We left a msg with property mngmt that first night. When we returned to the house after our river visit the following day they had left 3 large fans for us. Didn't call us back but did leave fans... seemed little weird but we went with it.
3) Sadly, had to take away 2 stars for this stuff:
* The deck had spider webs (you could tell they had been there awhile)... the deck furniture (including the cute cushions) were dirty.
* The floors were dusty and there was dog hair here and there. Totally understand it's a dog friendly place (we brought our pup too!) but it seemed as though it hadn't been swept from the previous furry visitor. I rolled up the inside mat by the front porch because we didn't want our dog to further shed all over it and because we brought him his own bed/mat. As I rolled it up... underneath was SUPER dusty with layers of dog hair. So I swept the floor but even the swiffer/sweeper mop was pretty dirty.
* The bathtub had some sticky soapy film and the mat was moldy. Also random hairs on the floor mat in the bathroom.
I will add that the kitchen/fridge were throughly cleaned. Plenty of dishes and cooking gadgets.
Overall, still not sure I'd stay here again and definitely not when it's 75+ degree weather. Highly suggest adding door and window screens and ensuring cleanliness before guests.
Great little house in the trees
We had a great time in Guerneville, and at this house. It was nicely decorated, clean, and provided multiple spots to relax outside. Although the neighborhood could be loud at times, it was a very peaceful spot to be, for the most part. The home was nicely appointed with the right amount of furnishings throughout. Obviously, they put a lot of thought into this home. Would return to again.
We spent time on the river, which was nice and calm over Labor Day weekend. Armstrong Redwoods was a great family spot to visit. Sonoma Coast State park had beautiful views and a wonderful hike on the bluffs over the ocean. Beautiful area in general!
Very cute cozy and relaxing home
The home has everything you need for comfort, nicely decorated, clean and really loved the deck with the redwood trees and hot tub. It's perfect for a short gettaway from the hectic city life. I would definitely come back in the future.
Nice cozy home
My family of 4 (2 adults; 2 young kids) spent a fun weekend here in June. The home is very nicely furnished, with a fully stocked kitchen. Great deck area, with outdoor seating, dining table for 4, and a nice hot tub. Close to town and river amenities. Perfect for a family with young kids or a couple.
We enjoyed our stay at Serendipity. The information we received from the management company was clear and helpful and we had no trouble finding or accessing the property. The décor is nice and as depicted in the photos. They make the most of the space in the house with cozy furnishings in exactly the right spots. The house was a perfect size for my husband and me, but in my opinion, would have been too small to share with another couple, although fine for one couple with kids. The bathroom is off the bedroom and quite small, which would have been awkward with another couple. The outdoor space was nice. It is difficult to appreciate how tucked into the hill and trees the house is until you get there, but it really is and we called it our treehouse. There was record heat when we were there, and no air conditioning, so it was a bit warm at times, especially since most windows don't have screens and couldn't be left open. They do provide a fan/portable a/c unit that helped keep us cool at night. Guerneville is a quaint town, but there isn't much "there" there...so we visited other area towns for most of our dining and entertainment (when we weren't visiting wineries for entertainment). We did enjoy lunch at Boon Eat + Drink and a some beer on the river facing outdoor deck at Stumptown Brewery. We visited and took at short hike at the Armstrong Redwoods, which was about 10 minutes away and very much enjoyed that. Overall, if the Guerneville location works for your trip, I'd recommend Serendipity.
Wine tasting, Zip lines
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees
3-for-2 Discount runs Jan-Mar.
Weekly rate is 7 nights for the price of 6.