NOTE AS OF JULY 14, 2018:
A NEW SPLIT-SYSTEM AIR CONDITIONER IS EXPECTED TO BE INSTALLED BY AUG. 14, 2018. ALSO FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT, BEAUTIFUL NEW SOLID MANGO-WOOD FURNITURE IS NOW IN!
Enjoy the best of Kauai and have extra money for island excursions. This fully equipped ocean-view studio condo at Poipu Beach has stunning vistas of the bay, peaceful Prince Kuhio Park, and mountains framed by rainbows and swaying palms.
Only steps to the beach
Prince Kuhio Resort, awarded a prestigious certificate of excellence for its outstanding qualities, is a small and quaint resort about 20 yards from the beach. Some of the best swimming, snorkeling, and surfing on Kauai are right out in front at Prince Kuhio Beach and Lawai Beach. Hawaiian sea turtles and tropical fish swim close to shore in a protected cove.
The sound of the ocean
You will enjoy the sound of the ocean, the birds singing, the tropical breeze, and the amazing sunrise every day from your lanai, which has a bar-height table and chairs so that you can fully enjoy this extraordinary setting. On the other side of the resort there is a koi pond, waterfalls, and a large swimming pool surrounded by a lush, exotic garden with a picnic and barbecue area.
Located on the second floor, the condo is tastefully decorated with island-style furnishings and a comfortable king bed. Though the unit has no air conditioning, cooling tradewinds often blow through tall windows and it is very comfortable for most of the year. Part of the summer and into fall can be a bit warm for some, though that has been enjoyed by those who can appreciate the balmy tropical ambience of Hawaii. The kitchen is fully equipped with lots of extras. Beach towels and beach chairs are provided. All you will need are your swimsuit and flip flops!
Laundry facilities are also available on site and ample parking is available at the resort. The owner/manager lives on-island so assistance is always readily available.
A 'Solid Gold Value'
The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook rates Prince Kuhio Resort condos as a 'Solid Gold Value.'
• The award-winning open-air Beach House restaurant is across the street, overlooking three world-class surf breaks.
• A safe swimming and snorkeling cove is just off the grassy lawn where you can swim with turtles and colorful tropical fish.
• Kukui`ula Harbor is nearby for snorkel, dive, or fishing tours.
• Less than a mile down the road is spouting horn, an ancient ocean lava blowhole.
• Just beyond the spouting horn is the National Tropical Botanical Garden, where Jurassic Park was filmed.
• Walk 10 minutes to Kukui’ula Village, an upscale shopping resort of restaurants, shops, and a gourmet farmers’ market.
• Prince Kuhio Park, on one side of the resort, is a lush, quiet open space that preserves Hawaii’s rich cultural heritage with ancient ruins, a royal fishpond, and a heiau (sacred site).
• Tennis and golf are available nearby.
• A variety of restaurants are also available in Old Koloa Town, an old sugar town that dates back to the 1800s, and also at the Poipu Shopping Village.
Transient Accommodations Tax Number: TA-089-469-7472-01
General Excise Tax Number: GE-089-469-7472-02