Ocean-View Studio, Steps from Beaches!(5 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Studio
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
The Best Of Kauai In Sunny Poipu
Only steps to the beach
Prince Kuhio Resort, awarded a prestigious certificate of excellence for its outstanding qualities, is a small and quaint resort about 20 yards from the beach. Some of the best swimming, snorkeling, and surfing on Kauai are right out in front at Prince Kuhio Beach and Lawai Beach. Hawaiian sea turtles and tropical fish swim close to shore in a protected cove.
The sound of the ocean
You will enjoy the sound of the ocean, the birds singing, the tropical breeze, and the amazing sunrise every day from your lanai, which has a bar-height table and chairs so that you can fully enjoy this extraordinary setting. On the other side of the resort there is a koi pond, waterfalls, and a large swimming pool surrounded by a lush, exotic garden with a picnic and barbecue area.
Located on the second floor, the condo is tastefully decorated with island-style furnishings and a comfortable king bed. Cooling trade winds blow through wall-to-wall windows. The kitchen is fully equipped with lots of extras. Beach towels and beach chairs are provided. All you will need are your swimsuit and flip flops!
Laundry facilities are also available on site and ample parking is available at the resort. The owner/manager lives on-island so assistance is always readily available.
A 'Solid Gold Value'
The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook rates Prince Kuhio Resort condos as a 'Solid Gold Value.'
• The award-winning open-air Beach House restaurant is across the street, overlooking three world-class surf breaks.
• A safe swimming and snorkeling cove is just off the grassy lawn where you can swim with turtles and colorful tropical fish.
• Kukui`ula Harbor is nearby for snorkel, dive, or fishing tours.
• Less than a mile down the road is spouting horn, an ancient ocean lava blowhole.
• Just beyond the spouting horn is the National Tropical Botanical Garden, where Jurassic Park was filmed.
• Walk 10 minutes to Kukui’ula Village, an upscale shopping resort of restaurants, shops, and a gourmet farmers’ market.
• Prince Kuhio Park, on one side of the resort, is a lush, quiet open space that preserves Hawaii’s rich cultural heritage with ancient ruins, a royal fishpond, and a heiau (sacred site).
• Tennis and golf are available nearby.
• A variety of restaurants are also available in Old Koloa Town, an old sugar town that dates back to the 1800s, and also at the Poipu Shopping Village.
Transient Accommodations Tax Number: TA-089-469-7472-01
General Excise Tax Number: GE-089-469-7472-02
Member since: 2015
- On floor 2
- 338 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Monument View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 2 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
Ample parking on the premises, either in front of the complex for quick stops or on the first floor of the parking structure adjacent to the complex. Roadside parking usually available as well....moreless
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 6 - Mar 31, 2017
1 night min stay
Dec 15 - Jan 5, 2018
1 night min stay
Jan 6 - Mar 31, 2018
1 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Outcleaning $115
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 13.42%
If staying more than 2 weeks, an interim cleaning of $115 is required.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2014
About: Aloha, I was born and raised on Kauai and currently live near verdant mountains around 50 minutes away from gorgeous sunny Poipu where this condo is located. I chose this charming ocean-view condo as my home-away-from-home because its location is blessed with nearly year-round sunny skies and excellent beaches. The unit's compact size and convenient location are also practical and perfect for an independent, carefree lifestyle. In my spare time, I love hiking, biking, stand-up paddling and snorkeling in Kauai's wonderland. You will too! Mahalo for staying at Prince Kuhio Studio 231! Jane
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lovely sunrise, ocean, mountain and park views looking from the lanai.
Entry into complex from parking garage
View from bed to bathroom.
Enchanting koi just after sunrise
Royal Palms and ti leaves shade the garden
Just steps away is Lawai Beach
Sunset cruise off Lawai Beach
A monk seal resting at Lawai Beach
Thank you for the great reviews! (pg. 1 of 3)
Thank you for the great reviews (pg. 3 of 4)
Thank you for your kind reviews!
Prince Kuhio Resort is 20 yards from the beach
Tastefully appointed with Hawaiian-style bedding
View toward dining, entertainment and lanai.
Gas barbecue area in the lush garden at Prince Kuhio Resort
Poipu is often called The Sunny Side of Kauai
Surf breaking on the protective reef off Lawai Beach. Great snorkeling.
Hawaiian sea turtle at nearby Poipu Beach
Prince Kuhio 231Guest Book
Thank you for the great reviews! (pg. 2 of 4)
Thank you for your kind reviews! (pg. 4 of 4)
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.