Spring is in the Air!!(40 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Experience the charm of an 1836 home that survived the Civil War.
You must really love trains if you plan on visiting Harpers Ferry.
They pass through the Gap all day and night. If you don't like a horn whistle... you won't like being here. Most folks enjoy the charm of it.
The B n B has many steps. Steps inside... steps to get into the house.
This is the perfect place for anyone who enjoys a little cardio.
The energy that comes from within it's walls is pure love.
Sitting atop a bluff overlooking the Potomac River and the Shops of town. Just feet from the National Park and miles of hiking/biking trails. Amtrak and Marc commuter trains both stop just a 3 minute walk from the house.
You'll Fall asleep comfortably on firm pillow-top mattresses.
We are the Ideal place for a romantic weekend or vacation for two.
Two story, One bath, well equipped kitchen for creating terrific meals.
Dining room, Large Living room with GREAT Fireplace.
Front porch that puts you right out in the beauty of the Ferry, yet very private.
Convenient grocery shopping just 5 miles away in Charles Town.
Transportation for shopping can be arranged for anyone arriving by Train.
See the Town from the air.....
Member since: 2014
- 850 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Master Bedroom has a double, firm, pillow top mattress and fluffy duvet. Stunning views of Md, WV and VA as well as the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers. Furnished with seating, dresser and supplemental window AC unit in the summer. The Landing at the top of the stairs also has a double, firm, pillow top full sized mattress with duvet and quilt. Directly outside of the bathroom, it is private when the door to the Master bedroom is closed. The River room has a twin bed with duvet and quilt for cool evenings. Accessed through the master bedroom, it has privacy with it's own door and a VERY large closet for hanging clothes....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Be in the middle of the action, but above it all! Standing 16 feet above Public Way, the front porch is a portico balcony overlooking Harpers Ferry's historic and commercial districts. It is the perfect spot to enjoy morning sunrises over the river, people watching during the day as visitors pass up and down the streets below you, cool afternoon breezes, and a romantic evening when the rising full moon paints the river silver....moreless
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 16 - Apr 19, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 20 - Apr 20, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 21 - May 1, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 12%
Contact us for Senior Citizen or Military Discounted Rates.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Must Love Trains!!!
Amtrak, MARC and MANY CSX trains travel thru Harpers Ferry.
They do this at all hours of the day and night. While some may find the train noise disturbing, many find it relaxing and a joy.
We're hoping our guests are the latter.
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: Steve Sherry and Greg Dean That's us. 15 yrs partnered and recently tied the knot (thank you WV) We took pride in and Loved our little home for the last 15 yrs. 3 arduous years of restoration later and we're ready to share it with the world. We're lucky to live right next door in the Home we're NOW working to restore. While Steve commutes to work in Bethesda each day, Dean stays home doing K9 rescue. Our weekends are filled with friends and family often visiting. Recently we hosted the wedding of our oldest daughter.... ahh the memories. Pretty easy going and reasonable we'll strive to make your stay as wonderful as the last decade has been for us.
Why the Owner Chose Harpers Ferry, WV, USA:
Just like i believe there's someone for everyone, I also believe there's a place for everyone. Steve and Dean feel this village with it's Circa 1840 atmosphere is more than just home for them. In 2001, we met the most wonderful resident of Harpers Ferry, and then she sold us her home. 15 yrs later, we're still best friends with her.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Quaint and charming are two overused words, but they really do describe the B n B.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
163 Public Way. The Bed n Biskit (The BnB)
The dining room.
Full Size Loft bed at the top of the stairs, next to the bathroom.
Cats Eye Vessel Sink.
New shower with Terrific Pressure.
Master Bedroom facing out. The closed door is the twin bedroom.
Home Away From Home and you could Be here!
From Md Heights Overlook. The B n B is right in the middle of the pic.
Full size Loft bed.
Medicine Cabinet opens up to reveal exterior house boards. Looking back in time.
Snuggle in Warmth! Let us Make Winter Beautiful for you!
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.