Waterfront Beach House Close to Everything!
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
This charming, historic and beautifully appointed beach front house features two bedrooms (one room with attached bath has a Queen bed and another room with a single bed) and sleeps three. The cottage is stocked with everything you will need for an easy get away. Enjoy the large deck overlooking the breathtaking views of Mt. Baker and the Sisters, watch the ferry, the Whatcom Chief, sail back and forth, take a soak in the deep tub, read by the fireplace, put your kayak in the water and adventure, or go for a bike ride or hike. You will find yourself within walking distance of the local Beach Store Cafe (just across the street), Farmers Market, and local grocery store. Conveniently located only a five minute walk to the ferry and on the picturesque 7 mile loop which is great for walking and bike riding. Despite the proximity to Vancouver BC and Seattle, Lummi Island feels like it is a 'world away'. The Beach House was built in 1933 and has a long history on Lummi Island, and at one time served as the local library. With a complete Sunset Magazine worthy remodel in 2004 it could not be sweeter.
Member since: 2014
- 970 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Refundable pet deposit of $150.00 . A pet fee of $20 a day during per pet, is charged (max 2 dogs with approval) . Renters must not allow pets on furniture and make sure to pick up after any messes, please. Dogs must be crated if you leave them in the house. We do have a pet size limitation. No large dogs (ie: great danes, St. Bernards, Huskies etc) ...moreless
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 3, Beds for 3
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- A great garden tub with views and separate shower.
- Guests may order concierge service as a separate amenity from this booking by going to: www.lummiislandconcierge.com . Contact Lummi Island Concierge LLC owner, Jackie Granger and let her know the dates you've booked and what you'd like her to provide for your arrival. While this is a separate service, the owner of The Beach House is more than happy to coordinate with Jackie, the owner of Lummi Island Concierge LLC to grant her access to stock your refrigerator and pantry for your arrival. She provides other amenities such as bike rentals as well. If you are interested in a massage during your vacation, you can schedule an in-home massage through Heather Arvensis, LMP at All Is Well Massage. She can be reached through the Lummi Island Artist's website. If you would like to order housecleaning services during your stay, please notify owners upon booking. This will be an extra charge to you, but we can arrange for a visit from local house cleaners. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 16 - Apr 1, 2017
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Pet Fee $20
- Cleaning Fee $85
- Tax Rate 11%
There is a $20/day per pet fee up to two pets
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Those of us living on Lummi Island came here because of its unspoiled natural beauty, the slower, peaceful pace of the island, and a tight-knit rural community reminiscent of a bygone era. We are also the only San Juan island with easy access to the mainland and urban services, one of the main reasons Lummi can remain as commercially undeveloped as it is. Here, Mother Nature is at her best with spectacular water and island views, an abundance of sea birds, eagles, herons, and even passing pods of Orca whales. There are many ways to fill your time while you visit Lummi Island; beach comb, ride your bike on the quiet roads around the island, eat delicious, locally grown food at the Beach Store Cafe and listen to live music, visit the famous Willows Inn, stop in for a glass of wine at the wine gallery, bird watch, kayak, go sailing, read a book by the fire... Lummi Island is also a great launching point for Bellingham or exploring into the bigger city like Vancouver, BC.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: Colleen McCrory and Angie Dixon, long-term residents of Lummi Island, and friends, became the proud new owners of the Beach House in December of 2014. This delightful home with its up-close water views, location, it's place in the island's history and unique style was a particular joy and opportunity for them, as well as their families. They look forward to sharing the Beach House and this wonderful community and island with you. The peace, abundance of nature and outdoor adventures here on Lummi Island are unbeatable.
Why the Owner Chose Lummi Island, WA, USA:
We both love living here and being a part of the island and were excited to be able to invest in such a beautiful property.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
This property has the best of both convenience to island locations like the Beach Store Cafe, the library, store, school and ferry and privacy and stunning views.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to The Beach House!
Mt. Baker, proud in the horizon.
Gas cook-top, microwave, abundant storage...
Nice dining table, seats four AND serves up a gorgeous view.
Enjoy a glass of wine or a good book by the cozy propane fireplace.
We have a dishwasher, although you may opt for hand-washing with this view.
Enjoy the lovely soaker tub, ALSO with a view of the water.
Heavy duty, easy to navigate aluminum stairs to the beach.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 04, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.