Secluded Family-Friendly Cottage with 2 Mini-Cabins & Hot Tub on Lake Sanford(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 bedroom 2 bath cottage & 2 mini cabins on lake front property
***Send us a email that describes your group and your expectations. I will be able to answer a lot of commonly asked questions and send you a quote that is specific to your needs.***
The property features 3 secluded cottages (1 main cottage and 2 mini-cabins) on three-acres of lake front property, with over 700 feet of prime fishing shore line on Sanford Lake. The yard features a fire pit, and most yard sports. Relax on the hammock or take a nature hike down a wooded trail. Our property is surrounded by 40 acres of wooded state land. Those 40 acres are adjacent to thousands of acres of wooded state land with trails throughout. We also have a 4-6 person hot tub available for use at an additional fee. The property also has a dock for a Boat, Pontoon, or a Jet Ski.
The main cottage is 1,800 sf with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. All bedrooms are located in the third level loft, with 2 bedrooms featuring 1 king size bed each, and a third room with 2 queen size beds, sleeping a total of 8 people comfortably. The second floor of the main cottage includes a full kitchen & dining area, living room with couches, a 60” TV, DVD player & Wii gaming system, full bathroom, and laundry. The second floor also features multiple outdoor decks and stairs connecting to the hot tub area and other various & unique areas. Main cottage bottom floor (walk out basement style) features a recreation room with billiards table, electric dart game, circuit gym, elliptical/stair master machine, and 1 full bathroom.
There are 2 “mini cabins” on the property that are available to rent at an additional price for larger groups: Mini Cabin #1 is approximately 20 feet from the main cottage. Mini Cabin #2 is approximately 100 feet from the main cottage and built close to the water. Both Mini Cabins comfortably sleep 3-4 people. Each Mini Cabin is about 240 sf and feature:
• A fridge, full-size futon, recliner, and coffee table on the 1st level
• A queen bed in the loft area
Sanford Lake is perfect for Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie, Walleye, Bluegill, and Perch fishing. There is boat launch a short distance from our property, and at the south end of the lake, there is a large public beach with a great spray park for children. Pontoon, kayak, & canoe rentals are all available nearby.
This property is also perfect for one day events such as:
- Family Reunions
- Company or Church outings
- Pig Roast (we have a 90 cubic foot barbeque/smoker that can cater any outdoor event available to rent)
* Please contact owner for more information on rates for one day events.
** Please also check out our other property, a Mid Michigan Hobby Farm Getaway w/ Lake Access, which 5 minutes away from this one!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 2280 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 8-14
- 8 people can sleep comfortably in the main cabin at all times. 14 people can sleep comfortably in the main cabin & 2 mini-cabins during May-September... It is too cold to sleep in the mini cabins October-April. During October-April, we are willing open up the mini-cabins for your use for an additional fee....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Lake View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Add Mini-Cabin (Cabin#2) $100 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Winter Mini-Cabin AC/Heat $100 + tax
- Hot Tub Cleaning Fee $200 + tax
- Pet Fee $50 + tax
- Add Mini-Cabin (Cabin#1) $100 + tax
- Tax Rate 6%
- Pet fee is $50 per pet for a 3-7 day rental. Pets are limited to indoor/outdoor kennels & basement only. Pets must be on a leash at all times while outside on the property. Pet owners must properly clean up after pets (bag dog poop and put it in trash).
- Mini- Cabin rental fees are for the (3 Day) use and Linen Cleaning of identified Mini Cabin.
- Winter Mini-Cabin AC/Heat fee and Opening fee
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
We are only about 15 miles (about 20 minutes) away from Downtown Midland, where there are tons of restaurants, bars, and stores to visit.
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: I am a business owner and entrepreneur who formerly served in the US Marine Corps. I live full-time within 5 miles from this property. I grew up having a family cottage that was the setting for many cherished memories and weekend getaways. I built this cottage so my family, friends, and others could also enjoy a quality family setting to make their own cherished memories.
Why the Owner Chose Sanford, MI, USA:
This unique property is centrally located in the state. There are to many family fun adventures to list in this area. I designed and built this retreat for family fun. I am keeping the price point low so that it can be enjoyed by as many family-fun seekers as possible.
- Primary: +1 2485656090
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Outside view of the main cabin
Main cabin kitchen
Main cabin family room with fireplace
Rec room in main cabin
Guest Sleeping Chart
Yard in the winter
Tons of Wildlife. This picture was taken on our lawn. The State Land is loaded.
Great Fishing For Everyone!!!!
Soccer, Frisbee Golf, Volley Ball, Lawn Tennis, Sand Box, Horse Shoes, and more!
Billards and Electronic Dart Game.
Living Room X-mas 2014
Splash park on Lake Sanford
One of the mini cabins and boat dock
Main cabin stairs leading to bedrooms
Main cabin bathroom
Main cabin 2nd floor panoramic view
View of the cottage from the water
Yeah the yard is Huge!!! Wiffle Ball Anyone?
Fall View Showing Mini Cabin #1
Sandwich Bar and Dinning Area in Kitchen
Mini Cabin-futon folds into full size bed, recliner and ship ladder to queen bed
Splash park on Lake Sanford
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 07, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM